Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Very odd indeed. I can't think of why people would have gone through the trouble of doing that. Was the alter near the bra? No footprints or broken branches near them?

Hey Biggie.....they are not near each other, but are along the main game trail that I call the Corridor, which leads from the hills West of town, under the only bridge that provides cover, and down one of the main creeks/ravines that provides stealthy access to our town. The alter was on the other side of the bridge from town, up in the hills, and the bra on the town side of the bridge, about half way up one of the ravines......hope I didn't get you lost.

Along this same creek/ravine, on the wild side of the bridge, I have found several pathways where the limbs have been manipulated to clear a path. I'm not a tree-break guy for the most part, but these are the most impressive I have ever seen anywhere. Always the same; to high for human, and the area of limb damage is twice as wide as a large human hand. Plus, the limbs are not only broken, but are crushed & twisted - very distinct. Several of these 'broken trails', as I call them, are in this area, and was following one of them when I stumbled upon the alter.

I am NOT going to connect the dots just yet though, but can't deny the creepy feeling I had there.

BFF Patron

Wonder if you happened into some devil worshipers?

....human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together and all that :lol:

That did cross my mind, but that sort of thing usually involves animal sacrifice (or am I watching too many horror flicks?), and there is no evidence of that, or any ritual type signs or markings. Just the flint cutters that have been worked (napped), and arranged in an odd way. Nothing else in the clearing that looked unnatural.

BFF Patron

So how remote is the site that it could be archaeological in nature like NA or paleoindian?

Recent construction, layers of dust on the rock altar, evidence of cleaning or dusting around,

are the knapped flakes fresh?

I just saw a repeat of Man Woman And Wild where she hung her bra up high in the air for visibility to increase the odds of someone spotting them. He also fashioned a rock hammer on a bolder. From what you described no one would likely do neither in those locations since they were close to town.

The broken limbs do sound like bf activity though.

Here's a large man-made lake, very secluded now days in the woods on the edge of town, and dates back many years to one of the larger Ranch's that used to be in the area. There has always been year-round water in the Lake since I've been here over 10 years, but is nearly dry this year, due to the extreme draught conditions we are experiencing.

Hiked over there yesterday, and found some large foot prints down in the mud, and in what little water is left in the lake. Had some newer shoes on, and didn't want to get them muddy......sorry for no close-ups!

They appeared to be barefoot prints, and they were large too, but what was really odd is there was no apparent trackway in or out......I walked all around the dryer parts of the lake bottom, and couldn't find the entrance/exit of the trackway. It's almost like something dropped out of the sky, and then flew off.......but that didn't happen.

This is (was) a good fishing lake, but not even a single minnow is left in the small/shallow remaing lake.

Taking the rubber boots over there in a day or two, and have a closer look.

First picture is the Lake 2 years ago, and under normal conditions.

*Bonus* Picture......my little Rat Terrier killed a Rabbit yesterday, and brought it to me.....dang near as big as she is.

post-193-018565400 1320086667_thumb.jpg

post-193-067465100 1320086689_thumb.jpg

post-193-041733400 1320086704_thumb.jpg

post-193-047249700 1320086720_thumb.jpg

post-193-075058900 1320086737_thumb.jpg

post-193-019846000 1320086847_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little rain, and I stress the word little, just enough to make some good mud.......time to check the creek areas for prints.

Here's a recent print of a smaller biped I have been tracking for a few years, and call him Littlefoot.

post-193-090263000 1320876956_thumb.jpg

Littlefoot? You mean it's not a child bigfoot? No chance that's a stepped over deer track is it? If it isn't, that's incredibly creepy.

Hey Jodie, I have used the term 'Littlefoot' to describe the small barefoot tracks I have been finding for 3 yeaers now, and in a particular area......the foot is growing too. If it's a human child's foot, then he/she is in a lot of trouble for playing in such a remote area!

Edited by Bigtex

Great dog you have there. Not useless like so many dogs are.

Have you been measuring those prints where you know if the prints are the same size over the years or growing a little bit? If it was one juvy then I'd expect the print sizes to get larger over the years but if they're the same then you may have several juveniles there, or a hoaxer using the same fake foot.

Hey Biggie.....I have not measured the prints, but he/she is growing. I posted this picture before, but waaaaaay back, here is the first print that I found a few years back, and was quite small.

I have posted before about wearing minimalist footwear while hiking, which I have done for the most part for the last 12 years or so, but these new hikers that I got are totally amazing, and a unique experience to say the least. These are the Vibram TrekSports, with the heavy-duty sole. They are certainly pricey @ $99.00 most places, but look on Ebay, you can find a much better deal there.

The benefits are unbelievable extra 'feeling' in your foot. I also noticed that the extra feeling is recorded by your brain, and is instantly transfered to your next step. When you wear shoes/boots, much of the detailed information about the terrain is not felt, and therefore not recorded by your senses. With these, you sense the terrain, each step is more thoughtful, and deliberate.....plus they are very quiet.

Negatives would be cold weather (duh), and increased risk of a foot/leg injury. I would suggest never wearing these in a situation where rescue would be difficult, used as a day-hiker is best, and 3 hours of hiking or less. The other issue will be cost vs. durability, and will let you guys know how they hold up.

post-193-012835500 1321289812_thumb.jpg

post-193-084607400 1321291402_thumb.jpg

post-193-013842300 1321291415_thumb.jpg

Those look neat. I have flat feet so I could never wear something without a lot of padding or else I'd have bruises on them. Looks like it would be easy for a snake to bite you with those on too which would be my concern in that area.

Interesting old key you have there. What does it open?

Snakes are definitely on my mind when wearing these, but my snake radar is always on high-gain anyway.......and stay away from the tall grass:)

Key doesn't go to anything now......just a cool old key, and a quick measurable item that is 3.5" long to place in photos.

Several posts ago, about 2 weeks, I took some pictures of a small hidden lake going dry, and some foot prints down by the remaining water. Didn't go down there then because of the mud, but it's bone dry now.

First picture is of the lake under normal conditions, and has never run dry.......until this year - picture of lake yesterday, and taken from same area.

After a close inspection, there were quite a few human type barefoot prints, great detail, and two sizes (Big & Littlefoot)........more on those in my next post.

What REALLY astounded me where these other absolutely HUGE prints.......WTF?

My immediate thought was Dinosaur?......but that's absurd, then I was thinking a great-grand-daddy Alligator. I thought......"how did he get here"? This man-made lake has been here since the 40's, never has been dry, and he could have easily come from the Colorado River decades ago, followed the large creek/ravine several miles, and you are there. This lake is remote, rarely gets fished or seen, and has become a wild-game lake. Looks like he crawled out heading towards the river, or water further down the creek.....which he will find, and with plenty of cover.

Can anyone identify these tracks for sure.....they are really huge....pictures of single tracks, and the track way leading out.

post-193-000899100 1321298880_thumb.jpg

post-193-053180000 1321298906_thumb.jpg

post-193-007217100 1321299640_thumb.jpg

post-193-019391400 1321299661_thumb.jpg

post-193-051929700 1321299675_thumb.jpg

This is really interesting. An alter? OMG. Hey.... I worked with run-a-way kids and we were educated on satan worship stuff. I didn't hear anything about flint tools or rocks in our education. These folks that devil worship, would build a fire and do ceremonies with a fire. They would also normally sacrafice a child and drink it's blood. The child being procured from usually a runaway girl that was captured and impregnated. Thus, the child would be born and no one like a Dr. would know about it, therefore sacraficing it would not raise any kind of disapearance questioning etc. I'm sorry if I am too graphic here, but, that is what we were educated on and to look for runaway kids with tattoos on their hands of a cross looking type tattoo. Not a regular cross, but a different kind. It's been many years ago I learned this stuff and what to look for with runaway kids, but hey.... What can I say.?? but, there would be a fire and lots of people there at an alter to do this ritual. They drink the babies blood to keep them pure is what it is all about. So sorry, and if that is too graphic, please just remove this post. The runaway girl that delivered the baby is used soley for that purpose and hidden away somewhere so no one can find her.

Things like this are not regularly posted in newspapers and such for the general public. We were told not to tell folks about this and there is a lot more I was told that is grusome. I'll save it. But, that photo of the alter type thing is not a devil worship type thing or sacrafice thing. You would find human remains and not animal remains.

PS: The flints and other things I read on these forum streams, remind me that there must be a Native American influence on the BF population. I think that is very cool, and maybe the broken limbs on trees etc. mean stuff also. I do know that here in the midwest area, the American Indians used tree breaks and shaping trees to mean different things. What that means I don't know. But , maybe there is historical stories or information to go look into from the AI that way back in the past, their messages meant in the tree limb breaks, bends etc. I know they did the Placing stones on top of each other in the desert areas to show where caches were of food, or lead to water. Wish I knew. But, that is what I have heard and read long ago on that.

Edited by gail

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic