Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Cool, guess I can post a few pics:) Here are a few pics from a track-way that I followed, some nice prints including a double-print, but really like the one where the foot slid down the mud creek edge, leaving some toe slides, and forming a water filled print when it settled in the creek. Also along this track-way I found a few pieces of an excavated ground hornets nest, no chew marks, and the grubs carefully pulled out......a tasty trail snack indeed:)

1A-Slide.jpg

1C-Slide.jpg

1A-Print.jpg

1B-Print (double).jpg

1C-print.jpg

1-nest.jpg

• Upvote 1

Had a nice hike yesterday.....and found something just plain weird....a store-bought chicken egg. The weird part was where it was - way out off any known trail, originally bush-whacked years ago by me, and used by the hairymen too, plus the way it was laid out, with a rock resting on either side......why would something do this? I moved one of the rocks for the last picture, and put it exactly back the way it was. The trail in question is one of several used by the hairyman to get in and out of town, and about 2 miles from the first houses, so still out there. Has anyone else seen something like this?

Egg-1.jpg

Egg-2.jpg

Egg-3.jpg

BFF Patron

The egg shell appears to be punctured.    Was it empty?   

I did that messing with it.....it's full, getting ready to hike over there again today, the only thing I could come up with is that someone/thing left it there for a future snack, the cooler temps would keep it OK for a few days?

Something with hands carefully put it there, and laid the one rock on it to wedge it in there....it's a head scratcher:) 

Edited by Bigtex

BFF Patron

Someone with chickens would know how many days a egg is good for before going bad.   It must be a while or chickens could never hatch eggs.  

I was on the trail 2 days ago and it wasn't there......most folks out here have freezers and a 2nd fridge in there garages and door-less carports.

Still there today, it's the remote location that's strange.......might be someones egg laying chicken that escaped, laid an egg, not sure how the rock would end up on that one side though.

2 hours ago, Bigtex said:

I was on the trail 2 days ago and it wasn't there......most folks out here have freezers and a 2nd fridge in there garages and door-less carports.

Really? Well, no wonder they sneak into town. I suppose it could be from someone's coop, but why would it be placed so oddly? Maybe for a friend to find...it's really hard to figure them sometimes. I always wonder how they can carry off large numbers of things like fruit, etc.

Things like this drive me a little crazy, and really stoke my curiosity.....who carries eggs in the woods, and especially where this is? The Hairymen do use this trail weekly, so it's got to be some kind of message.

Another possibility is security......it was hard to see, and I did have to step around it, so maybe it was there so if someone was coming through there, they would step on this 'egg trap', who the heck knows:) 

Edited by Bigtex

3 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Europeans tend to not refrigerate eggs. Unbroken, good for a couple weeks, anyway.

You can only keep eggs this way if they are just laid and UNWASHED. It's the "bloom" on a newly laid egg that keeps it fresh. If it's a store bought egg, it's unsafe after its warmed up, maybe a few hours. If a human eats that, they'll be winning the "Darwin Award", and potentially removing themselves from the gene pool. Maybe a bigfoot couldn't eat it safely, either, and boom! There's your type specimen,  lol!

That's really weird, Bigtex.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic