Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

BFF Patron

Ohh OK that makes sense.   I wonder how many were camping, encountered a BF, and decided to head back to Mexico?  

What you have found is interesting. But I'm with SWWASAS, in our area there have also been many slash burns after logging as well as the fire he mentioned, there is charred wood everywhere in western WA. 

You have said you don't really want to prove bigfoot if I remember correctly, but that nest could be sampled just as the Olympic Project nests were sampled for DNA. But it is expensive. Dr Disotell is doing that testing. 

The DNA stuff is just too expensive......I had some good looking fresh slobber once, called & emailed Disotell several times, and he wouldn't give me the time of day.

Here’s a bit of history on my Bigfoot journey, I am a closet-footer for sure, rarely talk with family or friends about this, it is a very private hobby of mine, and a lifetime of ridicule has made it this way. My 1st sighting was in the Fall of 1959, just after dark at age 5, very disturbing & scary, another daytime sighting in July 1969 that included physical contact, and the last one during the day in December of 2015. I’ve had another half dozen more of what I call near-sightings, mostly sounds & shadows at night in close proximity.

No doubt they are out there, and that’s good enough for me. I’m not trying to convince non-believers, and even though I used to be obsessed with proving their existence, I’m not anymore. Just enjoy everything that being in the woods has to offer, and if some BF stuff happens……cool, and then I get to tell you guys about it:)

• Upvote 3

I kind of thought that was the case. Thanks for sharing that. And yes I know DNA testing is expensive. I've had some samples that could have been tested as well but the cost was prohibitive and I don't trust that they wouldn't come back as contaminated after that cost. 

Catmandoo, I know that Disotell is mostly a skeptic, so whatever he found on Matilda probably wasn't in favor of bigfoot. The OP nest testing is still in the process of being done. It's the new environmental DNA test. As far as I know no results have been obtained yet. 

BFF Patron

I agree that testing and acceptance by science is a big task for some individual without academic credentials.      Costly,  always questioned,  and more of a task that most of us want to tackle.      But that said, I think that some day there will be a breakthrough that leads to acceptance.     Will of course take a body,  or a skeleton, but it is just a matter of time.    With acceptance main stream science will be scrambling to find out about the creature,   how it lives,  habitat,   etc etc.       Much of that we can do as amateurs.      Dianne Fossey was not an educated scientist but with long term close contact became the expert on Mountain Gorillas.    Those who are lucky enough to establish a trusted relationship with BF can do the same thing and learn about them.     Perhaps that route is the way to go for many of us who live in the right place?  

IMO, I think big brother has always known about these creatures, and secretly manages them......if they are forced to acknowledge their existence officially, then the 'management' part that will come will surely be detrimental to their well being, my opinion of course. Plus, some dang liberal group will get legislation passed prohibiting guys like us from doing what we do. Nope, more fun for all as a Cryptid, and better for our hairy cousins:)

• Upvote 1

For the kind of test, interspecies, your looking at over $1000. That's on the low side. This isn't an ancestral DNA test. Most labs will ask you what species you are testing. Because they want to do a simple test, it's cheaper. The more markers they have to look for the more it costs. Since we don't have any verified DNA samples of bigfoot they have nothing to compare. It will probably come back as contaminated or some other known animal depending on how far the go with the testing. 

BFF Patron

BTW someone said that if you state that you are testing for BF most labs will refuse to do the test.    They do not want their reputation put in question should they find something that indicates a new species.    You heard something similar?     Of course if it is Sykes it will turn out to be bear no matter what you send in.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Well I do know you don't want to tell them it's bigfoot. You'd be dead in the water from the start. 

Dr Meldrum collected the OP nest samples for Dr Disotell to test. That route is probably the only viable way to go. Even he mentioned that it's a costly process. 

Closet-footer, lol, same. Charred wood, along with broken, twisted, and manipulated wood is everywhere. What's different is when you see and maybe hear it happening or repeated in a non-human fashion, over time spent in specific places, such as Tex has documented.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic