Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Yeah I heard about that Tiger in California, and as I recall it had been loose for a while......there was an African Serval that was captured on a few game cams around my area about 10 years ago, it was never caught.

I think there was a chimp seized by authorities in Los Angeles (after it mauled a person) that was un-permitted and they didn't know existed.

The tiger thing really puzzles me, though. There were a pair of African lions in captivity in Anchorage for many years. In winter the poor things would roar in misery during sub-zero cold, and you could hear them (literally) miles away. So how could that tiger escape notice when it roared?

I did some volunteer work several years ago for a big cat recue sanctuary, they had over 70 big of every type, and some were fairly tame. One of my favs was Sasha, a black leopard, she could get squirrely, and jumped me one time....the moment she charged me and jumped from about 15' away towards my head tapped a primal fear I have never experienced before or since.....here she is.

Sasha.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Yep....laaaaazy with a capital 'L'! It's 2011 all over again, stacking up consecutive 100+ days, no rain, make Bigtex a dull boy, lol. I've hiked a few times, but hard to find anything meaningful with this drought, everything is so dry, I'm scared to pass gas out there for fear of starting a fire:).

Back to this cloaking question, here's an article I read today....very similar description to what I saw, however I wasn't lost, dizzy, or weirded out.

A group of hikers in San Bernardino National Forest went off trail during a hike when the leader of their group thought she heard a woman calling out in distress (though none of the other hikers did). They quickly became disoriented, losing track of where they were, as well as experiencing dizziness and other strange sensations. Hopelessly lost as night set in, one hiker was shocked to discover something climbing in the tree above her head. It was human-shaped, but oddly transparent, like “heat waves on a pavement” and they watched it for several minutes before noticing that all other sounds in the forest had stopped. When it began climbing again, they decided to get out of there, and were shocked to discover they were right back on the trail within minutes! You can read all the gory details below. 

Was it aliens? Bigfoot? Some kind of weird forest spirit? Or is it possible that what we think of as these disparate sorts of experiences are, in fact, the same thing after all? Maybe UFOs aren’t from outer space, but are from some sort advanced or supernatural terrestrial group. Perhaps the reason that both UFOs and Bigfoot-like creatures are so difficult to both spot and photograph is because they, too, have these invisibility or cloaking capabilities. And maybe these strange things that folks find in the woods, the creatures no one has seen and the voices that no one should respond to, are all part of this same, massive unknown.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bigtex said:

but oddly transparent, like “heat waves on a pavement”

This is what I saw in our camp site as this thing was walking around in our camp site back in 2001-2002 I believe. (as far dates go)

On 7/8/2022 at 9:22 AM, ShadowBorn said:
On 7/7/2022 at 10:12 AM, Bigtex said:

but oddly transparent, like “heat waves on a pavement”

This is what I saw in our camp site as this thing was walking around in our camp site back in 2001-2002 I believe. (as far dates go)

You know, I'd really like this to be figments of your imaginations. But, I respect you both too much to allow that option. Guess I'll file it under "wait and see". 

10 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

You know, I'd really like this to be figments of your imaginations. But, I respect you both too much to allow that option. Guess I'll file it under "wait and see". 

The more we learn about our surrounding, the stranger it becomes, I think the less I want to know.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

The more we learn about our surrounding, the stranger it becomes, I think the less I want to know

Right? I want nothing - zip, zero, zilch - to do with UFO's or aliens. Nor shapeshifters, MIB's, invisibility cloaks or any other cryptids etc.  I'm just interested in this relic hominid! I DO, very much, find it fascinating that we may live on a dual-sentient  species (or more, if you count ocean dwellers) planet. 

If aliens do exist, I wonder if that's why they are interested in us?

Ok, that's enough woo for the day 😀

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lotta heat & draught down here in Texas, but that's nothing compared to anyone connected to Kentucky, my thoughts & prayers are with you :)

There are a few places still holding water, and are spring fed as it looks clear, with a nice stand on Cattails in one of them. You can see in the pics where a few have been pulled up from the front row, looks like 3 or 4 plants. Whatever pulled them up took them someplace else and no sign of them. Why not pull them all up.....food is very scarce out there, is this practice possible conservation for a future snack?  

A-R1.jpg

A-R2.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hiking in the morning early these days, so dang hot by noon, and going from spring to spring, they are well hidden, and signs of life there:) Here's one lil spring, and there appears to be an older L & R print impression, they might have been underwater when originally made, so they are a bit distorted....you viewers be the judge.

AP-3A.jpg

AP-1.jpg

AP-2.jpg

AP-3.jpg

Sad news....even though my Rhodesian Ridgeback hasn't been able to hike for several years, he passed at 17 the other day. He was truly the enforcer out with me in the woods and taught Lulu how to watch my back from the critters I don't want to run in to. I need to get a pistol or another dog, cause now I am running across those animals I would rarely see before, manly coyotes, pigs & cougars.....more worried about the cats for sure.

A-Duncan.jpg

• Sad 1

Thanks JKH! I would absolutely get another Ridgeback, amazing breed for taking in the woods......but I'm at an age where I don't want another 'child', so probably not. Never say never though, if an opportunity presented itself to get another wolf, I'd do that:)

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic