Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Hey Bigtex. Were the bones of each animal scattered or laying as a fairly full skeleton? Any bones broken or any marks on them (cuts, etc). Were there any antlers on any of the deer? If I remember zone 1, it was lower than the surrounding terrain. Is this area similar? Sounds like a really good find. UPs

Hey UPS.....the kills had the typical predator appearence; skull, spine, and ribs in one small area, and the legs-smaller pieces 20 yards away or so, as carried off by subordinate animals, probably coyotes. Hard to tell what actually killed these animals, or if the results I was seeing was scavenger work. Some of the larger leg bones were cracked in half (marrow snack), but no visible teeth marks. The whole scene was just plain weird, and unlike anything I have ever seen......hopefully, will be able to post some of the pictures.

BigTex, as I understand it the individual limit size has increased, but I don't know if it's large enough for you to post several of your full-size images up or not.

We talked on the phone about the new kill zone. I am super creeped out and excited. Can't wait to get out there. Definitely should set up one of your brilliant camera traps in that area.

Hey Shado, when I transfer the pictures over to where they need to be in my computer to transfer to this forum, it gives me a choice of file size, and I always pick the smallest one @ 52KB, which is very small in my opinion. I guess the cut off is 50 KB? I can't figure out how to make them any smaller.......isn't detail lost when you go smaller?

Yes, it is. You should be able to upload files that small. If you're using the "quick reply" feature at the bottom of the thread, you won't be able to attach files. You have to click the "Add Reply" button. Below the box should be the familiar "click to attach files" button.

The largest a file can be is 500K right now and you can only upload 500K worth of images [5 separate 100K files] - this will probably be increased in the future. So if you have 50k images, you should be able to get 10 of them up here with no issue.

Still no luck......Shado, next time your up this way, maybe we can figure it out. OMG......just for grins, tried one of company pictures taken on a regular digital camera......guess it's the iPhone pictures that don't work anymore, better buy a new camera I guess.

post-193-078643800 1283709631_thumb.jpg

I'll try again.......nope, says it's too big, which it is not. Maybe the iPhone pics are corrupted in some way? Kb.....what is photo bucket?

I bought a new digital camera on-line, and should be here in a few days......hopefully, it will solve the problem. I will put all the non-posted new ones in some kind of photo album, and post a link.

Has anyone heard from Dantellus from the old site?

I'll try again.......nope, says it's too big, which it is not. Maybe the iPhone pics are corrupted in some way? Kb.....what is photo bucket?

Bigtex, as HRPuff said, it is a photo posting site. It works really very well. Another big advantage is it allows you space to store pics that would take up allot of space on your hard drive. I have ny stuff put into folders and all you have to do is copy and paste the URL. Check it out, it definatley is the easiest way I have found to post on all forums!

http://photobucket.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got the new camera, and will give it a try........these are from the new Kill Zone #2, and all within very close proximity to one another;

Cool......it worked! And two pictures I took today of my private swimming hole.

post-193-015976200 1285706668_thumb.jpg

post-193-024379100 1285706705_thumb.jpg

post-193-016787300 1285706730_thumb.jpg

post-193-080437300 1285706769_thumb.jpg

post-193-012236600 1285706798_thumb.jpg

post-193-040149000 1285706831_thumb.jpg

post-193-094394500 1285706865_thumb.jpg

post-193-020474500 1285706891_thumb.jpg

post-193-000536100 1285707000_thumb.jpg

post-193-093525900 1285707032_thumb.jpg

BFF Patron

Nice pics, glad to see you posting them again! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alas, moderating keeps me so busy I forget about this thread. These photos are great, Tex. Glad to see you are able to post them again. Any updates you can share in the past couple of weeks?

Also any theories on the new kill zone? Do you think a cougar might be an explanation for all the carcasses being so close together?

Hey Shado, been a bit lazy of late, and most days I head straight for my little pool (above) and swim. Plus my main hiking buddy is down until this Friday with a rather nasty cut that required surgery. I heard him telling a Doberman at the Vet that he had been attacked by a mountain lion, in dog language of course, but actually did this chasing our house cat, and caught the end of a screw at full speed.......OUCH!

A couple of insect photos, and a poor birdy......a pair of Giant Swallowtail's doing the wild thing, a momma Wolf spider with her babies riding on her back, and the rare Painted Bunting, think he hit our window.

post-193-056328000 1286908042_thumb.jpg

post-193-071662500 1286908074_thumb.jpg

post-193-016256700 1286908144_thumb.jpg

post-193-096521500 1286908238_thumb.jpg

• gigantor unlocked and featured this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor unlocked and pinned this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic