Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Impressive heel indent on the third photo! It boggles the mind thinking about those boogers running all over in the middle of the night.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty dry out here, but still a few moist spots where parts of the creek are still holding water, and creating a little traffic.....nice pick of Lulu, her coat really blends in, easier to see lil Rusty.

Print 193.jpg

Print 194.jpg

Print 195.jpg

Lulu 1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been hot & dry, hoping for some cooler temps and rain! There are a few places that are still holding water, and lotta critters using these woods oasis'.

The first print is a good example of a BF non-print, with a large wolf print, Lulu probably, also been seeing some juvie prints lately that I hadn't seen before......new kid on the block:)? 

IMG_3189.jpg

Print 197 - Non-BF Print.jpg

Print 198.jpg

Print 199.jpg

Print 200 (Juvie).jpg

• Upvote 1

My area is in a natural corridor for traveling around in this part of the woods, and as the pools and creeks dry up, it's even more predictable, with only a few places still holding water. I had one very close daylight sighting in this area a few years back, and I wouldn't have ever noticed it if Lulu the wolf hadn't found it crouching down near me. I had seen 3 others over the years starting when I was 5......but what I saw out here totally blew me away. It was 7+ feet,  very skinny, lean like a basketball player, light brown hair and not too thick.......totally different from the classic Sasquatch, must be a Southern Race, and are what I now call 'The Locals', they stay year around in this area. The bigger heavier black ones will start showing up in the Fall. Here's an old pic, and looks VERY much like what I saw out here.

Side Show Bigfoot - Circa 1900.jpg

• Upvote 2

The source of the pic is a 'wildman' that was allegedly killed in California, and was about to go on display in San Francisco, but was lost during the 1906 fire.....as the story goes anyway.

On 8/13/2019 at 2:36 PM, SWWASAS said:

One guy got out of his tent in a very dark night to urinate and nearly peed on the leg of a BF who the human thought was a stump.   He reported that the BF stormed off in a fit of rage.  

Omg, that's funny, but I'm sure it was terrifying at the time!

That tall, skinny alleged bigfoot creature is creepy. And you saw one ... scary cool!  And, fantastic print finds!!!

Edited by Madison5716

Thanks guys! Yes the 'Local' sassyman that I saw was real freaky looking, but no doubt was something in the human family tree, not even close to an ape. We starred at each other what seemed like a long time about 25' apart, but was 10 seconds or less, then it made 3 unbelievably powerful and skilled moves to get away without hardly a sound......jumped 25'-30' feet down in a ravine and hid, because by the short time I got to the edge of where it jumped, there was no sound of it running off, and there surely would have been plenty of noise if it did. The dogs and I did not go down there either, it would still have to be real close by hidden.....the dogs and wolf were on high alert with hair bristled up and sniffing the air. We circled back around from the back side, about a half mile loop, but nothing further.

Here are a couple of pics that I took, my 13 year old son standing where it was, indentations/tracks where it was crouched down, and the mark it made after jumping down in the ravine. The blue cross in one of the pics is where I was standing, and a huge water source to the right where it was standing. This happened around 10:30am a few days before New Years.

BF Sighting 12-28-15  - Cody Comparrison 2.jpg

BF Sighting 2015 - Crouch Down Area.jpg

BF Sighting 2015 - Jump Area.jpg

BF Sighting 2015 - Landing Area 2.jpg

BF Sighting 2015 - Locations.jpg

Edited by Bigtex
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

As Stevie said......."It's flooding down in Texas"......but not in Central Texas, still hot and very dry, plus the last places in my area that were holding water are dry now......not good for tracks:( 

However, I found a fairly fresh Sotol chew, and was still a bit wet.....I find a couple of these a year, I know the hairyman loves the tender shoots, so assuming they are the ones doing this, plus I find these way off-trail.

Also......last year and the year before I was leaving Peanut Butter jars in certain areas, but none in over a year.......found this lid the the other day, and a long way away from either gift location where I was leaving these.

Sotol Chew 1A.jpg

Sotol Chew 1B.jpg

Lid 7.jpg

Yeah.....the water would be too heavy, I'm already lugging 2 extra jugs for the dogs, plus mine......the load is lighter towards the end though:)

Still dry out here, not quite as hot though......here's a rather fresh Sotol snack area, with a nice print in the mix and is circled in red.

Also, always great to see one of America's large Silk Moths, and in this case an Imperial Moth....what a beauty:)

Sotol 64.jpg

Sotol 65.jpg

Sotol 66.jpg

Sotol 67.jpg

Imperial Moth.jpg

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic