Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Maybe I should replace it with hard-boiled egg, or leave a bag of Jacklink beef jerky between the rocks......seriously, there's a possible chance to interact here, right?

BFF Patron

They seem fussy about eating some things.    One would think something salty would appeal to them.   They might like the Jerky.  

4 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Maybe I should replace it with hard-boiled egg, or leave a bag of Jacklink beef jerky between the rocks......seriously, there's a possible chance to interact here, right?

I say go for it! 

But hang it high so you know other critters can't get it. Seems considerate to do that.

Then they will know that you know it's them, and that the gift is for them.

Edited by Madison5716

I got great response from giving them checkerboard sweet corn ears. They never failed to show up and take it. You can also look at the cobs they leave behind, It seemed obvious to me it was eaten by something with hands.DSC01127.thumb.JPG.b30cd8149ca44099a45e9bd2b99989f0.JPG

Edited by indiefoot

Eggs are a test for opposable digits as in thumb--finger dexterity.  The thin shell of an egg shows if a bird poked it, an animal tested it with teeth or something handled it without breakage.

If you have dry weather and water is not close, consider leaving out a 'dog bowl' type container with water on the ground. Those animals work up a Texas size thirst playing with Lulu and dodging humans.

HF would fall over if you found slobber and backwash for eDNA testing.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

All good stuff....thanks guys! I have 2 water bowls out there in 2 remote places for the dogs in summer.......my main one disappeared about 3 months ago, only to reappear last week about 3 miles away, and thrown in some brush.

• Upvote 1

Hey Catmando.....no teeth marks, big thick heavy metal, nothing with teeth carried it off, it's back in it's normal spot where it has been a few years:)

Edited by Bigtex

• 2 weeks later...

I love a little mud......some prints from the other day. Last pic is the aftermath of a spoiled wolf that doesn't like being shut in a room.......this happened in less than 10 minutes, lol.

Print 215.jpg

Print 216.jpg

Print 217 (215-6 location).jpg

1-lulu.jpg

• Upvote 1

Oh, no! Sorry, BT. That stinks.

Kinda gives "cuttin' the rug" a whole new meaning, eh?

Edited by NorthWind
addition

Oh she's determined......so NOT a dog, can't spank or disrespect a wolf either, however I can show her my extreme displeasure, and deny her nightly treats....she knows.

I will brag on Lulu....my 18 year old daughter walks the neighborhood for exercise, and I've always made her take the wolf on a leash, and is a great leash 'dog', go figure....anyway, it's fairly wooded around here, and a Coyote was stalking my daughter and Lulu. Lulu knew it was there and already growling, then the 'yote jumped in front of them, but took off when Lulu went full-blown wolf mode, bristled up and made like a national geographic show....my daughter said it was impressive :)

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I bet Lulu got special treatment that night!   

My very best Christmas wishes for all!!

I was hiking along the Hairyman Highway, aka power lines, and ran across this Juniper that was struck by lighting, pretty amazing sight the way it was burned from the inside out. 

1-PL.jpg

1-T1.jpg

1-T2.jpg

1-T3.jpg

1-T4.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic