Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Here are some pics from the other day, 2 sizes that were heading to a water source......a couple of them appear to overlap with other prints, the 3rd & 4th pics are nice juviefoot prints IMO.

AP-1.jpg

AP-2.jpg

AP-3.jpg

AP-4.jpg

AP-5.jpg

• Upvote 2

Thanks Doug:)

I looked at some pistols, and I might still get one, but some habits are hard to break......had a chance to get a high-content wolf-hybrid and was all on-board! This one's a male, about 6 months old named Kodiak.....may he track & befriend the local hairymen like Lulu did!

AW1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks DrPSH! He is really taking to his new surroundings quickly, the folks that had him treated him well, just couldn't handle his semi-wild nature, but I'm used to it with Lulu. First night went great! Yeah the purple lighting in the pic is the glow from my black-light posters on the ceiling, yeah child of the 70's, LOL.

AW2.jpg

5 hours ago, Bigtex said:

Yeah the purple lighting in the pic is the glow from my black-light posters on the ceiling, yeah child of the 70's, LOL.

The black light effect on your sock indicates your laundry detergent has UV brighteners. Deer and other animals could see you from a long ways off, especially if you move. I hope that you check your field apparel for UV reflectance. You would not blend in well with the normal foliage. Need help with UV?.  ASAT and Atsko are possibilities.

Black light posters on the ceiling?  Jimi Hendrix? Bruce Lee? 1 Million Years BC?  I won't ask about mirrors.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

LOL Cat....good to hear from you! Always black & camo in the field, and never in those purple socks......the grandkids love the posters and they think I'm cool, but my girly friend thinks I'm nuts, all the better there, and I should add some mirrors just to aggravate her:) 

1B2.jpg

1B1.jpg

Black fabrics can reflect a lot of UV and appear white. Fabric manufacturers use UV reflectance methods to try to protect fabrics against the harmful effects of sunlight. The colors that humans see don't carry over to the animal world like we guess.

Yes. Years ago, William Dranginis  (RIP) posted comments and images of UV reflectance. I searched and I can't find the posting. The daylight examples were a 'black colored' motorcycle seat and 'black' jacket that looked very white in his images.

With your poster black light, you can put items on the bed to check them. Sometimes the fabric is OK but the thread on the seams glows.  Good news, Kodiak passes the no UV test.

Atsko has good info about dealing with clothing. They want you to buy their products and have special laundry detergents and many other items that we are not supposed to be able to live without. Good info for hunters.

A Grateful Dead poster?

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

Yeah a good buddy is a total dead-head, he made me add that one.....and I had the Rachael Welch One Million Year BC poster hanging proudly in my room in the 60's.

Nice hybrid! My German Shepherd has the same-colored eyes as yours. He freaks me out when he looks at me. He is still a pup and will be a year in November. Have not taken him out in the field yet. Still needs training before he is even ready to go after the big guy. Love the posters, since i am also from the 70's as well. I really do miss those days.

Glad that you were able to get a new friend and recover from a loss. Sometimes it is not easy. But sometimes you have to just go for it and move on.

Thanks SB...a new chapter begins indeed! I have to do the same thing as you, train these pups for the woods.....you should post a pic of your German Shepherd:)

Yeah, since I found myself single a few years back, I can man-cave the whole house now, hence the black light posters, lol.

Congrats on the new pooch! 

Catmandoo knows his stuff and I keep forgetting to look into detergents to avoid issues related to ingredients therein. A good reminder.

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic