Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

BFF Patron

While I occasionally email pictures from my IPhone to my computer, I normally plug the I phone via the charging cable into the computer (A windows computer)   USB port and find the phone on the device list and select it.     It opens up an import window but first your phone asks you if you want the computer to access your phone.    I say yes then can select pictures or groups of pictures to download.   Pictures only reside in one file in your phone,   You have to find that file and open it up.    If you have a lot of phone pictures it is more convenient to do it that way than email the pictures.   

I received a gift of sorts, but probably more of a protest.......found this pile of poop at the 'Door' to the gift tree area, and it wasn't there the day before. It was fairly large with lots of hair in it, and about the size of an adult human, the color was a bit weird too. The red arrows in the 1st pic are pointing to half-prints with some toe definition, as the subject was on its toes while performing the poop maneuver:) The prints looked much better 'live' for sure, was hoping to get better picture detail on them, and their orientation appeared pigeon-toed, which would be the natural position of your feet while doing this. I am guessing the Juviefoot left me this, judging from the print & poop size.......also, I had no interest in collecting the fresh stinky poop:)

Doorway_Poop_1.jpg

Doorway Poop 2.jpg

BFF Patron

Scale is difficult to tell but could those be huge owl pellets or regurgitated material from a cat and not excrement?

You could probe to see if small animal bones are present which might point to a big owl.

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

https://www.history.com/news/oldest-weapons-discovery-spearpoints-texas       I see where Texas now is the find of the oldest known weapon in North America dating back 15000 years.      Predates the Clovis points by 2000 years.     The accepted history of North America is wrong wrong wrong.  

Related to the above   www.history.com/news/new-study-refutes-theory-of-how-humans-populated-north-america

Edited by SWWASAS

Admin

^^^. Maybe they took the core samples in the wrong spot...  :)

These days you got to wait until several studies reproduce the results before reaching a conclusion.

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

https://www.history.com/news/oldest-weapons-discovery-spearpoints-texas       I see where Texas now is the find of the oldest known weapon in North America dating back 15000 years.      Predates the Clovis points by 2000 years.     The accepted history of North America is wrong wrong wrong.  

Related to the above   www.history.com/news/new-study-refutes-theory-of-how-humans-populated-north-america

How about citations, I have points in hand from one of if not the oldest NC Cherokee woodland sites and documented not far from Spanish forts which are way back now in NC in the area of todays' Burke County or NC, Morganton area......    there is little that makes me  flinch at his point, other than rock-bound alleged footprints in Tx river  formations``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Edited by bipedalist

2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

How about citations, I have points in hand from one of if not the oldest NC Cherokee woodland sites and documented not far from Spanish forts which are way back now in NC in the area of todays' Burke County or NC, Morganton area......    there is little that makes me  flinch at his point, other than rock-bound alleged footprints in Tx river  formations``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Should I guess the points you have are from Atlatl darts?  I looked at Atlatl darts a while back. They are all over the world. Something like 200 names for them. I think that Atlatl darts/points should be used to trace human migrations. The Atlatl goes back 30,000 years in Europe and about 12,000 in North America. Wooden objects don't survive the ravages of time too well. The Atlatl could go back further. Mungo Man ( Australia ) was dated to 42,000 years BP. I think that I have seen an older age. Mungo Man had arthritus in his right elbow and it has been labeled ""Atlatl Elbow". For me, a group that indicates migration by boats was a  group that lived at the tip of Baja Californisa until the 16th century was the 'Pericues'.  They were there at least 10,000 years ago. They did not practice agriculture but had boats. Darts too.

Physically, they were similar to the Lagoa Santa finds ( Brazil ) and both groups were closer to Australian aboriginals and Melanesians than to Siberians.

The invading Spanish learned from the Aztecs that the Atlatl darts were great for fishing and armor piercing  except for metal plates.

Atlatl groups have formed for 'retro' dart throwing contests. An example of launching darts is in the movie "Quigley Down Under". The Aboriginal group that saved Quigley teach him the technique of the launch. You can watch the movie to appreciate the Atlatl and the long rifle.

So, Bipedalist, you want citations? Speeding, double parking? 

Rock bound footprints........you left off the dinosaur tracks and the moonshine. Fun loving Texas town during the depression. They did not need help in Texas. Moonshine and dino tracks......had to be fun. 

Edited by Catmandoo
add more text
  • Like 1

BFF Patron

Amazing what elbow grease and a lot of spare time can acconplish.  Not sure what I have but it is known it is from one of the oldest paleo-Indian villages documented in Western NC, not claiming to have Salutrean stuff, but what I have was collected by moi!  But documented decades later as significant!

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

I have documented "bird" points as well as broken spear points!  A girl-friends nephew collected the most amazing bird point though as I guided him through my hunting zone, wish I had a picture of that point now~

Beginners luck!  The area was several decades later found to be one of the earliest paleo-Indian or pre-Cherokee villages ever discovered to that time in WNC!  And, was excavated as part of a state sponsored, university dig!

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

I was told by moderators on arrowheads.com that these two I found in Guilford county NC are called stem points and from the Savannas and are are roughly 3-5K years old.  I cannot imagine finding something 10K years older.  The one on top is missing the point and the one on the bottom is missing a shoulder.  

lhV86ljTaIswNXRSvU6fjakZufwkt02CNp0Jpgumde_SgyZ1Y_3g0BjiCjW4GbeY-w_MbRSmEMk4A8nIojmdO2LTKz4eD9JYhNh7Eay48go5os-K10DenXqTCBoYMmXXOiYDkN70wwdmwK6KzyfT7QFs3TahYy-g9qok6k-zhAchtXnWoeGTtAtZuFPRJB1AsmER6JLMpV5nT5jpZyPFcshbC2eycMVwOfVvUe8O5F8olPINb4kAPeG7U1OCDEHaqtExVH-U1SbLxUwbEXQgI1TzHYuc7BJkLB0MOufeBwEmUNEvXDiDOoBZ-0lK-yPS3PL8VdZJR7pWdKFWRJyZgsdlbOj1CO5iu2NHp0jVQ5uhvCaD_6Hjc9669LeFR39g9rC77kMgD-V8tAhSDNcPVywnvfUAc7TLSTMk70r3qTE4k-vb7oLy3PHFs0g4v7SZIL69vFO9gtgTGcbY-69e3aNyS-gdNWvgk1_epqLNjP8PlKZadl2SN29OPG1ANzMLGdhA-7nmZSzhq2xYnp7CqLittpm9imkUaQs7mhYlOaG7NN3Bl8Bo_j1U_Y7b7WaFwBp9XrusViM9SxxJWmh8gHXgMWGRSC5OsMkSc22p_3UzJYfz8UoMTW0bs6fWvsQqaPRVy8m8cS1uuDHany5diz5JCw=w185-h247-no

Somewhere way back in this thread we talked about stone tools & weapons, lots of stuff around here for sure, and some really old artifacts too......the oldest known burial in the US, complete with a few artifacts, is very close to some of my hiking areas in Leander, and dated around 15,000 BC. It was a woman, nicknamed 'Leanderthal Woman, and found in the Brushy Creek area, where there have also been Bigfoot sightings. I have found some amazing tools, arrowheads, ax blades, and spear points.

BFF Patron

If the land bridge corridor from Asia was not open and usable until about 12500 years ago it is pretty obvious that mankind was already well established at that point.     The mass extinction at 13000 years ago wiped out the Clovis people along with the woolly mammoths and other large terrestrial animals in North America.     That mass extinction has been pinned on a 3 mile wide comet that hit southern Canada.   So that pretty much indicates boats had to be used to arrive earlier than the land bridge opening.     Evidence points to arrival by boat across the Pacific into South America,   along the edge of the ice sheet from both the NE and NW coasts of North America.      The claims that boats were not known to be used that early are simply rediculus when it is known that the Polynesians spread out of SE Asia throughout the islands of the pacific as early as 30,000 years ago.   They did not swim hundreds or thousands of miles island hopping.    That comet event likely buried much evidence of pre 13000 mankind habitation as well as BF who might have been here at the same time.  

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic