Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Guest vilnoori

That looks like a wonderful area. What an amazing experience. I don't think many people have experienced that! You are very lucky! I feel very lucky to also have an area like that to research, where there are ancient people's artifacts if you look closely, and yet where a very wide range of wild animals roam, including cougar. I found out that grizzlies have been introduced not far from there as well, so I expect its just a matter of time now. I see bald eagles, cougar tracks, deer, coyotes and bear on a regular basis. I have even seen a wolf in the distance. I just wish I could get out there more often.

Hey Shado & Mulder.....good idea, just to get caught up from the old posts.........OK, the proverbial 25 words or less; I saw a Bigfoot in July 1969 @ age 14, terrifying in a word, then ridicule from everybody (no one believed), suppressed experience for many years, renewed interest in the late 80's, and here I am......still chasing the fear high. I have 3 main study areas; the area of my original sighting near Mineral Wells Texas, a small cabin in the Cascade Mountains in Washington near Granite Falls, and my home town of Lago Vista and surrounding hills.

In addition, I have a keen interest in everything animal, insect, reptile, all plants & tress, Geology, and Archeology. I believe attention to all most be considered for an overall picture of how it all works together. I don't discuss the Geology & Archeology aspects in this forum much, but they are quite interesting, and a story within itself. Don't make casts or collect samples, as this takes time, prefer to stay on the move, and take pictures. However, I would certainly do both if it was something amazing. Remember, I've seen one of these creatures up close & personal, so not trying to convince myself, or anybody else for that matter.......just the joy of being in nature, exercise, and be lucky enough to see one of these magnificent creatures again!

As far as Lago Vista, I believe it's on a migratory pattern for the big guy, as I firmly believe they use the Power Line infrastructures to travel whenever possible, and one runs right through Lago Vista. I have found several 'Quick Shacks', as I call them, and are basically live trees bent, broken, and twisted in such a way to create a temporary shelter. Pictures are of the Power Lines North & South, and one of the better Quick-Shacks that I have found, showing two entrances, both entrances, inside, and the upper branches that have been manipulated to form a roof. This was a big tree, big limbs, and the construction impressive, Shado please elaborate. Imagine this Ouick Shack when it was fresh, with the green still on the tree, and the cover it would have offered.......this is the one I showed Shadoangel. The locations I find these are within close proximity to the Power Lines, and are well chosen sights, offering water & concealment.

post-193-078582500 1294609181_thumb.jpg

post-193-006171800 1294609198_thumb.jpg

post-193-000027100 1294610601_thumb.jpg

post-193-075858500 1294610616_thumb.jpg

post-193-023626600 1294610636_thumb.jpg

post-193-048026600 1294610653_thumb.jpg

post-193-092735500 1294610678_thumb.jpg

post-193-085240900 1294610691_thumb.jpg

I've never seen anything like the tree in the photos above. You almost have to see it to believe it. The tree is also one of the larger cedar trees I've seen. Those lower limbs are fairly massive as well. There are two very large branches (as well as several smaller ones) which are obviously twisted and then tucked under other branches or nearby trees. I also never say that. I pay little attention to these formations that people find in the woods of sticks and deadfall that are arranged into tepees or X's. I'm likewise unimpressed by 99.99% of stick breaks or branches. There's simply too many of them for them to be done by a sasquatch, and the ones supposedly manipulated by a squatch look just like the ones knocked over by wind, so I don't put any stock into that stuff.

But this tree - definitely something manipulated it. There's no natural way I can think of where a branch bigger around than I am could twist itself up and then be forced underneath nearby branches - sometimes at extreme angles from it's original growth. The pictures are an extreme injustice to the structure. I'm not going to proclaim myself some kind of woods expert. I've been out many times in the past few years, since becoming interested in this sasquatch mystery. Seen some animal dens, badger holes, birds nests, all that kind of stuff. Seen hundreds of sticks leaning on other sticks or branches that one could paint as suspicious. But this tree is beyond doubt in my own mind. It was very clearly a nest or den or some kind of shelter. Any sort of wind, or lightning, or water - natural phenomenon - would have also injured or affected the nearby landscape. It's only this one tree, and some of the twists, breaks, and "stuffs", are (working off of memory here) 18-24 inches in diameter. Some could be bigger.

What I should do is go back up there and video the tree. Video is far more impressive than photos are...

Man.....it's cold out there today! But will hike over to the Quick-Shack pictured a few posts back, and make a little video.

Below are a few photos.......First pic is for Norseman, and is one of the Coyote Dens.

The rest are non BF related, but interesting nevertheless. I love old planes, and do volunteer work for the San Marcos Wing of the CAF, and the B-25 'Yellow Rose' is the star. A few in flight photos, and the last a bit of history. For those who remember the famous Doolittle Raid during the early months of WWII, with B-25's taking off from a Carrier to bomb mainland Japan, the old guy in the photo is Ed Cole, who lives in Texas, and was Jimmy Doolittle's co-pilot on the raid. Amazing guy, friend, and sharp as a tack at age 90 something. With all the books & movies about the Raid, he told me something I had never heard. When I asked him his immediate thoughts after they announced on the Carrier loud speaker, "Pilots, man your planes"......what was your first thought? He smiled at me and said......."big trouble if my ass wasn't in the seat before the old man".

post-193-098285700 1294765974_thumb.jpg

post-193-013350800 1294766390_thumb.jpg

post-193-071520100 1294766406_thumb.jpg

post-193-070798900 1294766421_thumb.jpg

post-193-048333100 1294766444_thumb.jpg

post-193-047756700 1294766474_thumb.jpg

BFF Patron

Nice coyote den, also great vintage bomber pics. Spritely 90 plus year old co-pilot still flying is pretty impressive. I saw one of those B-24 B-25's flying over my local area one day, the only thing that ever topped it was a low speed Concorde run over the same area. Looking forward to the video. B)

Guest vilnoori

Wow, lucky you! It has been a real eye opener looking at your pics, Bigtex. Somehow this Canadian had an image of Texas as all desert country, but I realize now that there is plenty of forest and great habitat for BF. TX sounds so far away to me, but there is a chance that my folks will be settling in the US South for their winter home and Brownsville is one of their possible choices. If that is the case I might be driving down to TX on a regular basis with the fam for Christmas holidays in the next decade. If so it looks like it will be a very pleasurable drive!

Hey Vilnoori.....Texas has plenty of forest areas, of all different kinds, and anything in between. I'll tell you though, I graduated from High School in Harlingen (Marine Military Academy, yup, daddy thought I needed it), and is near Brownsville. That whole area is just bad juju, especially now. Have your folks check out Horseshoe Bend, near Marble Falls Texas, and Kerrville & Fredericksburg are nice as well.

OK....hope this works, this is a 3 Part series of the Quick-Shack, and here are the YouTube links;

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Guest vilnoori

Well, look at that. Thanks for the tips about good places in TX, my folks like to sail though, they are currently situated near Guam.

Hey Vil.....Harlingen is a better place in the Valley, and same distance to the water. I have many friends down there, and would be glad to help them find the right area.

Pleased to say I've made a new friend of BigTex. We share a love of WWII prop aircraft, WWII history, and that both our fathers flew during the conflict. Tex's dad in the Pacific, and my father aboard a B-17 flying from Italy.

It's good to make new friends!

Guest vilnoori

Well, I can suggest it. Dad's a retired doctor, pilot, sailor and missionary. Not much fazes him. He worked in West Africa for almost a decade, too. Mom was a crackerjack OR nurse who could do literally anything, she came from a big Northern Manitoba farming family of 15 (well 16, one brother died as an infant). She's one of the best shots I know, her brothers got her shooting coyotes as a girl. She literally built (designed and foreman/directed) the building of a hospital in Africa, and homeschooled us as well as sewing our clothes, managing a huge garden, making most of our food from scratch, etc. etc. and helping dad out in the hospital when he needed it. Also they know a couple that work out of Brownsville, going into Mexico and liasing with churches down there. In fact they were just there before Christmas with them and went into some tough areas and arrived back just fine. One of my projects is to write down their life story before it gets forgotten. :)

Hey if you're into WW2 stuff there's an interesting story or two from BC, which was on the flight path from the US to Asia and had a few interesting crashes:

http://en.wikipedia....mbia_B-36_crash

(from the article) The plane carried a Mark IV atomic bomb, containing a substantial quantity of natural uranium and 500 pounds of conventional explosives. According to the USAF, the bomb did not contain the plutonium core necessary for a nuclear detonation.

Then there is this one:

http://darkglobe.net/team/training/b25.html

In similar vein this book was written by a high school friend of mine and is very interesting:

http://www.user.dccn...clearwater.html

This guy was crazy smart. He was very tall and thin at the time and wore a WW2 flight helmet he got from somewhere all the time. Its no wonder this is what he ended up doing. LOL

Obviously, it's totally their choice. If they've done their research and know people in the area, great and good for them. I would never move there. Place is, as 'tex described it, "bad juju". But I'm not a fan of the valley in general. I could never live somewhere so hot and bleak. San Antonio is bad enough as it is...

Great videos, 'tex. It was crazy cold today...

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic