Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Had a very nice Christmas hike, left some treats for the hairyman at my main gift tree, and is where the dog bowl from the 'lost & found' file is kept:) I did notice that there was a smaller print next the the bowl yesterday, and my guess is it's the playful teenfoot, watched his foot grow over the years, guessing he's 15 or so now, and have always suspected him as the trickster out here, lol. Anyway, I'm no PhD of Pooperia, but wow, what a huge pile of fresh poop that I found nearby the gift area, holy smokes......the pics do not do it justice from a size point of view, it was huge! Would like some feedback on the poop please, we don't have any Bears in the area, at least not yet....they are in East Texas, any experts out there? Plus a nice pic of a double-print.

1-Print-Bowl1.jpg

1-Print-Bowl2.jpg

1-poop1.jpg

1-poop2.jpg

1-Print-double.jpg

That's a big log, lol! Gross.  Doesn't look like the bear piles I saw all last summer.

Teenfoot. I like that term! Maybe the 8 incher we keep finding is a teenfoot, or the one who yelled at me, who was NOT where he should have been (risk taking behavior).

As I've said for many years....Bigfoot ain't born big, so look for smaller prints:) Here's Teenfoot's Babyfoot pic from many years ago....it's in this tread but worth another look, and guessing mom had put him down by the creeks edge for a drink, been watching it grow ever since, which gives me a (Duh) idea, put together a pictorial of his evolving foot....I'm gonna work on that this year!

Babyfoot - 2003.jpg

Babyfoot with 5 Inch Keys.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:15 PM, Bigtex said:

Here's a weird event from yesterday, and something we all need to think about when off the normal trails, especially in the Southern States (help us President Trump, finish the wall).....came across this illegal camp, surveyed the area as best I could and didn't see anybody, so I approached. Was going through the containers, clothes, food, basic supplies, then hard a stick break behind me. There was a gentleman of Mexican descent with fire in his eyes and a machete in hand....thought we were going downtown for sure, then the Calvary ran up, Lulu and Duncan with some fire & teeth of their own! The guy split post hast, I yelled at the pups so they would stop and not bite the guy, no one got hurt.....stay frosty out there my friends:) 

Hobo Camp 1.jpg

Hobo Camp 2.jpg

Wow!!  Been away for a while, just about forgot about this thread, which is one of my favorites on the innernets!

Any chance your local squatch was observing?  Seems you are familiar to his territory...wonder if he might have intervened if your dogs had not.

Hey ExT......glad you are back:) I'm sure they observe me often just from the feelings I get, but not sure about that time....I hope they were ready to jump in if needed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Hey ExT......glad you are back:) I'm sure they observe me often just from the feelings I get, but not sure about that time....I hope they were ready to jump in if needed.

Is this on your property? If so, or even if not, do you report this type of activity to border patrol?

It is not on my property.......I have run across this type of thing before. I've seen them again since that first incident, and we just wave now, I told them I was not their enemy and was not going to report them. 

I have reported poachers and drug growers, with the latter being very dangerous.

Hey guys....Happy New Year!! I believe the first babyfoot pic above was in the Spring of 2003, so been watching that footie grow for a while, I'll put something together showing growth over the years. He's one of 'the locals', a southern hairyman race, tall & lean, not the big fellows that migrate down from the North in the winter, aka your classic Sasquatch, darker much bigger, and one scary son of a gun. 

• Upvote 1

Wow, you mean teenfoot is big and scary? He's certainly grown by now...and he must know you pretty well. Happy new year to all!

Nope.....teenfoot is one of the locals, and what I call 'Urbanfoots', and just like many of the other wildlife that come into town at night to tap that resource, they tend to be not aggressive so as not to give themselves away. Now the bigger dark colored classic Sasquatch, they are the ones that are big & scary :)

I've been meaning to post this pic from 2 weeks ago about the egg, it's gone, did a thorough check of the surrounding area, and not a spec of eggshell anywhere, something appears to have carefully carried it off.

Plus a couple of nice prints from yesterday.

1-Egg there.jpg

1-Egg gone.jpg

1-P1.jpg

1-P2.jpg

1-P3.jpg

Edited by Bigtex

We had a major rain storm blow through Friday night, and always good for finding tracks......followed this track-way for a while, and appeared to be 2 individuals. The last 4 are where one of them jumped across the creek from an elevated point about 6' higher than the creek, no way I would even attempt this. The last 2 were on the other side, and I fell in the mud trying to get the track pics from the reeds.

1-P1.jpg

1-P2.jpg

1-P3.jpg

1-P4.jpg

1-P5.jpg

1-P6.jpg

1-P7.jpg

1-P8.jpg

Here's another one of those.....'odd places found in the woods'. The location is a very hard spot to even find, it's in a ravine down in a bowl low point, and rarely gets any wind, particularly from the North. In the spring & early summer it holds water, shown in the first pic, and is a fav watering hole. It dries up in mid summer, and by winter time,  the weird stuff starts happening there. From a survival standpoint, if you were looking for a cozy spot on a cold night, this would be it. I've seen evidence of small fires, plus fire embers on nearby trails leading there dropped on the ground, and a few pics of what looks like a bedding area, all shown in the pics....one thing for sure, someone is having little fires down there and getting cozy:) The last pic was from the other day, and something had been down in there bedding down, which prompted me to find a few more pics from the past.

1-Pit1.jpg

1-Pit2.jpg

1-Pit3.jpg

1-Pit4.jpg

1-Pit5.jpg

1-Pit6.jpg

1-Pit7.jpg

1-Pit9.jpg

1-Pit8.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bigtex said:

1-Pit5.jpg

1-Pit6.jpg

These two photos are fascinating. Obviously carried from somewhere else, they did not burn there. What the heck? I wonder if there is any dietary or medicinal value in charcoal.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic