What Got You Interested In Bf ?

Guest Lesmore

I had a way-too-close encounter of the unforgettable kind as a pre-teen. I'm not interested in looking for them or proving they exist. Rather, I'm interested in making sense of having seen something which common sense, current scientific knowledge and popular opinion dictate I shouldn't have seen.

As an aside, I am interested in their eventual preservation, if and when they are identified by modern science as a living species (and if they don't go extinct before that is possible). And I'm definitely no-kill.

Spazmo, do you happen to have wolves in your state. In spite of what some think or say, wolves will kill for the sake of killing and they'll do anything to get to animals.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/aug/28/wolves-kill-120-sheep-near-dillon-mont/

There are no wolves in California.

This is pretty cool to be talking about the Kern River...Tigoa Pass...all areas I am very familiar with.

My dad has been shown footprints in the field, but the Marble Mtn. video is what really got him to say that maybe there was something more out there... that meant a lot to me.

Edited by HairyMan

Hello everyone

For Me, what got me interested in Bigfoot was a fear I had as a child. We had this child's encyclopedia set called Child's Craft. One of the books had stories about about the Ape Man as they called it. Stories about Russian soldiers coming face to face with it. For some reason it scared me. My Dad use to watch these shows when I was little, shows that were people retelling their personal accounts and encounters with ape like monsters. They would send teams into the woods to look so signs of them. Often some of the people who were the most scared would go with them. I can remember one episode with a guy named Ed. Ed was really afraid of whatever it was he saw. Still he went into the woods looking for evidence, trying to make sense of his encounter. I can remember thinking I'm want to be like Ed so I checked out every book in the library for my age (about 5-7) on Sasquatch and I read them trying to face my fear. Eventually my fear became a curiosity.

Guest Littlefoot14

I mightve had an encounter when i was 10, im 15 and have had a couple more squatchy occurences since then.

as a kid, i never had much interest in bigfoot. it wasn't until i had my "encounter" in 1985, that i got really into in the subject. after i got over my fear of the woods, i started putting a real effort into finding evidence of it's existence. i spent every minute of my free time, hiking in the pine barrens, for a period of more than 10 years. these days, i contend myself with more internet hunting, than the real thing.

• 9 months later...

Personaly I got intrested in Bigfoot by watching old reruins of in search of, which at a young age I was intrested in all sorts of unknown phenomenon. But I got older I was Fasinated by Cryptozoology (Lockness monster, Bigfoot ect.) I became a Bigfoot Buff after seeing Dr. Gover S. Krants on t.v. still a huge fan of his work.

Four things:

• PGF
  • The Legend of Boggy Creek
  • Six Million Dollar Man vs. Bigfoot
  • In search of...

Plus, I heard there were a lot of hot chicks in bigfoot research.

Four things:

• PGF
  • The Legend of Boggy Creek
  • Six Million Dollar Man vs. Bigfoot
  • In search of...

Plus, I heard there were a lot of hot chicks in bigfoot research.

Bip you are calling the shots when it comes to what made you interested. Did you happen to marry a supermodel interested in BF? If you did bully for you. :lol:

Did you happen to marry a supermodel interested in BF? If you did bully for you. :lol:

She's not interested but she humors me and that's about the best that be expected, I suppose.

• 2 months later...
Guest SwampMonster

I can't really pin my interest on any singular event, but if I had to pick a starting point it would be:

As a child growing up in western Kentucky and frequenting the Land Between the Lakes, every now and then I would overhear folks talking about or referring to a BF / Wolfman / Devilmonster type creature that terrorized the Grand Rivers area at the north entrance to LBL. Growing up about 20 miles from there we used to camp, fish, hike, hunt, and just ride the backroads of LBL and never had any experiences with the creature. If the older folks were talking about it, then it had to be real, though. Right?

As I grew older I became highly skeptical of the tales and dismissed them as myths or campfire stories fabricated to scare little kids into staying close to mom and dad in the wilderness, but I never forgot about them. Nor have I ever seen anything in writing that tells of the creature or the stories.

One of the few details that I remember is that most of the stories alledgedly something to do with an old sawmill, but I don't know where it was and frankly never went looking for it. Heck, I don't even know when all of this supposedly happened.

Each time a BF story or show comes out, my mind goes back to my childhood and those scary stories, and I find myself wondering if there was even a kernel of truth to them.

Anybody else familiar with these stories?

BFF Patron

We had a member on the old forum who vividly described his nighttime sighting experience at a lakeside campground in the LBL region. The BF put on a show including tossing a huge log from land into the water or vice versa......the guy and his family were so traumatized they left only to pick up their gear the next day or several days later. I'm sure some old timers will remember that one.......I sure did, and it sounded for real. A gentleman was also interviewed on one of the blogtalk radio shows, I believe it was Billy Willard's, SasquatchWatch......and described a road crossing near a bridge over a body of water and the intersection with a dirt road where he had been idling for awhile and fishing. I think he was so taken aback that he discharged his firearm/handgun into his own dashboard as I remember.