Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

It's been very hot lately, hiking some, but the ground is so dry....and not many tracks to find. But have found a few down by the creeks. The Sotol plants are on the menu during these hot dry months, and have found plenty of the discarded shoots in several places, they seem to love eating this stuff during the summer, and it is quite tasty:)

Print 190.jpg

Print 191.jpg

Print 192.jpg

Sotol 57.jpg

Sotol 58.jpg

Sotol 59.jpg

Sotol 60.jpg

Sotol 61.jpg

Sotol 62.jpg

Sotol 63.jpg

• Upvote 2

Sotol is unique. Have you gifted any Tequila items? ( no worms ).  Hmmmmm........peanuts soaked in Tequila. Apple / orange injected with Tequila?

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Well if they are given enough tequila, like drunk humans, they might want to let us take selfies.     Now that would be a picture, a human and a BF side by side posing for a selfie.    

Ha....for sure! I'll take some tequila and 2 shot glasses out there Saturday night, and some Jack Link beef jerky for the munchies.....that should do it:)

BFF Patron

You know I have advocated someone like you in an active area set up a buffet line every full moon and just give them space to come in and help there self.    Pretty soon you would have them lining up for chow and posing for pictures.     Works for homeless people.   

I'm your guy for that......grill some meat too, get that smell going, that's actually a good idea......might just try that one! I've done that before, but not out here yet.

BFF Patron

I am told frying bacon draws them in.      

I have wanted to try corn mash.  I have not set up a way to make the offering 'selective' so that the animals in my animal inventory do not become impaired.

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

I am told frying bacon draws them in.      

And what else?  Leave out a couple rolls of Charmin while your'e at it.

BFF Patron

Interesting question about the Charmin.     I wonder with their wide shoulders if they can even reach back there to wipe.      The couple of scat piles I found that I suspected of BF being the source they would need a whole roll to clean their bottom.   One was deposited right in the middle of a trail I had hiked in on an hour before.  Alway wondered if they were leaving a message for me.  At least it did not throw it like some zoo apes.    I know if you urinate in front of them it gets them riled up.  

Edited by SWWASAS

3 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I wonder with their wide shoulders if they can even reach back there to wipe.

You are onto new data mining.....the Charmin ratio.  Benchmark work.

I know if you urinate in front of them it gets them riled up.

Male or female?

BFF Patron
15 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

You are onto new data mining.....the Charmin ratio.  Benchmark work.

Male or female?

Both but probably for different reasons.       They would assume a male is marking their territory and assume a female bare bottom is presentation like some apes make when they are sexually receptive.    I am not kidding folks!    If you think one is nearby give it a try based on your gender.  Of course in the case of a female it might be a dangerous thing to do.    I reported the incidents in another BF Forum and several people had experienced the same response from nearby BF.   One guy got out of his tent in a very dark night to urinate and nearly peed on the leg of a BF who the human thought was a stump.   He reported that the BF stormed off in a fit of rage.    I was telling John Bindernagel about my incidents and a guy listening said the same thing had happened to him.   John made notes about it a notebook.  

Well ratty-tat, wish I could have that experience......and as an older guy, I'm getting out of that darn tent a few times a night now........your humble narrator below:)

Daddio 6-2019.jpg

• Upvote 3

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic