Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

The film canister won't prove anything IMO, just a neat thing to have, and part of the story. Happy to show anyone, just don't want to send it off or leave my possession:) 

Actually, I didn't think I could prove anything with it either. I just wanted to make a comparison with what I found. But I respect that decision. 

Here are a few print pics from the recent wet weather.......there seems to be some good movement out there, great weather.

By the way, for you hikers out there that love minimalist shoes, check out the LEMS Primal 2, a little pricey, but I'm a year & a half into my current pair, and very tough hiking surfaces around here.

Print 114.jpg

Print 115.jpg

Print 116.jpg

Print 117.jpg

Print 118.jpg

Print 121.jpg

Print 122.jpg

Print 124.jpg

Print 125.jpg

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas!

Found this head scratcher on Monday.......I had put this small pumpkin, and slightly larger than a softball, at the gift tree starting in mid November. Nothing had touched it in over a month, so this past Sunday, I heading down the ravine from the gift tree area to the creek, put the pumpkin in a small pool that wouldn't allow it to travel down stream, and would stay in the pool. The next day Monday I was hiking back to the gift tree from the trail I usually use at the top of the ravine from the creek, with the gift tree about midway down, and about 100 yards through thick brush from the top of the ravine to the creek. To my surprise, I found the pumpkin at the top of the ravine, and at the trail head to the trail leading down to the gift tree. 

This is truly one of the oddest things I have seen in a while, and was pretty cool! Message and/or sense of humor?

I put the pumpkin back in the creek. It's raining today, but will check it soon, plus will add some other fruits. 

Pumpkin Creek.jpg

Pumpkin @ Trail Head.jpg

Yeah, I checked really good, no marks of any kind on the pumpkin, something with hands did this.

Also, found a probable pig hunt track; first pic shows the fresh from the night before piggy rut, one Juvieprint circled red, and a close up in the 2nd pic. The area was pretty wet & muddy, so the side walls of the print were already caving in. I'm guessing he was with 'big daddy', but he's much more careful about leaving tracks. Hope their hunt was successful, too many hogs out here:)

Pig Hunt Track 1.jpg

Pig Hunt Track 2.jpg

Maybe they don't know how to 'open' it and want you to do it for them. Cut the pumpkin around the largest part of the circumference so the 'top' can be lifted off to expose the goodies. Cutting the pumpkin will be 'olfactory signaling'.  If the pumpkin is eaten, monitor the area for scat with pumpkin seeds.  Think of the seeds as 'tracers'.

Not necessarily conclusive since other animals may be interested once they can get past the thick rind.  Looks like a 'pie' pumpkin.  Easy to pack in.  In my location, pie pumpkins are about $1/lb.

Edited by Catmandoo
add more text

BFF Patron
On 12/14/2018 at 11:37 AM, Bigtex said:

55 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

Maybe they don't know how to 'open' it and want you to do it for them. Cut the pumpkin around the largest part of the circumference so the 'top' can be lifted off to expose the goodies. Cutting the pumpkin will be 'olfactory signaling'.  If the pumpkin is eaten, monitor the area for scat with pumpkin seeds.  Think of the seeds as 'tracers'.

Not necessarily conclusive since other animals may be interested once they can get past the thick rind.  Looks like a 'pie' pumpkin.  Easy to pack in.  In my location, pie pumpkins are about $1/lb.

Pumpkin cam comes to mind.   

8 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I suggested a pumpkin cam to someone on this forum months ago. Don't know if any action was taken.  Pie pumpkin is very small and easy to carry.  Lugging around a larger pumpkin would require assistance from a family member ( slave labor ). 

BFF Patron

On 12/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, Catmandoo said:

Anyone see the TV footage of some engineer that got tired of having porch pirates steal his packages?   It went around the news channels locally a few days ago.     He rigged up 4 cell phones to take pictures, provide GPS tracking,   glitter dispensing machine, and a gadget that fires of bursts of canned fart smell should a porch pirate grab and open a package from his porch.    Pretty funny watching the youtube videos.    Anyway something similar inside a pumpkin that takes pictures in 4 directions might be a way to catch an image of some curious BF.     They seem to really avoid getting in front of cameras.    But if the camera popped up out of a pumpkin and quickly  spun around taking pictures,  in 4 or more directions sure seems likely if the camera survived you would get something.  

I did see that on YouTube, and was hilarious! Now that's the kind of 'thinking out of the box' that I have always embraced with regard to this Bigfootery:)

Happy New Year.......hoping for a great, safe, and prosperous year for all!

Having a problem with my new iPhone 8+ as far as editing pictures, so either need to take another camera on my hikes or figure out why its not working.

I take the pics with the iPhone, then email them to myself when I get home.

Maybe someone here knows, it is probably something I accidentally turned off on my iPhone or computer.....won't let me rotate photos properly, and when I hit to save the rotation, this appears, WTH (what the heck:)?

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic