Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

No pun intended, but that was my impression.  @Madison5716and I have found finger swipes before. Your print made me think of those. I hope your zombies have cleared out. Keep on rockin, my brother, you have some very interesting stuff. I love to see boots on the ground. 

• 3 weeks later...

Zombie's are gone:) Found a few nice juvie prints in a trackway, one was really good, two pics of the better prints. The 3rd pic was in a different location near a creek, and a weird 3-toed print. I find a couple of these a year, always near water, what the heck is it?

1P-A.jpg

1P-B.jpg

1P-C.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Zombie's are gone:) Found a few nice juvie prints in a trackway, one was really good, two pics of the better prints. The 3rd pic was in a different location near a creek, and a weird 3-toed print. I find a couple of these a year, always near water, what the heck is it?

1P-A.jpg

1P-B.jpg

1P-C.jpg

Weird!  The only three toed tracks I have ever seen are from "dinosaur birds" aka great blue herons.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Holidays everyone! Haven't been out much, busy with work and family, but will back on my hiking schedule this week......here's a baby Rat snake from the last week, these buggers are mean, even this small. Here is a small herd of Dall Sheep, definitely wasn't expecting to see them, but way cool.

A-Rat Snake.jpg

A-Sheep.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year out there in footer land:) Been cold & busy, finally getting out there some.....found a trackway, always better 'live', this was the best one, you can barely see toes.

1A-2.jpg

!A-1.jpg

• Like 1

• gigantor featured this topic
On 12/7/2021 at 2:00 PM, Bigtex said:

The 3rd pic was in a different location near a creek, and a weird 3-toed print. I find a couple of these a year, always near water, what the heck is it?

1P-C.jpg

Happy new year, Tex! I just went back in the thread a little about that track. Whatever it is, it looks big. Listened to a podcast and three-toed tracks came up with warnings. The comments I recall were, usually found in swampy areas, don't track, dangerous, and you don't want to find what made them. Yikes!

Hey JKH.....good to hear from you:) Yeah, I find 1 or 2 of these a year, always near swampy creek areas, it is big and really don't want to see it's owner, lol.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic