Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Greetings all, been taking some biz trips then a lil vacation......and am back to some hiking! Here's an interesting pic at night, don't think it was a Coyote, sounded bigger as it followed me even though I didn't see it. I had my camera on zoom and was taking pics from behind me as I was leaving the area and got this weird pic, maybe it was a Mexican Wolf, I've seen those before.

AA-Creepy.PNG

• Upvote 1

I didn't see anything....just noticed in the pic above when I reviewed them later, with eyes that looked like a large canine. 

What big ears you have......what big eyes you have.......what a big snout you have.  Stop wearing that red poncho.

Edge detection reveals a few details. Did you use a cell phone camera with flash?

Humans wandering at night look like meatsacks / soft tacos to predators.  Did the target follow you back to camp / vehicle?

Thanks to G for keeping 'edge detection' accessible for those who would like to try it.

Snapshot 1 (5-25-2023 2-50 PM).png

Edited by Catmandoo
text
  • Upvote 1

Hey Cat, I stayed at one of my locations where I often leave treats to late, clouds were rolling in and started getting dark earlier because of the storm blowing in.....was heading back to my car and could hear something following me, so was taking some pics over my shoulder pointing behind me as I was walking with a bit of zoom, and caught the image shown in one of the pics.......I never saw it, but sounded big as it was creeping around, was using my iPhone 13 without flash.

Yeah, I felt like a soft Taco LOL!

An interesting print along the trail, and a Sotol discard about 30 yards further down.....you can see a smaller impression to the upper right of main print, and has some toe definition. 

AAP1a.jpg

AAP1b.jpg

AAS-1.jpg

AAS1a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lotta rain this year, which is great, and always seemed to be raining when I wanted to hike......here are some interesting pics from yesterday, a trackway from a big fellow, and he must have stopped for a Sotol snack, pulling 3 of the tender inner shoots and discarding right near the plant....I moved the 3 chewed leaves to make a better 2nd photo, first pic 'as found'. Plus a bone in the creek, it was kinda weird. You guys have a great weekend!

AAP-1.jpg

AAP-2.jpg

AAP-3.jpg

AAP-4.jpg

AAS-1.jpg

AAS-2.jpg

A-bonecreek.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hope everyone is having a great summer! Was having some pic issues transferring from my iPhone 13 to my computer after the phone update several weeks back.....Apple and my internet provider pointing fingers at each other, so fingered it out myself lol.

Here are some pics from the last few weeks, the usual impressions and Sotol discards, good to be back with working technology!

AP-1.jpg

AP-2.jpg

AP-3.jpg

AP-4.jpg

AP-5.jpg

AP-6.jpg

AS-1.jpg

AS-2.jpg

AS-3.jpg

AS-4.jpg

AS-5.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy....it's been over 105 degrees up to 108 since early June and no rain....yep been layin' low until it cools off, worry about the hairy folk trying to survive out there.

As always, your pix are awesome! I"m out of "likes" for the day, but I LIKE them! 

It's been a nice summer so far, here in Oregon, but this coming week, starting tomorrow, is supposed to be HOT. Monday is estimated to be 110 degrees! IN OREGON, on the wet side! We have fires everywhere again. Yep, hope the sasquatch know where to go to be safe and cool. 

Be safe out there, Tex.

Nice footprint finds Big Tex. Have you tried to cast any of them? I know that it can be difficult with debris-laden prints. 

Hey wiiawiwb.......hope you are having a great summer:) Yeah I never do the print-cast deal, too much time & don't want to carry the supplies, plus my hairy friends are probably watching and might not like me anymore, lol. Cheers!

• Upvote 3

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic

Alive, well, and hiking a bunch down here, but still having issues with my camera......once I get this figured out I'll be posting several pics from the last few months, here's a nice juvie print.

AAJuvieP.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting my camera situation figured out, so will be posting older pics, some going back to July in the middle of our heat wave. One spring fed pool kept water during the draught, and the Cattails went nuts. Here are several pics over several weeks, showing increased activity as they are being harvested in small doses.....the last CT pic shows a discard I found about a half mile from the pool. The 'King of the Cattail' pool is this huge Alligator Snapping turtle shown. Also near by was a peanut butter jar I left miles away and over 10 years ago when I was still using glass jars. 

AA-Cat1.jpg

AA-Cat2.jpg

AA-Cat3.jpg

AA-Cat4.jpg

AA-Cat5.jpg

AA-Cat6.jpg

AA-Catroot.jpg

AA-GlassP-Jar.jpg

AA-CatTurtle.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hey Tex :bye:

Maybe you don't log such things with photos, but wondering if you still see signs of hairy ninjas in your suburban areas? Just curious.