Sign in to follow this  
UPs

Mckenzie River Footage

UPs

On the BFRO homepage, there is a link to a video that some fly fishermen made while floating down the McKenzie river in Oregon. It appears to show an upright animal for a very brief time. The BFRO statement seems quite cautious about this footage, at least at this point. If this is not a hoax, I do not see much that can be learned from it, but it is interesting. Anyone know that area and how remote it is?

Fast moving water can be a great place to run into wildlife as the sound of the water can mask your approach and also creates air movement to disperse your scent. Thoughts on this video? UPs

Guest nycBig

Wow very cool. Thanks BFRO. I am sure Matt and Cliff will investigate it thoroughly and scientifically. Can't wait to see what they discover.

Guest Ambermae

I just watched it and i gotta say i think its just a person, i don't think the people in the video reacted because there was nothing to react to, all they saw was someone on the bank of the river, nothing unusual about that. :)

wow, this looks interesting, the arms at first look really long, and it looks a lot bigger than the guy in the boat , im sure the guy in the boat is closer to the camera........

it looks like the subject caught on video was laying or kneeling down at first, the got up and swiveled around........

not saying its sassy, but it does bear further investigating........

No doubt about it. Definite movement and definitely bipedal in my opinion. Human? I don't think so.....but I could be wrong. Sasquatch.....maybe...but I could be wrong. The most interesting video to come along in a long time in my opinion though.

Well, I think of course it's going to look like a person when viewed, since people are humanoid in appearence, and so is sasquatch,(a head, two arms, ect.). But it is VERY interesting no doupt. The guys didn't seem to notices anything, so that would account for there being no reaction on their part. The focus was on the boater and the river, I don't think they were there to film anything else.

Very interesting peice of footage. :)

Guest TooRisky

Yes very interesting to say the least... Once again it is luck that plays the biggest part in a sighting of being in the right place at the right time... With the men in boats and the loud sound of the river hiding any noise of the humans, the two species pass closely by each other... poetic

UPs

One of the key elements is access to the river in this area. Whatever it is does not seem to be carrying a fishing pole (not too much detail in the stills) and does appear to be taller and generally larger than even a large man. When the immediate area first comes into view, it seems to be hiding behind some rocks/brush and looking at the boat. The oarsman is facing away from it. The way the river looks (where this thing as crouching), there may be an eddy or some spring feeding the river. I sure hope someone can go to the exact location and look around and maybe find something that would indicate what it is. UPs

Drew...thanks for posting the link.

Guest sepoy

Very interesting video. The men did not seem to notice it as it moved off. The camera stayed trained on the river.

bipedalist

Very well could be the real deal!

Could be a photographer, snappin pics of the first boater as they went by, then got up and moved to a pick up point, and that's why it the video did not focus on the subject. Or..... it could have been a Squatch.

Interesting! The figure does appear to be pretty large.

Quazimoto

Awesome new video... Definitely one of the most promising to come along in a good chunk of time. I look forward to the ensuing investigation.

Guest WalterLangkowski

Neat looking, natural in fact. There just doesn't seem to be enough there to say anything definitive, based on the video.