Sign in to follow this  
Guest BCCryptid

Vancouver Island British Columbia Sightings

Guest BCCryptid

Hi all, BC Cryptid has made the sasquatch JUMP to the new board.

Please post all legit Vancouver island sightings (meaning, you have interviewed the witness yourself, or with another investigator, this is a BFRO or other Org report, or this is a media article you have found. Please try to post location information as I am an investigator on this island)

TANX!!!! :)

Guest BCCryptid

Summary: Hunter who observed large upright adult that stood it's ground and maintained intense eye contact the entire sighting. He felt as though the subject may have been standing it's ground to protect a young one.

DATE: 2009-11

Sighting Location: Campbell River, logging country.

400 yrds south of: 49 degres 51' 13.03" N 125 degrees 20' 06.37" W.

This area is usually closed to the public due to heli-logging activities so I would advise you to contact Timberwest to get permission to get on their land. During hunting season Timberwest usually allows hunters in this area.

NOTE: Area is gated with security check, you MUST get permission to enter area.

UPDATE: Area has been clearcut, and sasquatchies likely do not venture here no more :(

Time of Day: am

Weather conditions:clear/ windy

Distance to sighting subject: 30m

Estimated height of subject: ?

Tools/Followup used to determine height if applicable: ?

Length of time of sighting: seconds

Eyewitnesses: 1 - Seasoned hunter for that area.

Detailed description of subject (indicate which part(s) of subject were visible):

Head details: large head, slightly sloped forehead

Eyes: dark

Kneck: thick, close to shoulders

Shoulders: Proportionate to that of a large man

Torso:?

Arms:?

Hands:?

Legs:?

Feet:?

Hair covering: almost moose-like black/dark brown

Tracks:?

Description of what subject was apparently doing: it was watching me

Reaction to subject: stunned/scared shitless

Subject's Reaction to you: no fear/ it did not break eye contact with me

Additional details worth mentioning:

Eyewitness got impression that adult was making sure hunter did not move forward, may have been protecting a young one. (Taking this to mean intense eye contact, threat display)

Eyewitness, a seasoned hunter, was VERY shaken by event, refused to take me back in there, refused to ever go there again.

-------

Original sighting text:

"I'm not sure what I saw, I have hunted this one area for the last 20 years, I have seen my share of bears, cougars and "heard" wolves while timber hunting for deer. About six weeks ago I quit hunting in that area after what I saw...and I will never return. What I saw scared the hell out of me, even carrying a 30.06 rifle gave me no sense of security. I could only see the animal from the shoulders up, at a range of 30 yards. It was not human. Are eyes met for several seconds before I took off after this thing would not break eye contact with me. That was the scary part of the whole experience, this thing was "thinking" and I don't think it was alone, I think it had a young one with it, it acted much like a sow with a cub holding it's ground until it's cub had moved off far enough away. I case you've ever had any doughts that these things exist.. they do."

Follow up text:

"Happy New Year to you as well, thanks for writing me back. I have been thinking about my encounter ever since I last e-mailed you. I have lost countless nights of sleep thinking about that day. I guess finally talking to someone about it has brought the encounter to the forefront of my mind, as far as being lucky I wish I had never seen that thing. I'm sorry I don't share your enthusiasm about whatever that thing was. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it. I will e-mail you a precise location(map), description,date,time, etc for your records but I will never step foot in that area again."

"To answer your questions, yes I only saw the animal from the shoulders up. It's shoulders were proportionate to that of large man, they weren't sticking way out, the head was almost to big in relation. It did not move an inch or make a noise the few seconds that we made eye contact. As far as it having a young one with it is just a observation I have made with other animals deer,bears, once a pack of wolves. One animal usually the female will hang back and divert a preditors atention while it's young or the rest of the herd/pack vamoose out the back door undetected. I hope this helps you."

PBeaton

BCCryptid,

Where bouts on the Island ? I was talkin' ta an elderly couple earlier this summer bout a sightin' they had. Sorry, no contact info., but they run a little store/shop just paassed Coombs. They only saw it quick as it crossed the road, upright, big, light an dark brown in color, not much on details. Also heard of reported sightin near Whiskey Creek bout two years ago, road crossin' again, no details, just heard bout it somewhere. Mentioned it to John Bindernagel, I think he knows more bout it.

Good luck with thin's !

Pat...

Guest BCCryptid

BCCryptid,

Where bouts on the Island ? I was talkin' ta an elderly couple earlier this summer bout a sightin' they had. Sorry, no contact info., but they run a little store/shop just paassed Coombs. They only saw it quick as it crossed the road, upright, big, light an dark brown in color, not much on details. Also heard of reported sightin near Whiskey Creek bout two years ago, road crossin' again, no details, just heard bout it somewhere. Mentioned it to John Bindernagel, I think he knows more bout it.

Good luck with thin's !

Pat...

Hi Pat,

What do you mean, where am I (Victoria) or where was the sighting above? (it says Campbell River...) Coombs and Whiskey Creek are pretty much the same place, good areas as is Englishman River and Qualicum River which both places are between. I grew up there actually.

Where are you and do you get out much to look around?

kitakaze

Cool. A Vancouver Island thread. I would love to check some of these stories out, even though the PGF eats up most of my Bigfoot time.

I saw on monsterquest you can watch the Bigfoot swim back and forth from the mainland to Vancouver island. Kaze, You can just wait on the beach for them. :D

Guest billgreen2010

hey everyone wow very informative new thread indeed keep me posted on new sasquatch activity :)

Guest BCCryptid

I saw on monsterquest you can watch the Bigfoot swim back and forth from the mainland to Vancouver island. Kaze, You can just wait on the beach for them. :D

Ok, Vancouver island is HUGE, several times larger than Manhattan, has several large cities on it including our capital, takes about 8 hours to drive from one end to the other.

I have not heard of sightings of them swimming all the way across the Georgia Strait, that's a HUGE distance. They likely island hop up by Quadra island where the passage narrows to the Johnstone strait. I do believe there are small populations on some of the large nearly or completely deserted islands off the West Coast, like Vargas Island and Nootka Island. There are far more reports of them swimming from Alaska than Vancouver island. See 'Raincoast Sasquatch' for a lot of really good swimming reports.

Guest BCCryptid

Summary: Party of fishermen observe large bipedal muscular animal walking away from them after hearing 'samurai chatter'.

Date: September 2008

Sighting Location: Stamp River, Port Alberni

Directions: coordinates Withheld (protect their 'spot' ;)

Time of Day: Afternoon

Weather conditions: overcast, day.

Eyewitnesses: Two local fishermen, saw subject. Two teen boys, did not.

Distance to sighting subject: ~150 feet

Tools/Followup used to determine height if applicable: branch observation, measurement by investigators.

Length of time of sighting: ~5 seconds

Detailed description of what happened and what you saw: They observed a very tall figure covered in light tan hair walking very quickly through the bush, approximately 150 feet distant. The figure was easily taller than Jason’s basketball-player sized 6’4â€. The figure was ‘lean’ but ‘well built’ with large forearms. It was also covered in light brown/tan 6-8 inch hair. They called out, thinking it was a hunter in a camoflage suit, and as soon as they did so, it stopped making any further noise and disappeared behind some bushes and trees, moving a branch aside with it’s arm. On further discussion they recalled it had ‘no neck’ and sloped shoulders.

Subject Details you observed: tall (over 6 feet), bipedal, light tan hair 6-8 inches long, lean but well built, no neck, sloped shoulders

Estimated height of subject: 7-8 feet

Head details: no details noted

Eyes: not seen

Kneck: non-existent

Shoulders: sloped, well built

Torso: lean, well built

Arms: large forearms

Hands: not observed

Legs: not observed

Feet: not observed

Hair covering: light tan hair 6-8 inches long

Tracks: none observed

Sounds subject made: 'Whoop' and dog bark sounds heard. Unintelligible chattering heard.

Odours of subject or in area: Strong 'wet sheep' smell coming back up trail after fishing.

Actions subject was observed making: Walking away, moving branches with arm.

Description of what subject was apparently doing: moving away from them.

Reaction to subject: Assumed it was a hunter in a camoflage suit. Called out to hunter to avoid being shot. Later, fear.

Subject's Reaction to you: Moved away out of sight.

How did the encounter end?: Subject moved off, they continued on to fishing hole.

Did you revisit the site?: Yes, it's their favorite fishing hole. Noted strong smell in area on subsequent visit of 'wet sheep'.

Additional details worth mentioning:

Revisited area, noted lots of sticks jammed upright into the ground.

Follow up Details by Investigators

-------------------------------------

Date/Time/Location/Conditions: Sept 2, 2008, ~2:30pm, hill bank of Stamp River, Port Alberni. Overcast, good visibility.

General Area Description: Mix of old growth and logged regrowth areas along a large river that experiences large salmon runs and is a popular fishing and recreation area in general, but not in the immediate area of the sighting. Heavy sword fern growth on forest floor. Numerous water sources, streams and bogs. Area is located close to a small airport and a gun range. Area has very little human intrusion other than fishermen. On the warm sunny Sunday we were there during a salmon run, the only fishermen encountered on our side of the river though were our own eyewitnesses. Several fishermen were seen on the opposite bank of the river. Numerous inner-tube riders were seen. No hikers were seen. Very active game area, deer were observed, as well as rabbits, the salmon in the river of course, and very active black bear territory. Eyewitnesses are familiar with black bear and sight them often.

Eyewitnesses: Robert 42, Internet Website Consultant, Jason 27, Roofing Business Owner, experienced outdoorsmen. Eyewitnesses maintained a consistent chronology and details through several interviews. Eyewitnesses were very credible, exhibiting goose bumps when discussing the sighting. Eyewitnesses have requested semi-private anonymity and do not want their full names known or published in media. The precise location is being withheld as well out of respect for their ‘secret’ fishing spot. Eyewitnesses have reviewed and approved this report.

Sighting: 20 second observation of a very tall lean hairy figure moving rapidly through the bush. Figure was very tall, over 6 ½ feet, yet more heavily built than a typical human of that size (i.e. basketball player). Figure was covered in 6-8 inch tan/beige hair. Jason observed from the figure’s chest up, and the figure’s arm as it moved a branch aside. Robert observed the entire figure’s back.

Further Details: ‘Whoop/bark’ heard. ‘Talking noises’ communication heard. Sticks found embedded vertically in ground. Possible rock throw encountered. Strong smell of ‘wet wool’ smelled.

The Stamp River is currently experiencing a salmon run, we observed numerous giant fish jumping clear of the water while there. Eyewitnesses viewed the Patterson video. In comparison, figure they saw was much leaner, was much lighter coloured, was walking as fast if not faster than figure in Patterson video.

Investigation Results: Massive black bear sign (eaten berry scat) and clawed trees. Some tree damage very high up, over 10 feet, looked like digging for insects. A very good den was found. Sticks rammed vertically into the ground, would require hammering with a rock to accomplish. Numerous tree ‘arches’, most appeared natural from snow fall, some were wedged under logs. Scat on road discovered by eyewitnesses appeared too small to us to be of any particular interest, and was likely bear or other smaller animal in the area. Attempts made to lure: Hung large fish up a stump, made several tree nocks at different times and listened for response, made whistles. No loud calls made, due to concern about freaking out eyewitnesses who were fishing up river from us. Note that river was very noisy by rapids parts and we moved very stealthily at times, but did not encounter any bears or other animals along the river. Eyewitnesses are possible future investigation resources and seemed somewhat open to assisting our club.

Investigation Conclusions: It is my opinion that these are credible individuals who have likely observed an unusually light haired sasquatch near the Stamp river. I speculate that they disturbed a resting family / troop that had been fishing the night before. The adult male warned of their approach with vocalizations and then deliberately made himself visible to draw the eyewitnesses away from the rest of the group, or was the last one to leave and was then observed leaving the area. It appears this group was in this location for several days and that the fishermen were kept under observation from time to time. I had no indications they were still in the area on the day of our investigation, but since the salmon run will now only get heavier I think they will return for nocturnal fishing in the river, and that they are still in the area, now avoiding us.

I think this is a strong location for further investigation while the salmon are running, which should be for an additional month. The area is full of secluded valleys dense with old growth forest and sword ferns, with numerous good den sites, and has very low human intrusion.

PBeaton

BCCryptid,

I'm in Nanaimo. An no, Don't get out really, except the odd road trip or fishin' in Port Alberni. I never learned ta drive, strange as that may sound. What did ya think of the artwork in Raincoast Sasquatch ?

Pat...

Guest BCCryptid

BCCryptid,

I'm in Nanaimo. An no, Don't get out really, except the odd road trip or fishin' in Port Alberni. I never learned ta drive, strange as that may sound. What did ya think of the artwork in Raincoast Sasquatch ?

Pat...

Me neither right now, kids, girlfriend, work, and selling my house take up pretty much the full amount of waking hours...

I think the artwork in that book is beautiful and some of the best ever done for a Squatch book. It's my favorite book.

PBeaton

BCCryptid,

Did ya like Robs or mine better ? If ya liked mine, then I'm glad ta hear it. Mind if I ask the one ya like best outta my stuff ?

Pat...

Guest BCCryptid

BCCryptid,

Did ya like Robs or mine better ? If ya liked mine, then I'm glad ta hear it. Mind if I ask the one ya like best outta my stuff ?

Pat...

I"m sorry Pat, I didn't realize you were one of the primary artists in that book! Do you have a link to your webpage, where I might look over your work, and tell you which ones I like?

I'm sure your both amazing artists and I loved all of it.

Guest BCCryptid

This is my favorite sighting of all time (so far)

Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

June, 1988

Near: Nanaimo off Nanaimo Lakes Road

Mount Benson in the Vancouver Island Range...

The area is a mountain river valley at the base of a mountain. Mostly Douglas fir and Sitka spruce, with a lot of poplars (I think) birch, and scrub brush down near the river. Quite remote from nearby civilization as it is 10 miles or so farther off the very end of a barricaded logging road, which has a few summer cottages.

This happened between 6 AM and 7 every morning over the course of the last week of June. The closest water would be the Nanaimo River and the farthest of its lakes.

I was on a solitary fishing trip/ retreat and has a tent set up own in the valley of the river. Every morning around the same time I was awakened by the sounds of several voices hooting and sort

of chattering. Like the apes you see on he wildlife TV specials. I was scared stiff the first time, peeked out the tent flap, and saw a family group of 4 man-like creatures splashing around in the river. A male, a female and twins.

This happened every day starting on the second morning I crawled out of the tent and just sat watching. They noticed me and I felt like the youngsters wanted to investigate but the adults held them back.

On the last morning I was up and out of the tent and making breakfast by the time they arrived. Instead of going to the water they sat down watching me! Talk about unnerving! If only I had taken

a camera, I could have got some truly amazing shots just then.

The adult male stood about 8 feet tall and was massively built throughout the chest and shoulders. Large biceps and thighs. Fairly human looking genitalia was pretty well hidden by longer hair. His hair was almost black and about 4 inches long on his head and neck, gradually becoming around an inch long on the rest of him. Actually it seemed to form a sort of longer girdle on the pelvic area. All their faces were similar, with a Cro magnon sort of look, brow ridge, and deep-set dark brown eyes. There was no hair around the eyes or mouth area and they have a bit of a beard as well. Their hands are just like ours except on a larger scale and hair on the backs. The most striking feature about them was the eyes. They are not dumb animals! And they understand that fire can hurt them. One little ones was going to pick up an ember that spit out of my campfire and the mother grabbed its hand and slapped it, then made a very human pain-filled wincing expression and sucked her fingers while shaking her head at the little one. Now you tell me what bear can do that!

As I understand there have been fires in the past in that area so it stands to reason the adults would know how destructive it is. The female was a good foot shorter than the male and of a slighter build. She did have fuzz-covered breasts with very prominent nipples. Her coloring was almost the color of an orangutan. She also looked to weigh about half of his weight.

The little twins: I call them so because they were identical in all respects except there was a male and a female. Their fur was not like the adults. It was more like fuzz that you see on a puppy or kitten until the adult coat grows in. When I say little ones I mean little. They were only tabletop height at best and tottered just like human babies do during their first few years. I have NEVER told any one about this because the place would have turned into a circus sideshow, so I hope you do not give specific location details if you publicize this account.

In closing I would like to say that these are gentle, caring family oriented creatures. They showed me no aggression at all and if I had been able to stay longer I might have been able to befriend them. They are a miracle as far as I am concerned. They have restored my faith in the mystical wonders of nature. Please do not do anything to destroy their peacefulness.

• Upvote 1

PBeaton

BCCryptid,

Sorry, no webpage for ya. I know nothin' bout computers, ol' school I reckon. No cell phone either, don't even know how ta download photos ta the computer, ha ! ha ! Pretty bad eh. Oh well. The artwork in Raincoast is relatively early stuff, I kinda learned ta paint doin' those paintin's. Both Rene an Johns' favorite was/is the one with the turtle along the water. I always kinda liked the simplicity of the female pickin' grass through the snow. One of these days I'll figure how ta download images. I did one paintin'a bit back, Daniel ran it in Bigfoot Times. It is of the face, I worked with Bob himself, writin' back an forth(over a year or more, now an again when we could find the time) we came up with a paintin' of the face. As best he could recall after all these years, an with my limitted artistic skills of course, turned out kinda interestin'.

Glad ya enjoyed the artwork just the same.

Pat...

Sign in to follow this