Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

So sorry to hear you lost your beautiful girl. What a wonderful life she had with you and your pack. Sending you hugs and peace.

Sorry for your loss of a great companion Bigtex. I fondly remember all the stories you shared with us after she first came to you. 

On 3/25/2021 at 9:26 AM, Bigtex said:

I have some very sad news to share......truly one of the great loves of my life, my sweet wolf Lulu, passed away suddenly yesterday, she was 10 years old, and a tremendous lose for the whole family. It's always sad when a dog passes, but a wolf is something entirely different, it's spiritual. We had a great hike last Sunday, the pic a few posts back was the last I took of her, hiking will never be the same.....RIP my dear Lulu! 

I am so sorry to hear about your best friend Lulu. I know how it feels about loosing a team mate like her.  She will always be with you in spirit when you are out in the field. May you find another companion well fitting as her.  May you have fair winds and following seas ,Lulu .

Doing well, really appreciate you guys! Went hiking a few times alone this last week, guess that's the new plan, my other 'dogs' are just getting a bit too old and not looking to get any more....getting too old myself, lol. Found a nice fresh print & trackway, a Collared lizard catching the spring rays. and had to laugh at this one.......one of the peanut butter containers from a few years ago, ha.

A2P.jpg

A3T.jpg

A1.jpg

A4P.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

Godspeed Lulu....your Papa blessed you with a wonderful life, you guys will meet again! 

You guys are amazing about the lose of dear Lulu, yes we will meet again....my daughter says we have a new guardian angel with big huge teeth, lol, I like that one:)

• Upvote 1

Ah, Bigtex, just seeing this now. I'm so sorry for your loss. She was beautiful and i will miss seeing your pix. Many hugs to you!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm finally getting back to some hiking, but doing by myself now, miss my Lulu:) Had some good rain Friday & Saturday, and found these great prints....rare to find double prints, senior & junior,  so close together, very cool, plus I found this weird skull nearby in a tree that wasn't there on Thursday. Guess that's a goat, never seen any of those running around out here.

1A-1.jpg

1A-2.jpg

1A-3.jpg

1A-5goat.jpg

1A-6goat.jpg

• Upvote 3

Sorry for your loss, brother.  You're doing great work with footprints and she's there with you in spirit.

Keep the faith.

Did you look for any hairs on the tree or goat skull, by chance? You may find some, since it was such a fresh placement.

BTW, that goat skull creeps me the heck out. Looks at least 6 feet off the ground. Is that about right, @Bigtex?

Also I read something last night that was interesting, and I want to give it a try. Some folks say that BF likes Vitamin C. Apples have a bit, and many have had success leaving apples. But I wonder if oranges or even lemons would be appreciated as a gift. Anyway, another thing to try out one of these days.

Keep on rockin'!

24 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

and many have had success leaving apples

Braeburn apples for horses and other large apple eating animals. In the field, you can eat your 'gifting item' (quality control). 

• 3 weeks later...

It's Spring and the Sotol snacks are ready to chow down on....they seem to really love scrapping the tender white meat off with their teeth, it is tasty and bit sweet tasting. 

1-sotol.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting lots of spring rain this year, which is good, but hard to find time to hike.....makes Bigtex a dull boy, lol. A few pics from recent hikes - very old stone wall that goes for miles through the woods, a cave pictured a few times before but this time something has been digging it out, some interesting marks showing what appears to be toe slides, and in one pic coming & going, a Deer skull put into branches on one of my trails, made friends with a toad, and a cool fossilized piece of bone:)

1A.jpg

1B.jpg

1C.jpg

1D.jpg

1E.jpg

1K.jpg

1L.jpg

1F.jpg

1G.jpg

1J.jpg

• Upvote 4

• gigantor unfeatured this topic