Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Always bringing the interesting stuff with canine help. The track is small but deep and the fence looks suspicious to me. I'd be more inclined to coyotes for the badger if you have large packs around.

Yeah, it really does look like a Badger, just wasn't sure since I'd never seen one around here.....as far as the video, haven't been to my buddies Ranch yet, was supposed to go a few weeks back but we had all the snow & ice and need to reschedule.

With regard to the depth of a footprint, and try this yourself....you will always make a deeper footprint in your bare feet, better aerodynamics with smoother and rounded edges, as opposed the rougher shoe texture and 90 degree edges:) 

• Upvote 1

I have some very sad news to share......truly one of the great loves of my life, my sweet wolf Lulu, passed away suddenly yesterday, she was 10 years old, and a tremendous lose for the whole family. It's always sad when a dog passes, but a wolf is something entirely different, it's spiritual. We had a great hike last Sunday, the pic a few posts back was the last I took of her, hiking will never be the same.....RIP my dear Lulu! 

Lulu Snow 4.jpg

• Sad 8

So sorry to hear, BigTex, they are so special in our lives, and I know having lost my own of 13 years just a few months back.

It's always heart wrenching to loose a pet, I've been there a few times in my long life. One of the first was a 1/4 wolf/shepherd, named Lobo, of course. Definitely the best trail companion I ever had. I feel your pain.

I’m sad for you, Bigtex. Like you say, a wolf is special, and spiritual. That an animal who usually runs free of human interaction to have bonded with a you, a human, is something you can cherish always. Peace to you, peace to Lulu.

Thank you guys so very much for the kind words....you are my hairyman family! One thing I will miss for sure is Lulu tracking the big guys, helping me find interesting things and prints, she was good at that, and my other dogs want no part of that:)

Edited by Bigtex

Admin

Sorry Bigtex.

So sorry to hear it, but she had a great life with a loving pack. My condolences to you all. We will miss hearing about her.

Edited by JKH

OOhh, I'm SO sorry bigtex!!  I know Lulu was very special to you and you'll miss her many times in the years to come when you're out there.  She sure had a personality!  We could tell in your pictures of her adventures in the great outdoors with you.  She was certainly a worthy companion and I hope you find comfort in retelling the stories of her life with you.

I'm sorry to hear about your stormy weather and power outage! Glad you made it okay.

Great pix and exploring. I enjoy your adventures! 

Hey Tex really sorry to hear this.  When I was a teenager I knew a 3/4 wolf 1/4  shepherd.   I used to climb into his pen late night when I came home.  I know what you mean when you say spiritual.  RIP Lulu. 

@Bigtex I am so sorry to hear about Lulu. I really enjoyed reading about your adventures together. She will be missed on this end of the 'net, too. 

BFF Patron

Bigtex.      So sorry to hear about Lulu.     If she was hiking last Sunday that was really quick.    Aren't you glad you took her then for somethings she enjoyed so much?       Quick is better than a long decline for both of you.      They leave such a big hole in our heart when we loose them.   

Thank you guys so very much....it's been a rough week, it really affected our family, we were her Pack, but will remember the good times, and I will cherish my last hike with her:)

• Upvote 3

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic