Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Very interesting Vilnoori, and thanks for posting those stories. Incorrigible1......great to have a new friend as well!

For Norseman & TKD.....good idea about the Camera Trap at the Jag Cave, just need to fire up one of the store bought ones that I have. As mentioned in the old Forum, I build my own Game Cameras, which fire two cameras (different angles to capture front & back), very stealthy, and use a unique firing mechanism which doesn't emit any electical impulses, info red, or heat sensors. Thought about putting one of these by there, but my batteries have to be changed out every day, and it would be difficult to hike in there daily to change them. Needing to do some additional R & D to get the batteries to last longer. Shado, any luck with helping me wire additional cameras?

Here are a few 'test shots' for my Game Camera, and the trigger device is buried in the soil along game trails. The rig fires faster than any store bought camera I've ever seen, and the depth of field is ALWAYS known, so perfect pictures will be taken.

post-193-083097400 1294844488_thumb.jpg

post-193-071252000 1294844522_thumb.jpg

post-193-084866100 1294844534_thumb.jpg

Guest vilnoori

Bigtex you should market those. Maybe set up a Facebook Marketplace site with contact info. Bet you'd make a few bucks to support your BFing habit there. LOL

'Tex - Dad said he had all the tools and could teach me how to do it properly. After that, I'm assuming I could do as many for you as I can find time for.

Guest vilnoori

Oh, also, I know that second crash location. ;)

Well wadda ya know. There is a sasquatch sighting not far away. That was no helicopter crash, he just thought so because of the propeller. I happen to know a B. Hay and wonder if this is the same B. Hay. I've sent off an email to find out. The B. Hay I know is a doctor and would be a very credible witness. He's from my folk's hometown and is a great hunter and outdoorsman as well. It could very well be. I'm checking!

----------------------------------

Sasquatch sighting report, August 14, 2003: A buddy and me 3 weeks ago were hiking up into Spindle Canyon (located above Becker Creek at the northerly end of the Pitt Lake), looking for Slumach’s lost gold mine. It was starting to get dark so we decided to make camp for the night … just as we were both starting to fall asleep we heard the most blood curdling scream then a bunch of low garbled noises. We ****, turned on every light we had with us and scoured the bush around us. We could smell this very rotten odor (rotten eggs & excrement?). Anyway, we never went back to sleep that night, and at daybreak we proceeded to hike further up in to the canyon. We couldn’t believe our eyes, there it was crouched over a pond in the creek catching minnows. It never saw us. Suddenly it turned around and looked at us, stood up and bolted into the bush. I must say we went back down the way we came up … I’ll never go back into that area again. This is a true story and if you wish you can contact me by cell phone at xxx-xxxx .

B. Hay

Note: In a follow-up phone conversation, B. Hay went on to explain that he has been into this area in the past searching for gold and has found 16-17 inch Sasquatch tracks himself, and on one other occasion had reports from a friend that had been in the same area prospecting and had seen large barefoot man-like tracks in the snow leading away from the wreckage of a helicopter high in Spindle Canyon.

B. Hay estimated the height of the Sasquatch he encountered at somewhere between 7 and 8 feet.

© Ken Kristian

West Coast Sasquatch Research

--------------------------------------------------

Hey Vil......my Game Cameras need a bit of work, and anyone electronically gifted is welcome to offer any advice; mainly, extend the battery life in the field. I use 35mm cameras because of the speed in which they fire, and leave the cameras 'ON' when setup. Considerable time is taken to conceal the two cameras - subsequently, a simple battery change becomes time consuming, and they are dead within 24 hours. Wondering about wiring in some kind of battery pack using the 9 volt batteries as many of the store bought ones do. I've taken apart several of those looking for parts to use in my little frankenstein rig, but to no avail......and yup, a total loss beccause I couldn't put the dang things back together. Smashing the remains up a bit brought the only satisfaction:)

Other than that, they work great......if the design was more streamlined, with extended battery life, it should be highly marketable. I experimented for many years with store bought Game Cameras of all kinds, and they are just limited, especially for our line of work.....we all need to invent 'Species Specific' gear. Here's my list of the problems with store-bought Game Cameras; not stealthy in appearence, fire too slow (especially digital), only one picture/angle, depth of field not known, triggering device emits 'something' that wildlife can detect. Mine pretty much eliminates all of these issues, plus I am working on a switch that will activate a recording device at the moment the cameras fire. Can you imagine, two good pictures, different angles, and the verbal aftermath?

Guest vilnoori

Maybe it could be if it was fairly high up in a tree and you had a fair amount of cord. You could get it against a trunk higher up, propped and strapped in place in a spot where there is lots of sunshine exposure. Or you could lay it on the ground in a flat area off to the side. I dunno...

I'm thinking battery pack myself, hate to climb trees, and concealment issues. Plus, if you are in BF territory, there's a very good chance you are being observed. Even the perfect technology is no good if you are being observed setting the rig up. Great care must be taken during the set up so you appear to be doing something else, not easy, but doable.

Guest Stonewall12

I'm thinking battery pack myself, hate to climb trees, and concealment issues. Plus, if you are in BF territory, there's a very good chance you are being observed. Even the perfect technology is no good if you are being observed setting the rig up. Great care must be taken during the set up so you appear to be doing something else, not easy, but doable.

Where is this located at Bigtex? Any sightings around Fort Hood?

Edited by Stonewall12

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic