Debunk The Debunking

Some of them have dogs & coyotes for pets here. I have seen them together with my own eyes

I'd like to ensure that I read that correctly:

Are you stating that sasquatches have pet dogs and coyotes, and that you've seen this with your own eyes?

When did it become known fact that all bigfoots hate all canines, & that all canines are afraid of bigfoot? That is complete nonsense. There is no doubt that some or even most canines are afraid of them, & that they have been known to kill dogs, coyotes, etc. But isn't it a little presumptuous to assume that it is always the case, all the time?

Some of them have dogs & coyotes for pets here. I have seen them together with my own eyes. The bigfoot showed no hate, & the canines showed no fear.

I don't think it's a known fact at all Sasfooty. Dogs are loyal to their masters and will make a fuss when something is ary in their yard. A bigfoot might dispatch with that dog, but befriend one that prefers to roam the wild with it. This symbiotic relationship is not off the table with me.

I don't think it's a known fact at all Sasfooty. Dogs are loyal to their masters and will make a fuss when something is ary in their yard. A bigfoot might dispatch with that dog, but befriend one that prefers to roam the wild with it. This symbiotic relationship is not off the table with me.

I know that you & some others here feel that way, & I appreciate your saying so. :)

But lately, there have been comments from others stating flatly that "all sasquatches hate all canines". I thought I'd just state my opinion that I have not found that to be the case.

How does the second law of thermodynamics work with an omnivore?

It would predict that the species in question would be MORE abundant than obligate carnivores. This is why black bears and raccoons vastly outnumber mountain lions and lynxes.

Some of them have dogs & coyotes for pets here. I have seen them together with my own eyes. The bigfoot showed no hate, & the canines showed no fear.

I read something recently, that dogs were initially domesticated for use as bait.

I think there may be some truth to this, however I believe it may have been more as a decoy/alert system, rather than strictly for hunting.

southernyahoo, on 15 December 2010 - 08:42 AM, said:

How does the second law of thermodynamics work with an omnivore?

It would predict that the species in question would be MORE abundant than obligate carnivores. This is why black bears and raccoons vastly outnumber mountain lions and lynxes.

There are other factors, however (like reproductive rates and habitat needs), that cause some omnivores to be more rare than others. That is why there are vastly more black bears than brown bears or polar bears.

I read something recently, that dogs were initially domesticated for use as bait.

I think there may be some truth to this, however I believe it may have been more as a decoy/alert system, rather than strictly for hunting.

Maybe some of both. I think they may be like us. Some of us have dogs for companionship, some for hunting, some for watch dogs, & some of us don't like dogs at all.

Having had several close interactions with wolves, it does not surprise me whatsoever that canines and hominids became partners. I'm sure the relationship began for the benefit of both sides, and that was likely in several ways.

Just for my own education, have you observed any tool or fire use?

No, never saw them using fire, although I have smelled cigarette smoke, (among other smells) a few times when they were around. Some of them have some rather interesting smells. I have a hard time rationalizing the cigarette thing, but I guess if they could get cigarettes, they could get a lighter. I would have totally dismissed the whole thing, but a couple of friends have mentioned that they have a "smoker" around, too.

As for tools, naw.

I would have totally dismissed the whole thing, but a couple of friends have mentioned that they have a "smoker" around, too.

Are these friends neighbors?

I have a hard time rationalizing the cigarette thing, but I guess if they could get cigarettes, they could get a lighter

I suppose they could rub a stick into a stone to start a fire, especially if they can't buy lighters.

I wonder if they're smoking Marlboros? If so, you ought to warn them about the dangers of smoking.

I wonder if they're trading for tobacco like aboriginal peoples did? Maybe they'll eventually figure out that firearms are an asset?

No, never saw them using fire, although I have smelled cigarette smoke, (among other smells) a few times when they were around.

Sorry Sasfooty, but this is another one of those "hold the phone" moments for me. You smell cigarettes and conclude that "bigfoot must smoke" before concluding "those ain't bigfoots"?

Are these friends neighbors?

One lives 2 miles away, & the other one about 8. They both know about & have regular visits from BF.

I suppose they could rub a stick into a stone to start a fire, especially if they can't buy lighters.

Yeah. I'm sure nobody ever leaves cigs & lighters laying around anywhere so they could pick them up.

I wonder if they're smoking Marlboros? If so, you ought to warn them about the dangers of smoking.

I wouldn't know. All cigarette smoke smells the same to me.

I wonder if they're trading for tobacco like aboriginal peoples did? Maybe they'll eventually figure out that firearms are an asset?

Maybe so. Lots of people leave gifts for them. Could be somebody leaving tobacco.

Sorry Sasfooty, but this is another one of those "hold the phone" moments for me. You smell cigarettes and conclude that "bigfoot must smoke" before concluding "those ain't bigfoots"?

Is THAT what I said? :unsure: