Parnassus' "comparison" Mclarin/patty Pics

SweatyYeti

So, here is the graphic I've been working on, detailing Patty's trackway. It's not a final version...but it's reasonably accurate, at this point. :)

To begin with, I re-drew the trackway diagram from Dr. Krantz' book 'Sasquatch Bigfoot Evidence'.....and then extrapolated on it, up to the point where Patty passes-by Tree TC-2...(F428)....('click' to enlarge)...

Krantz-PattyTrackway5_zps169c1b77.jpg

Since Jim McClarin's path was further back in the scene from Patty's at the F352 spot...and their converging paths could not have crossed until some point beyond tree TC-2...(or, right at that point)....this diagram can be used to get a good estimate on the minimum distance Jim had to have been further back than Patty, at Frame 352.

One note: The (L) and ® letters on the diagram are denoting which foot is landing, at that particular Frame.

Grover Krantz created 'right triangles', using measurements he made off the Film, to calculate Patty's 'step length'. More on that later.....right now.....it's time for some turkey!   :)

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

PBeaton

Happy Thanksgivin' my friend !  Enjoy !  :)

:drinks:

Pat...

SweatyYeti

Thanks, Pat! :) It was a great Thanksgiving dinner...hope you are enjoying a very nice meal also, good buddy! :drinks:

I was just sharpening some Film Frames where Patty is walking behind the trees...(using Blurity)....and, I put together this two-frame animation with two of the sharpened images....it shows the different angles of her left and right feet, as they lift-up off the ground...

Feet-In-Trees-AG3_zps8db43d68.gif

• Upvote 1

Sweaty. I'm dying over your sig. Oh my gosh! HAHA!

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Quoted Preceding Post

SweatyYeti

^

I'm glad you got a laugh out of it, Austin.. :)

I think there may be a little Far Side inspiration, behind it... FarSideCow_zpsb7579180.jpg

• Upvote 1

So, here is the graphic I've been working on, detailing Patty's trackway. It's not a final version...but it's reasonably accurate, at this point. :)

To begin with, I re-drew the trackway diagram from Dr. Krantz' book 'Sasquatch Bigfoot Evidence'.....and then extrapolated on it, up to the point where Patty passes-by Tree TC-2...(F428)....('click' to enlarge)...

Krantz-PattyTrackway5_zps169c1b77.jpg

Since Jim McClarin's path was further back in the scene from Patty's at the F352 spot...and their converging paths could not have crossed until some point beyond tree TC-2...(or, right at that point)....this diagram can be used to get a good estimate on the minimum distance Jim had to have been further back than Patty, at Frame 352.

One note: The (L) and ® letters on the diagram are denoting which foot is landing, at that particular Frame.

Grover Krantz created 'right triangles', using measurements he made off the Film, to calculate Patty's 'step length'. More on that later.....right now.....it's time for some turkey!   :)

Are the measurements from Krantz or did you calculate them? Can you explain how he(you) came up with these measurements?

Thanks. Are you still going to make a composite w/ Patty at each full arm swing??

SweatyYeti

^

Those are Grover's measurements, and calculations, comn.  I'll elaborate on that, later on tonight. :)

And, yes...I will be putting together that composite, at some point.....hopefully it won't take too long! 

SweatyYeti

Grover's explanation of how he made those measurements, comn...is on page 99-101 of his book 'Bigfoot Sasquatch Evidence'. 

I'll re-print part of his explanation tomorrow night. 

Here is a quick measurement, I just made, working from that trackway diagram I posted...of the minimum distance that Jim had to have been behind Patty, at the frame 352 spot...

Krantz-PattyTrackway11_zps49e9906d.jpg

If Jim's and Patty's paths converged just beyond tree TC-2...then, back at the F352 spot...Jim had to have been just about 13 feet further back in the scene, behind Patty.....(if this diagram is reasonably accurate).

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

A question for Giganto....I was looking over your review of Bill's Photogrammetry Analysis...

http://www.readclip.com/crypto/review.htm

...and, I am wondering if you would be able, and willing, to work out the figures relating to the 'Horizontal Angle-of-View' for Jim McClarin, as you did for Patty...

Patty-Jim-WalkComparison-HorizontalAngle

In the graphic, I listed a few advantages to doing this same exercise with Jim's walk....(more 'known quantities' than with Patty's walk)....which should be able to rule-out one of those two lenses, pretty definitively....(I would think).

One detail which should make it easier to determine which lens was used, is the fact that Jim walked a simpler path than Patty....and walked most of the distance between those two 'end points' parallel to the plane of the camera.

Note: I pasted-in the poorer quality orange-colored images of Jim's walk, from this video...(at about the 5:10 mark)...

What do you think, Giganto...does this exercise stand a good chance of determining which size lens was used?? :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

PBeaton

SweatyYeti,

Here's a image if ya want, noticed ya had to put two together above.

:drinks:

Pat...

post-279-0-18403700-1390113484_thumb.jpg

SweatyYeti

^

Thanks, Pat...that image is much nicer!... :drinks: ...

Patty-Jim-WalkComparison-HorizontalAngle

One thing I should have mentioned in my post, last night....this montage was only meant to illustrate my idea. If Giganto wants to work-out some figures for Jim's walk, he would have to collect the proper Frames...(probably from Bill)....to determine exactly how many steps Jim took between those two points....and what the length of his steps were.

I'll be posting more about this later, but from what I've been looking at lately, I think that the 25MM lens is the more likely candidate for what was on Roger's and John's cameras....rather than the 20MM lens. The 15MM lens has been definitively ruled-out, I believe. 

One related detail, for now...based on the fact that Jim walked onto a distinctly higher level of ground, shortly after the F352 spot...while Patty doesn't, in that section of her walk....I think that their paths don't converge/cross until well past the Tree TC-2 spot.

And, that would mean that earlier in their walks, at the F352 spot....Jim would be much further back in the scene than Patty was....possibly in the range of 20-30 feet further back.

Thanks, Pat....and...Go Pats!! :drinks:

I know you love Hockey, good buddy...but do you get into the NFL Playoffs, at all?? :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

Interestingly, regarding how much further back Jim was, at the F352 spot...this path diagram worked-out by Bill...for the 25MM lens...shows Jim taking a path much further back in the scene, than Patty...

MunnsReport-PathDiagram-25MMLens_zpsf3a4

And, Bill's calculated path for a 20MM Lens shows Jim taking a path much closer to Patty's....but, on a path where he would have passed by in front of Tree TC-2....(which he didn't do)...

MunnsReport-PathDiagram-20MMLens_zpsae8c

These graphics are taken from Bill's PDF Release 3.2.5.3....found on this page of his Report...

http://www.themunnsreport.com/tmr_v2_design_003.htm

Edited by SweatyYeti

SY,

Since McLarin is walking at a different angle (flatter to the camera)than Patty and the two cameras are almost in line, you should be able to tell where McLarin crosses Patty's path based on when he is visually to the right of Patty. IOW, if the clip kept going past the leaning tree, you would see that each step by McLarin takes him farther to the right of Patty's line in regards to the landscape. It seems to me that the paths cross about 5 to 7 steps past TC-2, so yes, McLarin is well behind Patty. It would be nice to see more of the McLarin film. I'm guessing that it is not shown because McLarin is no longer close to Patty and not because the film ends...but that is just a guess.

Edited by comncents

SweatyYeti

SY,

Since McLarin is walking at a different angle (flatter to the camera)than Patty and the two cameras are almost in line, you should be able to tell where McLarin crosses Patty's path based on when he is visually to the right of Patty. IOW, if the clip kept going past the leaning tree, you would see that each step by McLarin takes him farther to the right of Patty's line in regards to the landscape. 

Yeah, I see what you mean, comn. :)  

But, even with extended footage of Jim's walk....(if it even exists)....I don't think that Jim ever eventually got further to the right, than Patty was....(since Patty did continue moving quite far to the right, as she moved further back).

It seems to me that the paths cross about 5 to 7 steps past TC-2, so yes, McLarin is well behind Patty. It would be nice to see more of the McLarin film. I'm guessing that it is not shown because McLarin is no longer close to Patty and not because the film ends...but that is just a guess.

I haven't counted their steps beyond TC-2, yet...but that seems about right, to me.

In that last image of Jim, in the montage...(as he appears close to the leaning tree)...he is on a lower elevation of ground. So, I think that it's at some point shortly after that, that their paths crossed. 

Wheellug

just came to me as a thought.. If Jim and Patty were at fairly close approximations in the comparative photos, can a comparison be made of their noggins?   Just thinking.