Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Here are a few hike pics that are off subject, but cool.....a very friendly duck, cool cactus plant, a large Alligator Gar up in a tree, and a long way from water, weird.

1duck.jpg

1cactus.jpg

1Gar.jpg

• Confused 1

@Bigtex Aren't alligator gars five or six feet long and 150 pounds or so?

Was the area flooded at one time? Or did something put that fish up there?

So strange, either way!

The Alligator gars can get to over 10' and 200 lbs., this is a different species but still big.......hard to imagine how it got there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas, and wishing you a Happy New Year!

Exciting news for me....an old family friend finally came clean with some Hairyman activity. His family has a 4000 acre ranch, been in their family a long time, lotta hardwoods, no hunting, and set up as a private natural reserve. Anyway, they have Elk on the property and a few of the males die each year during the rut from fighting, dead on the ground one day, gone the next.....no trace or drag marks, clearly being carried off. My buddy went out at dusk recently to inspect a dead Elk, he just wants to be sure there aren't any sign of poaching. While inspecting the animal, he was overcome with fear, then heard movement in the nearby brush. He whipped out his camera with thermal capabilities, and got a nice video, and shows a large animal crouched down on all 4 legs, get up on 2 and run off. I'll be heading there in a few weeks to do several days of camping:)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas, and wishing you a Happy New Year!

Exciting news for me....an old family friend finally came clean with some Hairyman activity. His family has a 4000 acre ranch, been in their family a long time, lotta hardwoods, no hunting, and set up as a private natural reserve. Anyway, they have Elk on the property and a few of the males die each year during the rut from fighting, dead on the ground one day, gone the next.....no trace or drag marks, clearly being carried off. My buddy went out at dusk recently to inspect a dead Elk, he just wants to be sure there aren't any sign of poaching. While inspecting the animal, he was overcome with fear, then heard movement in the nearby brush. He whipped out his camera with thermal capabilities, and got a nice video, and shows a large animal crouched down on all 4 legs, get up on 2 and run off. I'll be heading there in a few weeks to do several days of camping:)

Do we even need to ask?

On 12/30/2020 at 2:27 PM, Bigtex said:

Definitely trying to get that from my buddy to post on here.

Awesome!  I hope that you can get the footage to share.  I am interested in seeing it.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic