Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Freaky around here......wild fires all around us. I hope & pray it doesn't burn my house down or hiking areas!

Hey TDK......no more black Jaguar sightings, and took your suggestion and left a Game Camera by the cave for two weeks. No pictures, except several of the Buzzards living in the cave.

Had a fantastic hike yesterday, best weather since April, and was a freakish 85 degrees, compliments of the wild fires and smoke overcast......and is shown in photo below......the smell of smoke is everywhere!

Here are some more pictures of Littlefoot - the picture with my hand for scale was the same print pictured a few posts back, and a new one I found yesterday, shown with part of my foot. Both prints are very close together, and are part of the same trackway......I'm sure there are more if I study the area closely.

post-193-094021600 1315332203_thumb.jpg

post-193-044187300 1315332232_thumb.jpg

post-193-023883400 1315332258_thumb.jpg

Freaky around here......wild fires all around us. I hope & pray it doesn't burn my house down!

Same fear here. Smoke everywhere as in your pics. At least two dead not far from me. Their house caught fire. Firefighters have worked to exhaustion for the past couple days with little food and water.

the smell of smoke is everywhere!

Yes. Also in my house. A lot of people have lost their homes and everything in them where they are having to stay in shelters. So sad.

Hopefully, only a few more days of the 100+ weather, and there is rain in our forcast!

Here's one of my hiking trails, and a strange twisted tree formation I found blocking my trail. The trail goes between the middle, and left tree, find these trail blockers all the time.....there's a prankster out here I guess.

post-193-013656400 1316013824_thumb.jpg

post-193-061092100 1316013841_thumb.jpg

Shadoangel was nice enough to drive up Saturday to help me cast the print below. Of course, no sign of rain for months until last Friday. Hail to the little rain storm, but it totally washed away the print below:(

However, the track-way through this dry stream bed is still barely evident, just nothing worth casting now.

Heading up to my cabin in the Cascades near Granite Falls Washington on Thursday......back next week.

post-193-078011100 1316459084_thumb.jpg

You could find more prints there now since it rained. Just got rain myself last night for the first time in months.

Sounds fun. Maybe you'll get a squatch visit out of it too.

Hey Jodie, thanks for the post. There is a good water source with nearby Lake Travis, but an even better one just outside of my small town. It's a large holding tank for the city water supply, located at the top of a hill, sourrounded by barbed wire, and No Trespassing signs all along the fence. Woods are pretty thick up there too, and VERY private. It's also near the tracks and other sign I have been finding for years. The large holding tank definitely helps the wildlife population, as there are numerous game trails heading into the restricted area. I respect the signs, and have not been in there.

I was thinking of trying to get permission from the city for access, especially at night, if possible.

It never hurts to ask but I doubt they will let you do a stake out because of all the increased security these days. However, they might consider letting you put game cams up in the restricted area. All they would have to do is inspect them first.

Hey Jodie, thanks for the post. There is a good water source with nearby Lake Travis,

From the shocking pictures I've seen recently that lake is almost dry. Boats and their docs are resting on dry ground that's growing grass.

From the shocking pictures I've seen recently that lake is almost dry. Boats and their docs are resting on dry ground that's growing grass.

Lake Conroe down south were I live is dropping as well, mainly due to the fact they are dropping 150k3m of water per day into the dangerously low San Jacinto River in order to water Houston.

Just got back from my cabin near Granite Falls Washington......nothing to report there, and wasn't even 'looking' really. Just enjoyed old friends, cool weather, and RAIN!

Black Berries & Blue Berries everywhere growing on the Mountain, and a couple of roasted Goat halves.......yummy!

post-193-008290400 1317224974_thumb.jpg

post-193-064769900 1317225100_thumb.jpg

post-193-026999200 1317225128_thumb.jpg

This is a little on the gross side, but interesting too......my Ridgeback took a crapio right when we started our hike a few weeks back. We returned about an hour and a half later, and the poop had several Dung Beetles hard at work. With this heat & drought, it's amazing how quickly they found the fresh poop.....they must have quite a nose. FYI.....they have wings, and probably flew in. These are females who roll the poop into a ball, lay an egg in the middle, and bury the poo-ball. The grub hatches, eats the poop, and pupates into the adult Beetle. Since I bought the dog food.......these are my little pets I guess!

post-193-090171900 1317311092_thumb.jpg

Guest LissingMinx

going by the roots it looks like a canine molar, Tex

edit for clarity: Canine as in Canid; dog family :blush:

Edited by LissingMinx

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic