Losing The Faith....

Guest shelley7950

Guest LittleFeat

Any way you look at it, a participating university stands to gain monetarily in some way through more media exposure, a greater understanding of the BF mystery, potential gains in enrollment, acclaim for being a leader in this type of research, a "progressive" image, etc. Hopefully other universities would take notice and see the $ connection and join in the research, especially if the study results in more evidence and possibly proof of this creatures existence. I don't expect Idaho State University or Washington State University to change their tune after ostracizing Meldrum and Krantz for years, but there has to be a less conservative university with leadership that would be willing to take on the mystery. I certainly would rather go to a more progressive university than one that's stuck in the dogma of status quo.

Speaking of "status quo", I agree that the state and federal government's cooperation would be the most difficult to obtain. Heck, they won't even recognize resident cougar populations, let alone a tall, hairy primate. Adding another apex predator would mean that they have to change their wildlife "management" :rolleyes: plans to accommodate this newly recognized species. Maybe the research could be conducted on a large tract of private land instead. I can already see the media circus, complete with vendors selling BF paraphernalia. :lol: Who knows maybe all the fuss would arouse their curiosity.

Edited by LittleFeat

Speaking of "status quo", I agree that the state and federal government's cooperation would be the most difficult to obtain. Heck, they won't even recognize resident cougar populations, let alone a tall, hairy primate. Adding another apex predator would mean that they have to change their wildlife "management" :rolleyes: plans to accommodate this newly recognized species. Maybe the research could be conducted on a large tract of private land instead. I can already see the media circus, complete with vendors selling BF paraphernalia. :lol: Who knows maybe all the fuss would arouse their curiosity.

If Bigfoot was discovered, and found to be a relic human, government would really have a problem. Government doesn't appreciate humans who refuse to submit to its authority. Sealing of areas, or setting up reservations, whew............the headaches coming from that could be a factor in refusal to recognise another apex predator.

If Bigfoot was discovered, and found to be a relic human, government would really have a problem.

Indeed. The problem would be much greater than even an endangered animal.

Government doesn't appreciate humans who refuse to submit to its authority.

But government appears to need humans who need its protection.

Guest LittleFeat

If Bigfoot was discovered, and found to be a relic human, government would really have a problem. Government doesn't appreciate humans who refuse to submit to its authority. Sealing of areas, or setting up reservations, whew............the headaches coming from that could be a factor in refusal to recognise another apex predator.

Agreed. And I'm sure they'd find a way to tax them... maybe by taking away some prime habitat or something. It just would interesting to find out what the root of the problem is for not wanting to make their information about the BF known to the general public. <RANT>I think a new species of its purported stature is much more important to the world than most of other things the government spends our money on.<ENDRANT>. :o

A new primate species that has debatably existed apparently right under our noses for who knows how long would be a tough challenge, but it may be just what we need; to pause in awe and rethink many things that we've always taken for granted.

Guest Lesmore

Off subject, but Prag brought up Elk and Cougars...

This came across my e-mail the other day. The guy never knew until he saw the picture...

post-547-045869000 1290098411_thumb.jpg

Interesting picture...I don't know if it has been photo shopped or not...but it is interesting to note that the Cougar's eyes...look like there is some kind of intense light reflecting from them. Possibly a flash on a camera during a night picture.

I don't expect Idaho State University or Washington State University to change their tune after ostracizing Meldrum and Krantz for years, but there has to be a less conservative university with leadership that would be willing to take on the mystery.

But why should they? It's not like Krantz or Meldrum have produced any real substance from their bigfoot efforts that has added substantively to the university coffers or led to competitive funding initiatives. They've barely even published any papers on the topic. Universities (i.e., people with jobs who work within their systems) follow the money, they don't create it. When the NSF or the NIH or the DoD announce a new request for proposals to "figure out this bigfoot thing," people will line up to submit proposals to study it. Until then, not so much.

Guest TooRisky

Whew much less how to get the **** things to pay taxes...

Guest TooRisky

And once again we have lost track of the initial post... Losing faith in her BF belief and well landed on sasquatch and taxes... man we are just like politians who cant stay on track, not even for one single easy topic/issue...

A relic human? Are Bigfoot using tools now? Are they chipping rocks to make cutting tools?

Where did the 'relic human' argument come from?

But why should they? It's not like Krantz or Meldrum have produced any real substance from their bigfoot efforts that has added substantively to the university coffers or led to competitive funding initiatives.

They have, however, contributed more to the university name recognition in many ways than, for example, their math departments.

Universities (i.e., people with jobs who work within their systems) follow the money, they don't create it.

I'm glad it was you who typed those words, and I'm disappointed that universities are following the money rather than pursuing knowledge.

Maybe universities need to consider more "creative" ways of fiscal prosperity?

When the NSF or the NIH or the DoD announce a new request for proposals to "figure out this bigfoot thing," people will line up to submit proposals to study it. Until then, not so much.

How about state wildlife management agencies and/or the USFWS? Why should DoD request proposals to "figure out this bigfoot thing" before finishing up with Al Qaeda or even beginning to deal with Mexico and their drug cartels? Do sasquatches pose some sort of military threat?

Hell, maybe the Immigration and Naturalization Service would have better luck dealing with these potentially primitive hominid immigrants from 10,000 years ago than they're having dealing with the current economic and social refugees flooding through our southern border?

Anybody but the appropriate agencies?

A relic human? Are Bigfoot using tools now? Are they chipping rocks to make cutting tools?

Where did the 'relic human' argument come from?

Is a human a biological entity, intellectual entity, or spiritual entity?

A combination of the above?

Careful. This could be dangerous ground. Some don't like such deep thought, or perhaps just don't like it voiced..........