Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

9 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I'd suggest checking over those trees well, and look for hairs!

Pet hair removal gloves are available to 'pat down' an area in search of mystery hairs.  I have 2 inch wide hook and loop tape that I have wrapped around  my hand to sweep the inside of a stump that was a gifting location. I was stumped, no luck in the stump.  If hairs are found then the hair identification conundrum scenario starts.

Side note: 'hook & loop' material evolved from a European hiker who was frustrated by his socks picking up cockleburs.  'Velcro' = velvet--crochet. An industry for temporary attachment was born and evolved into a skit on David Letterman's 'human tricks' segment. 

• Thanks 1

I started taking pics of the live limbs broken over the trails a few months back, so some are older. I didn't think much about it as there were only a few at first and not worthy of posting. But more and more kept appearing along this one main trail, and IMO too many to just be chance, so decided to post pics of a few, there are more too, very weird. 

What kind of detail can you fill in about the area? You said it's being developed...how much land and what is important about it to the hairy guys? Access to water comes to mind, for example, or it's an important travel route? In any case, what a shame.

Hey JKH, hope you are doing well:) The particular trial in question is a high ridge trail above a major creek from the hills feeding into the Colorado River. No telling how old this trail is, and wouldn't be surprised to know Native Americans have used it for 1,000's of years, Spanish & early settlers , always a game trail, now the developers and surveyors of late. What I need to do is go along this one section they are using, take pics of each trail block as they come up, and get a rough distance between them, as it appears to be very consistent between each one, and is what really got my attention......give me a day or 3 to get it done, and I'll give them a closer visual for hair or anything else.

• Upvote 1

LMAO....OK this was a top 3 'weird experiences while hiking' today during my lunch break. I decided to head over to that area for the tree-break pics, and walked up on about 30 zombies!! Yep, hiked up the backside of a movie set and filming, the zombie dudes were either being cool or they thought I was cast and were coming at me all gimpy & creepy. The film guys were not at all happy! They are filming 'Fear the Walking Dead', search it, they are in Lago Vista, ha. I'll go back later in the week, wonder what the hairyman thinks of these guys?

• Haha 3

OMG, that's crazy, bet that was confusing for you and likely the hairy folks too.

I'm sorry to hear that humans are destroying more habitat in your area, especially an important trail like that. Sad :(

I would wager that at least one of those actors were pretty glad, too. Not unreasonable to think such a thing may have crossed their minds afterwards, and maybe some of the crew as well. Of course, REAL zombies don't go running around saying, "DON'T SHOOT" either, right? ;)

The actors in costume acted like real hungry TV zombies', they didn't say anything, even after the plain clothes dude ran up to me asking wtf I came from. My daughter and I hiked back over there yesterday afternoon to spy on them, now that I knew where the location was.....they were finishing up, no filming, and only saw 1 zombie relieving himself in the woods, lol, what a weird day. 

• Haha 1

Having a 10 mil on your hip might have resulted in a completely different dialogue. Having a zombie say "DON'T SHOOT" would have been a first. It's all good. And nice to know that even a zombie takes a whiz on occasion. It could be just the kind of pause that would allow the good guys to escape ;)

On 11/8/2021 at 6:54 AM, Bigtex said:

I started taking pics of the live limbs broken over the trails a few months back, so some are older. I didn't think much about it as there were only a few at first and not worthy of posting. But more and more kept appearing along this one main trail, and IMO too many to just be chance, so decided to post pics of a few, there are more too, very weird. 

Is it possible that the now-broken branches, etc were previously supported by "forest clutter" which was removed?   Is it possible that removal of that support for the weight has over-burdened the branches / trunks leading to breakage?   ... just wondering.

MIB

Hey MIB, no clutter was removed. I don't pay too much attention to breaks, but was the number of similar breaks plus the distance between them that finally got my attention. I'll get back out to that area soon and take more pics after the zombies have gone.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:16 AM, Bigtex said:

I'll get back out to that area soon and take more pics after the zombies have gone.

LOL 

Things you never thought you'd say.

There might still be danger from zombies.....tree-break pics coming:) Here's a few from the other day, what looks like a 2fer print pic from 2 individuals, and a single from the same trackway....it's going up an incline so they were on their toes. Also, some Sotol discards fresh & old, and nice Cattails coming up in one of the creeks, they love to eat the roots.

1P-1.jpg

1P-1_LI.jpg

1P-2.jpg

1S1.jpg

1S2.jpg

1S3.jpg

1-cattails.jpg

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic