Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Here are some prints and Sotol discards from recent hikes.......yeah, I find a lot of prints, most are from an area that I have been researching for over 18 years, and is a fairly narrow corridor coming into my small town.....these are 'Urbanfoots', as I call them, and I know where to find tracks, especially after a nice rain.

First pic shows a track way of a Juviefoot I believe, and a few more in the immediate area

1bb.jpg

1cc.jpg

1aa.jpg

Print 257 (juvie).jpg

Print 258.jpg

Sotol 94.jpg

Sotol 91.jpg

Sotol 89.jpg

Sotol 90.jpg

• Upvote 1

Sometimes, the juvie's don't seem as careful about tracks as the big ones, Lulu definitely helps me sniff them out, particularly the juvies, pretty sure he's the one who keeps an eye on us, knows & likes the wolf, and seems like they play games......she'll run off for a spell, and when she comes back I make note of the direction, and head up there to usually find prints, hmmm, that wolf must be squatchy! 

They have camera mounts for dogs. Probably fit a wolf, too. Would be fascinating to see what she does and sees back there in the bush alone. You have a unique opportunity with her in that regard, my friend. Nobody else I have ever heard of has a wolf that plays with BF. I suggest totally taking advantage of that! 

That would make a great show....Bigfooting with Lulu, lol. Great idea with the camera, might have to work on that one for sure! Sometimes she attracts other wild things, last time she was in heat, a wild wolf followed us back to the car, as seen in the picture, definitely was a wolf and not a coyote.

Wild Wolf.JPG

• Upvote 1

LOL....she is, and a bit of a tease, I really wanted her to get down with that handsome wolf, but she seemed scared of him, even though he was following fairly close....you just never see something like that in the woods, the power of love I guess:)

3 hours ago, Bigtex said:

LOL....she is, and a bit of a tease, I really wanted her to get down with that handsome wolf, but she seemed scared of him, even though he was following fairly close....you just never see something like that in the woods, the power of love I guess:)

Handsome, indeed. And he looks so sad as she is walking away.

Hey JKH, hope you and the family are well:) I've been trying to breed her to a wolf for years, thought it was a slam dunk as close as he got, and I kept trying to call him over closer too. Since I split with the wifey, Lulu thinks my bed is hers now.

Bed Hog.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

It's hot & dry in Texas.....hard to find any prints right now....here are a few interesting impressions, the second appears to be a double print from a larger & smaller foot, an older smaller Sotol chew, and greetings from Bigtex:)

1a.jpg

1aa.jpg

2s.jpg

DNC-2.jpg

1cc.jpg

• Upvote 2

Admin
3 hours ago, Bigtex said:

greetings from Bigtex:)

I had to rearrange the last picture, can't have that ugly mug on the front page slider (it grabs the last picture posted).  :biggrin:

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic