Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

On 12/30/2020 at 8:27 AM, Bigtex said:

got a nice video, and shows a large animal crouched down on all 4 legs, get up on 2 and run off.

Do we get to see it? That's awesome!

Sounds like a great set up, BT!

Edited by Madison5716

Wow, we had a very rare snow storm yesterday, not seen in these parts since the mid 80's, Lulu was finally in her element! Had a nice hike on Saturday before the storm, and found some interesting things. if you recall the weird poop (or whatever) pile, my last 'message' was to put the paperweight where it was near the chewed Sotol leaves, it stayed that way several weeks, but now the paperweight is gone, looked pretty hard for it in the area but couldn't find it....before & after pics, and will be interesting to see where it turns up. I hiked over to one of the older & larger Live Oak trees in the area, always find something interesting. I hadn't been there in over a year, and noticed 2 rocks placed up in the tree, 2 pics of that.......I've seen these rocks in trees before, always in a big & strategically located tree, and almost like a 'Kilroy the Hairyman was here', has anyone noticed this before? Also 3 prints that I found, with one of them underwater:)

2E-poop.jpg

1a.jpg

1d_LI.jpg

1c_LI.jpg

1pa.jpg

1pc.jpg

1pd.jpg

1snow.jpg

1lulu.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 1/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, Bigtex said:

Yup.....give me a few days and will get tis posted:)

Enjoy that snow!

We have only gotten below freezing once this year.

Any luck on this video?

26 minutes ago, Bigtex said:

The video is coming soon:)

That's awesome!

Don't mean to hound you.  It just sounds exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting some nice rain lately....always good for finding prints, here's one from the other day. Also, talked to my buddy who has the thermal video, and has it on a satellite phone that he keeps at the ranch. He hasn't gone in a few weeks and will get it next time he's there. He did mention another story involving a mysterious Elk kill recently......I should mention that they have Black Bear, Cougars, and Jaguar's on the ranch. This was a male Elk with no apparent injuries except a broken neck, interesting for sure, but the creepy part was it was in a thicket, no drag marks, and was staked to the ground with 3-4" diameter size tree limbs. He didn't touch the limb-stakes, but could tell they were driven in the ground fairly deep. It would seem that one of the top predators with a tremendous amount of strength staked it to the ground so it wouldn't be dragged off by something else, IMO. He's got a pic of that on the same phone., and will post that one too. Has anyone seen or heard of anything like this before?

1pa.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all....still waiting on the video, but I haven't been able to get out to my buddies ranch, soon though. Here's a nice juvie print, a cave that something has been curled up in recently, and a dead Deer that appeared on one of my hidden trails mysteriously, it wasn't killed there, something brought it there in semi-decayed form.....weird.

1-p.jpg

1-cave.jpg

1-deer.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings.....I hiked over to an area that I hadn't been to in few years because of poison ivy, but it's winter and had on long sleeves & pants, so why not. Anyway, found this cedar/juniper tree pushed over, and something had made a little home inside. There was a cozy cleared area underneath, with a way in & out, and very well hidden from the casual observer........however, can't imagine anyone going over there through the brush, thorns, and poison ivy expect a nutty bigfoot kinda guy, ha:)

1NA.jpg

1NB.jpg

1NC.jpg

1ND.jpg

• Upvote 1

Really hope I can drive today or tomorrow to get to my main hiking area, never been anywhere where I could see & follow tracks in the snow.....that would be so cool! Weather has been brutal in my small town, no power or water for days, power on now and a trickle of water coming out of the faucets....should be better by Saturday they say. The only little highway to town has been closed all week, so everyone trapped here.....all we need is some zombies or White-walkers and we could make a movie, lol. Ended up burning the kids tree house to stay warm! Hope everyone is safe & warm:)

1-Tree.jpg

• Upvote 1

Admin
2 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Ended up burning the kids tree house to stay warm!

The end of civilization as we know it....  

Seriously, hope you get your power back soon! And hope you can get out to your area as well to look around before the snow melts.

• 1 month later...

Great Spring weather out there......I've been working on my trails the last month, lots of tree/limb falls all over the place from the snow & ice storm last month, finally able to do some normal hiking:) Here's a nice print from yesterday. Maybe some of you can help identify this dead critter, I'm thinking a Badger, but they're rare in these parts? And lastly, some one or thing has been using a game trail into a restricted area......the wolf & dogs were realty sniffing the area, trail through the fence pretty well used, and the one strand of barbed wire just didn't look cut, more like it was twisted, please take a look at the cut an tell me what you think.  

1A-print.jpg

1B-1.jpg

1B-2.jpg

1B-3.jpg

1D-1.jpg

1D-2.jpg

1D-3.jpg

1D-4.jpg

• Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic