Sign in to follow this  
UPs

Mckenzie River Footage

bipedalist
BFF Donor

Element of truth to that WVF. For a curious yet somehow people averse critter it sure seems to be elusive except for a few hot spots. Guess the key is the submersible culvert cam with periscopic sights modeled after a salmon or large trout :P (I believe we had a duck decoy cam thread on the old forum).

OH there are definitely bigfoot in the valley. But not there at that time of day. A trail cam would last about a day there before it disappeared. It gets that crowded during that time of year. Let's put it this way, the small river rocks were flattened down due to all the people walking on them on that little beach.

Well the fun begins with Animal Planet and bfro here. Hopefully it won't turn into another circus up here like back east.

I'll be showing up at Ike's Pizza where some of the activities will take place. I gave a presentation there last month as OSS is holding monthly meetings there. People will know that I have no affiliation with bfro however. I'll show everyone here what I mean sometime 'after' the event. Have to maintain some element of surprise. wink.gif I very much doubt I will be volunteering to do any interview either if that gets thrown out there. However I might slip AP my card in case they would like to take a look at a few interesting 'topics' some other time.

I will surely be disappointed if bfro continues to make the McKenzie Footage sound like a possible bigfoot too. If so, I know there are a few people who are just eating this up, cause they know its just another river user. But those who don't have a clue of how popular that stretch is in late Spring, will surely pump it up as the perfect place to catch bigfoot sunning on a remote rocky beach (30 feet from a campsite). huh.gif

And while I wouldn't dare advocate the following antics, but above the location of the footage there is a brushy hillside where someone could probably sneak around in a costume and have a little fun. The cameras will be running, so I'm sure they'd appreciate the happenstance irony of a bigfoot showing up right on Q. I mean, it is a popular bigfoot hideout.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

I read the whole thing :)

Thanks for all the backround and work PT. The pictures were very appreciated. Not to take anything away from all your work, but the person ducking somewhat and moving off very much looks like anyone else who's discovered they're in someone else's camera shot. Myself even when in this situation, slumps an tries to get out of the way. It makes no sense as you're already on the video apologizing, ducking doesn't change anything. But I've seen it done, and done it myself.

Whoever it was probably doesn't even know they were tagged as a Bigfoot. :o

Here's a followup re last night's event at Ike's Pizza where Animal Planet made a visit. They will be visiting the McK footage site today. I feel confident that the McK Footage will be seen for what it is, a blurry person.

The Animal Planet crew were all very friendly and professional. I suspect I'll be talking with AP in the future about a few interesting topics, but I didn't want to be a witness for this show. I did however mention to the production mgr that if the McK footage findings go any other way but human (modern), then I'd be available to offer my counter-opinion since I investigated it as well and know a bit about the inside situation. So if I were to receive a call in the next few days, then I'd probably do an interview under those circumstances. That's doubtful though...

It was a full house at Ike's and an interesting & enjoyable event in itself. Here's a few photos where some witness came forward to give their testimony. Most were from different parts of Oregon and not around here. The investigators were Cliff Barackman, MM, Bobo, and the biologist (whose name I can't recall now). I took the second pic by just raising my camera up in the air of half the room, so it was purely accidental that MM was cut from that pic. No, it really was an accident! You can also see Toby's towering rendition of bigfoot in the background.

post-120-083510500 1299257072_thumb.jpg

post-120-049983300 1299257077_thumb.jpg

I must say, MM and I did not meet. I just can't understand why he didn't want to say hi to me? I even walked up to him, Cliff Barackman and Toby Johnson while they were chatting, and within a minute, he said he needed a beer and walked away, never to return. Four feet apart and nada. Wouldn't even look at me. unsure.gif I suppose I can understand tho, knowing that I was the person who reversed this claimed bigfoot sighting. He's probably expecting one or two other positions I will have in the near future that won't be good news for the group. Of course it turned out that I also personally know a few other people that became involved in their local visit, so that might be a little discomforting. Then again, maybe it had something to do with what I was wearing around my neck last night? What can I say, I didn't want to be misunderstood by others as being a bfro member. I suppose it worked as a lot of people got a kick out of it. tongue.gif Even most members of the camera crew did as well and several took their own close-up photos of my wearable sign.

post-120-012380600 1299257081_thumb.jpg

So hopefully the McKenzie footage will just fade into the sunset as being a misidentified figure where it belongs. With a complete lack of supporting foundation for anything more, bfro's wanting it to be a bigfoot because of the promotional value just won't cut it where I live. That aside, I had a good time last night as did everyone.

LOL, yeah I was kinda thinking about that too. Can I make a couple of bucks? No lanyard tho. Uh oh, might go against posting policy. Never mind. Oh well... cool.gif

Guest BartloJays

Well, I hope my boys are doing well, I've been in touch with them throughout filming but I surely miss em.

PT-

You know what I despise the most about this field? It's the jealous people who crave attention/recognition & bend over backwards to make themselves sound so much more important then they really are in respect to what they claim credit for. What you shared from last night sounds like a textbook example of the syndrome "I'll never get the attention these guys are getting and it secretly kills me, so I've gotta create an illusion that hopefully fellow forum members won't see through and I can convince myself, I'm successfully convincing them... that I'll appear wiser & a step ahead. " Pretty frighteningly accurate, ha PT?

I think most people would agree that the most logical explanation for the subject in the footage is that it's a human being. Absolutely nothing wrong with investigating it thoroughly however as Cliff did... just in case there's something more to it or as an example exercise to share with others wanting to understand an investigative process in this field. If Animal Planet is real excited about the Mckenzie footage and that's the sole purpose they are in Three Sisters (besides sighting history), then guess what? Regardless of my friends stance or opinion of the subject, Contractually, like it or not (as I tried to spoon-feed that particular process in a prior thread following your presumptive comments) they are along for the ride.

Pretty amazing though...."you" reversed this "claimed sighting?" Where LOL?

For those interested, here's Cliff's latest investigation assessment I'm aware of with no definitive stance on the subject as of this latest entry on his blog:

http://northamericanbigfoot.blogspot.com/2010/09/mckenzie-river-footage-investigation.html)

You sure showed Cliff PT! Just like you were bragging a few weeks back in a thread about proving a natural theory for the snow mounds we found in the Sierras, right? Btw, can't wait to hear it....tell you what, you start the thread and share your theory and I'll tell you why we've already explored it and why it doesn't account for several critical details your likely neglecting.

BTW, very "mature" touch with the collar, but I wouldn't worry too much about being mistaken for a BFRO member LOL. I'd also bet that based on your emphasis here of what a hit it was, your personal anticipation of it having an impact was likely much, much greater then the reality.

Unbelievable...

Edited by BartloJays

"Your boys" eh, well that does say it all as well. You do live oh so very close to the org's hometown too while your mystery remains front page on that forum, so I can understand why you would want to defend.

Actually what I have been most concerned about is MM's influence, not Cliff. Cliff and I get along fine. We hung out the other night afterwards for a bit as well. MM however does seem to have a way of exploiting claims for more then they are, just like he painted the river trip that caught the figure as some remote river expedition where humans rarely venture. (Hmm, doesn't Standing do the same?) Sheesh, two active campsites only 30+ feet away, and when the footage took place, the river is a destination for river runners. But, some people WANT to see bigfoot wherever they can BLJ, and that is what MM seems to do. Gotta pump those expedition tickets right? The reversal was with MM's original hyping of the footage which I still have. And yes, I am fully aware of Cliff's final report too. Oh sure, MM does have skills and knowledge too, but that isn't what comes out when he pursues baseless claims. I very much doubt it was Cliff who convinced AP to look at the McK footage either. Gee, I wonder who it was, cause AP didn't seem all that excited nor were they aware of a few tidbits? Hmm, who could have convinced them to pursue the McKenzie footage?

The ISSUE BartloJays, is that there wasn't a single shred of evidence supporting bigfoot in the McKenzie footage. Not one! No smell, no eye witness, no tracks, no vocalization, nada. Just one blurry human sized figure who went off frame, but not out of sight in real life. All everyone else sees however is what was in the frame and disappeared. That figure, would have been less than 50' from the boat as it passed, NO WAY missed by the camera boat. In a drift boat, you are aware of more then you think going on around you. Being I am even acquainted with the person behind the oars, wouldn't you think I would have jumped at the possibility had I felt it was real? I spend a lot of time up river. I know someone who runs that stretch in the worst conditions possible, in the Spring/Summer its a daily thing, just like many others do through there. But, in other words BLJ, some people don't know the difference between misidentified and opportunity, and will hype it however they can, especially when they are in other parts of the country with a promotion agenda in mind. On the other hand, I won't even hype a baseless claim for someone I know, any more then someone I don't. How you deem that as it pertains to my character is your call.

And btw, I just turned down one international filming opportunity not two weeks ago. Just like I didn't share my encounters the other night for the cameras. So there goes that theory of yours right out the window. I've been on camera more times then I can count over the decades on different projects, so I think ya got the wrong person in your characterization. However when AP is done with this project, they may well be in touch with me about a few interesting projects. As I had expressed, I didn't want to sidetrack their focus with the present project. See, I also have courtesy as a character trait.

You liked my little sign eh? It seems everyone there did except maybe one or two people. It seems a lot more people 'understood' the feeling then you think, but I won't name names out of respect for them. cool.gif

As for the Snow Mounds, I was expecting you to get back to me remember? Tell ya what tho, since you haven't solved that purely natural mystery after all this time, why don't you just go ahead and open the thread instead, and I'll chime in with the explanation after I prepare it. I'm sure others here may have input too. Provide sufficient details and and a few extra pics of the surroundings will ya? Especially show the stump where the woody debris came from in context with the pile OK? Anyway, that's your mystery and you should own it.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Oh and here's a little tidbit for everyone, the person who had the back of his head in my shot is Jerry Crew's nephew who lives here in town. His son was standing next to me but not in the shot. They had a 'copy' of one of the Crew tracks with them as well. Not important info just interesting trivia.

Guest BartloJays

LOL, no..."you" were the one spouting out of your mouth and bragging about being the big mystery solver and made the claim (snow mounds were perfectly natural & "you" proved it), not to mention you seem to have a lot of free time to type away all day.

You start the thread and back up your claim as Leiterman and myself have repeatedly done so--only that the mounds were an anomaly that we couldn't explain based on our combined experience, with no definitive claims on origin, but a strong suspicion by the evidence there, that they were made by "hands." Included there was my good friend Dr. Leila Hadj-Chikh (pre-Erickson project) who has a PHD in Ecology from Princeton and who eventually shook her head....you probably know more then her though right?

Let me ask PT, did you lie, or where did you prove the snow mounds were "natural?" It wasn't the BFRO forum where Robert answered over ten pages of questions? Wasn't old BFF or Bfoot Discussions where I answered many pages of discussion? Where did you share it?

PT, did you even read those threads or the original article? If you did, you wouldn't be asking me to post a picture of a snag that I already have with matching debris and debris trail (only one) that was approximately 26 ft away from the full covered mound. I tell you what, start the thread with your conclusion and I promise it'll be the first pic I post "again." The only thing that's getting "owned" will be your arrogance & ignorance.

As for the Mckenzie footage, again, most people, including myself, suspect the figure is "human" for many similar reasons. But unfortunately, myself and I would bet I'm not alone, came to that conclusion on our own with the facts, not from your arrogant ramblings trying to make everyone believe you're basically a Mckenzie river tour guide. I'm not even going to address your ignorance about expedition tickets and how close I live to Matt blah, blah. blah.

I'm also surprised at how a "TV veteran" like yourself doesn't seem to grasp the leverage a major network production company has. You of all people who uses such careful discretion in who you decide to work with in television should know it's a dog eat dog world out there LOL.

Here's hoping that when the beer and heartburn from the pizza wears off of the AP team, they remember the bold guy with high self-esteem that created a collar specifically for the purpose of publicly distancing himself from the main show characters. I'm sure they are going to call.....Knock em dead PT!!!

Give me a break

Edited by BartloJays

Whatever you say BLJ lol. Oh and my explanation for the snow mounds IS over there at BFRO. But you guys were just all over there in wanting to see bigfoot for everything possible, its good old Groupthink once again that guides the forever unsolved organization mysteries. This isn't the snow mounds thread either. If you want to open it up for everyone, go right ahead and I'll post. I've seen the phenomenon before after spending tons of time in snow country. Sorry your PhD didn't recognize that the warm sun glazes over the snow in the Spring to make it look like it was made by hands, or that the wood preserved the snow longer then the surrounding area. No disrespect to the Dr., but that's what happens when people w/o direct experience analyze matters outside their expertise. So, you start a thread, and we'll go into the mechanics of it further. You are the one here searching for an answer.