Bigtex

Need Help In Central Texas.........

Bigtex

Getting a little rain and cooler temps, if 91 qualifies as cooler:)  Here are some Deer kill pics, what was odd is the stick laying next to the spine had a sharp point sticking out just below the 'Y', circled in one pic and arrows in another. The point also looked like it had dried blood on it, just kind of a weird scene the way it looked.

Deer Kill 47B.jpg

Deer_Kill_47A.jpg

Deer Kill 47C.jpg

Deer Kill 48.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bigtex
Posted (edited)

Here's some interesting activity on one of the BF trails that I use often, this trail block took a little effort to build.....the green lines are the trail, and the red arrows are pointing to an oak log brought in from nearby, and woven in to the structure, none of it was touching the ground, pics from both sides....it was pretty cool........and a marker on a side-trail nearby pointing towards it. 

Trail Block 3A.jpg

Trail_Block_3B.jpg

Trail_Block_3C.jpg

Trail Marker 1.jpg

Edited by Bigtex
  • Upvote 2

JustCurious

Bigtex, do you think the limb in the tree could have broken off from the stump on the left (that looks like it's giving us the finger) and fallen into the fork, and THEN the forked tree fell afterward?

Madison5716

Interesting glyph-like thing! 

Bigtex

Hey JustCurious.....took a close look at the trail block yesterday from above, and that is certainly possible.......one of those 'perfect storms' for it all to line up naturally, but there was still something odd about it too.

Much cooler temps and a bit of rain, very few spots holding water, so I visited several of those places yesterday. The series of pics is a track way in a marshy area, and there appeared to be several tracks of 2 individuals4-B.thumb.jpg.1192f0bda3eb9c2b822aa14497f90178.jpg.....a few decent Juvie prints, and one nice what appeared to be a very young individual. I've seen a few babyfoot prints over the years, and they always seem to be at or near a water sources edge....like they were carried in and put down, check out the little toes in the baby print, pretty cool find 

4-A.jpg

4-C.jpg

4-dbaby.jpg

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Looks just like the ones I found,  with that triangular look! Nice 👍