So They're Presumedly Smart

Guest gershake

I think if you take the average person out into the wilderness, drop them off and expect them to survive, their survival time is likely measured in days. Chris B.

And this somehow means BF is as smart as us or even smarter? Please. We came from the wilderness and we survived.

We were dropped off in the woods and learned to survive for Pete's sake. Native Americans weren't born with shelters and the knowledge of fire and how to cook and survive.

Geez, someone look up Liver-Eating Johnson.

We are brilliant in both worlds.

Edited by WTB1

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

As far as the ability to exist and survive in nature, yep , I believe that means they're smarter than us on the average. Chris B.

As far as our family tree is concerned : apes to humans, we share like 99% of the same DNA as a Chimp, however the perceived differences between the two species is great. If you put me or anyone else out in the jungle for a few months without our toiletries, the actual differences between the two species would seem far smaller, and after a few generations? I put Bigfoot someplace between the two, and it doesn't concern me - I'm not a scientist. But he is out there, and that does concern me.

Guest gershake

The point was we are intelligent enough to build them.

If you want to play word games all day then I can be silly too. Let's say BF wouldn't build skyscrapers because you think it would be stupid of them to do so.

But, could they build one to prove their of equal intelligence to us?

See, this is where you get all esoteric and start playing the semantics game about the definition of intelligence ect ect ect.

No, that's kind of my whole point! To ask "how are humans more intelligent than BF?" So we are intelligent enough to build skyscrapers. We don't really build them to showcase our intelligence though but because we need them! BF doesn't need them, so it doesn't need the intelligence required to build a skyscraper. Does that mean they are in general less intelligent? Bigfoot apparently needs (whether or why it does is an entirely different question!) the intelligence to avoid any contact with humans. (Assuming they exist,) they sure seem to be smarter than us in that respect because despite our efforts to change that, they succeed (unless, as previously mentioned, they are on the brink of extinction... or don't exist, etc.)

So, back to point zero: Assuming bigfeet exist, why is it so outlandish to consider that in various aspects, they might be smarter than us?

Edited by gershake

So, back to point zero: Assuming bigfeet exist, why is it so outlandish to consider that in various aspects, they might be smarter than us?

I've already given you a few abilities we have the BF has not demonstrated, and there are thousdands more. If you don't see that computers, radio, microwave and landing on the moon along with 5 billion people compared to a dying or already extinct species as evidence of our superior intellect than I'm better off arguing the validity of the Easter Bunny with you.

Human's don't have to make movies, didn't have to go to the moon, didn't have to build roller coasters, didn't have to invent computers or television and a thousand other things. Just because BF doesn't have to build skyscrapers in no way indicates that he would be able to if he did. In fact, if BF is still around, they better start getting creative with all this supposed intelligence they have because we're encroaching on their habitat pretty quickly.

The burden of proof of BF's intelligence being equal to humans is on the claimant.

Bigfoot Intelligence can not be defined in conventional terms. I see it this way; if we go to the Mall to shop, we can drive there, park, shop, and find our way around easily. Put a Bigfoot in the Mall (as long as no one pays him any mind), he's totally lost, has no idea what to do, and lord help us if he drove. Put most people in that same Mall deep in the woods, and do they know what to do, or how to survive? We are brilliant in our world, and he is brilliant in his.

This is exactly right.

They come equipped with hair, so they don't need clothes. They can peel the skin off a squirrel like we would peel a banana. They may do the same with deer, but I never saw the results. They have fingernails that are like knives, teeth that can crack a hickory nut, eyes that can see in the dark, & the strength to snap a good sized tree. So they do use tools, & they are furnished with them at birth. They eat their food raw, so they don't need fire.

They don't need houses. They can use caves, or somebody's barn if they want to get inside.

I wish I didn't have to raise a garden & go to Wal Mart in order to eat, or pay taxes to the government in order to "own" a place to live.

I think they have a good thing going, & are pretty intelligent.

• Upvote 1

As far as the ability to exist and survive in nature, yep , I believe that means they're smarter than us on the average. Chris B.

Then by your standards so are raccoons and skunks. Yeah, makes perfect sense. lol! Instinct does not equal IQ.

They come equipped with hair, so they don't need clothes. They can peel the skin off a squirrel like we would peel a banana. They may do the same with deer, but I never saw the results. They have fingernails that are like knives, teeth that can crack a hickory nut, eyes that can see in the dark, & the strength to snap a good sized tree. So they do use tools, & they are furnished with them at birth. They eat their food raw, so they don't need fire.

They don't need houses. They can use caves, or somebody's barn if they want to get inside.

Prove it.

Humans have been doing that for how long? We did it so long, we decided to build immense buildings so we didn't have to sit in the rain any longer. Heck, we even developed space craft to visit other entities outside of our world. We built nuclear weapons so we could destroy entire cities. Smarter?

Hardly...

For instance what can a bigfoot allegedly do that humans cannot? "Zap" people? Teleport? What have they allegedly done that supports this theory of them being "smarter" then we are? Supposedly they are naked out in the woods slapping wild hogs into trees, and stealing food from us. I don't know about any other way to say this except: No. (if it exists in the first place)

The only reports I've read about people spotting bigfoot read more like seeing any other animal out in the woods. "I saw it cross the road." "I saw it stealing fish from the smoke house." Do you know of any reports of a bigfoot doing calculus or writing out theories of cold fusion?

I'm curious, why do you think they are so smart? What have they done to demonstrate this?

Exactly.

They haven't demonstrated their superior intellect. Claims that they're smarter are IMO simple apologetics in an attempt to explain away why they haven't been caught or proven yet.

It's a very transparent attempt too.

Guest gershake

I've already given you a few abilities we have the BF has not demonstrated, and there are thousdands more. If you don't see that computers, radio, microwave and landing on the moon along with 5 billion people compared to a dying or already extinct species as evidence of our superior intellect than I'm better off arguing the validity of the Easter Bunny with you.

Human's don't have to make movies, didn't have to go to the moon, didn't have to build roller coasters, didn't have to invent computers or television and a thousand other things. Just because BF doesn't have to build skyscrapers in no way indicates that he would be able to if he did. In fact, if BF is still around, they better start getting creative with all this supposed intelligence they have because we're encroaching on their habitat pretty quickly.

The burden of proof of BF's intelligence being equal to humans is on the claimant.

I see your point but as I said, I think we're talking about different things. I don't think bigfeet could solve mathematical equations, either. It was probably unwise of me to use the word intelligent in the first place, should have stuck to smart. In my post above yours, I reworded my original question. 

Edited by gershake

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I agree completely that humans are more creative. Once we walked out of the wilderness and left the hunting/gathering way of life, we've had alot of free time to think and create. These creatures, if you accept they may exist, either have chosen to remain in nature or they're incapable of any other life choice, kinda like the African gorilla. Here's my way of thinking though. It's because we left the wilderness, our skills of survival and stealth are mostly gone. Their skills in the wilderness are awesome and viewed by some witnesses as impossible or even paranormal. To be looking directly at something, only to blink and have it disappear from sight is hard to hang on to or explain. (and nope, I'm not suggesting the creatures can teleport, they're just that great at hiding/stealth.) So, I agree that humans are smarter in general ideas/creativity but when in the wilderness, we're not as smart as these creatures. IMO of course. Chris B

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Humans have been doing that for how long? We did it so long, we decided to build immense buildings so we didn't have to sit in the rain any longer. Heck, we even developed space craft to visit other entities outside of our world. We built nuclear weapons so we could destroy entire cities. Smarter?

Hardly...

For instance what can a bigfoot allegedly do that humans cannot? "Zap" people? Teleport? What have they allegedly done that supports this theory of them being "smarter" then we are? Supposedly they are naked out in the woods slapping wild hogs into trees, and stealing food from us. I don't know about any other way to say this except: No. (if it exists in the first place)

The only reports I've read about people spotting bigfoot read more like seeing any other animal out in the woods. "I saw it cross the road." "I saw it stealing fish from the smoke house." Do you know of any reports of a bigfoot doing calculus or writing out theories of cold fusion?

I'm curious, why do you think they are so smart? What have they done to demonstrate this?

I think I covered this one Ben, in my reply to WTB1's post. Looks like I was typing as you posted. Short version is I think overall humans are smarter and more creative than the creatures, but there are areas of survival and stealth in the wilderness that the creatures one-up us as a species. Chris B.

Then why can't we use instincts or skill rather than intelligence or "smart"? Because I doubt anyone could seriously argue that we're as skilled, adept or more capable of surviving in the woods than BF are.

But this whole "Is BF as smart or smarter than us" is fraught with holes.