Bigfoot The Protector And Hunter !

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Here's a new years day bonus, what about the big guys and fishing? Salmon is great energy and can really pack on the fat for winter.

So what about where, when and how?

ps.

This is making me hungry, does anyone else like fish and chips for breaky? Campfire cooked fresh caught batterd fish in a cast iron fry pan with butter is best.

A less philosophical topic for average boys, and girls? This is probably the single most important BF related topic that there is, in my opinion. Hunting methodology is one of the primary catalysts to how every animal/hominid/primate has survived, and evolved into what they are today, whether it be from the Alpha, or Omega end of the food chain. (I have to finish this on my phone...BRB)

Understanding BF's hunting methods will help enable us to use deception against them to get them close enough to gather viable evidence. I completely agree, Tracker, about the group dynamic to their hunting methods. It's pretty obvious that you are a versed hunter, and understand your particular quarry! I bow-hunt for elk, and it's somewhat similar to how they probably go about doing it. Flanking, pushing, ambushing, etc. I seriously doubt they can just chase down a deer, or an elk by themselves with any kind of frequent success. On top of that, there would be a huge risk of injury with that hunting style. There ain't no future for an 8 foot ape hobbling through the woods alone. I'm not buying what the vegetarian camps selling, regarding BF living on lichen, berries, and roots. . . Bi-pedal, intelligent hominids eat meat! It's a must! I like what someone said in regards to caloric intake. . It ends up boiling down to calories wagered vs. calories earned, and one kill would supply more constant protein for them, than any other possible method. If the women, and children stay home during the hunt, like other hominids did, then they also pack the animal(s) back with them to their dwelling. They probably don't hunt-target mature bucks, or bulls, either.

I know Trackers theories might sound far fetched to some people, but I'd say my man is probably right on point! I, like a lot of people, know for an undeniable fact that BF is real, and have witnessed first hand, a group communicating together with vocalizations, knocking, and some kind of language. These guys are FAR from being simple monkeys running around the woods!

Guest tracker

A less philosophical topic for average boys, and girls? This is probably the single most important BF related topic that there is, in my opinion. Hunting methodology is one of the primary catalysts to how every animal/hominid/primate has survived, and evolved into what they are today, whether it be from the Alpha, or Omega end of the food chain. (I have to finish this on my phone...BRB)

Hey thanks for that,

You can talk all you want about genetics or missing link stuff. But if you under estimate them or don't know your prey and have poor woodcraft abilities you will never get close enough. Sitting around a campfire or a bait station and waiting for one to make an appearence is not my cup of tea.

Guest tracker

Understanding BF's hunting methods will help enable us to use deception against them to get them close enough to gather viable evidence. I completely agree, Tracker, about the group dynamic to their hunting methods. It's pretty obvious that you are a versed hunter, and understand your particular quarry! I bow-hunt for elk, and it's somewhat similar to how they probably go about doing it. Flanking, pushing, ambushing, etc. I seriously doubt they can just chase down a deer, or an elk by themselves with any kind of frequent success. On top of that, there would be a huge risk of injury with that hunting style. There ain't no future for an 8 foot ape hobbling through the woods alone. I'm not buying what the vegetarian camps selling, regarding BF living on lichen, berries, and roots. . . Bi-pedal, intelligent hominids eat meat! It's a must! I like what someone said in regards to caloric intake. . It ends up boiling down to calories wagered vs. calories earned, and one kill would supply more constant protein for them, than any other possible method. If the women, and children stay home during the hunt, like other hominids did, then they also pack the animal(s) back with them to their dwelling. They probably don't hunt-target mature bucks, or bulls, either.

I know Trackers theories might sound far fetched to some people, but I'd say my man is probably right on point! I, like a lot of people, know for an undeniable fact that BF is real, and have witnessed first hand, a group communicating together with vocalizations, knocking, and some kind of language. These guys are FAR from being simple monkeys running around the woods!

My theories are a collaboration of what I have experienced and learned in the field and swapping info with others. Some reports from all over the NA support my beliefs of what the big guys are capable of. You have obviously invested a lot of time researching in the field to know the difference between forum conjecture and reality in the field. Thanks again for your support. tracker

Edited by tracker

I am no hunter, but something smaller that wouldn't take as much effort to obtain, like a rabbit or squirrel, might be more practical to eat on a regular basis rather than the bigger game. I guess it would depend on the season, what is commonly available, and what presents itself in the bigfoot's path. Obviously they don't think of humans as something to eat as evidenced by Tracker's experiences and that's good information to know.

Guest tracker

I am no hunter, but something smaller that wouldn't take as much effort to obtain, like a rabbit or squirrel, might be more practical to eat on a regular basis rather than the bigger game. I guess it would depend on the season, what is commonly available, and what presents itself in the bigfoot's path. Obviously they don't think of humans as something to eat as evidenced by Tracker's experiences and that's good information to know.

For the most part they should be safe to be around (at a distance) but not all of time. I wouldn't trust the protective or aggressive males not to pulverize me and leave my body to be a feast for the other critters. Were a competing predator in the woods. So even if you have good intentions or are solo female hiker. They won't hesitate to run you off or attack us under the wrong circumstances. Let's not over humanize them, that type of thinking can be dangerous in the woods.

Gotcha, I never assumed they were safe but took your experience as maybe an indication. Others say the same thing, depends on the creature's situation and how you present yourself.

Guest tracker

Gotcha, I never assumed they were safe but took your experience as maybe an indication. Others say the same thing, depends on the creature's situation and how you present yourself.

Hey that wasn't intended to be preachy, just safety concerns. i wouldn't want the first one to be hunted and brought in because of an attack. I've seen tourist walk up to bull Elk's in rut and a sleeping Grizzly in a ditch to get pictures. So if we can be that stupid around other annimals than who knows what really happens around the big guys? JMO. tracker.

I can relate with certain reports from witneses who mention defense/attack types of behaviour. On two occasions I was driven off using shawdowing, flanking and pushing tactics. I know when I am being hunted and support that the big guys know what they are doing too. It's not random behaviour, their smart and they've got skills. :(

I can relate to that from what reports I've read. Another tactic is a diversion reported by a number of hunters. I recall a report where a deer hunter was in a tree stand and suddenly realized there was a stump where there hadn't been one earlier, he puts his scope on it and realizes it is a stationary squatch looking right at him. He then hears a loud snap in another direction, he turns breifly to look in that direction then looks back at the squatch, and poof gone. He figured it dropped and belly crawled out of sight. Coordinated tactics like this do repeat in encounters of witnesses and researchers.

To me, it seems like they often hold their post silently long term to take it all in. Once discovered, I wonder if they switch up so it appears they are gone. Are they? How often do they sit silently in watch observing what we do? I bet its way way more than we anticipate. After all, we are entertainment. If they think they are not discovered, I think they sit. Once stared at, they shift. In time they might launch some pebbles, twigs or acorns/pine cones to see what we do.

Plus, its fun to throw stuff at stuff lol. Angry? Loud vocs, feeling nausea, terrified feelings, odors.. how many have had observations where there were NO odors ? That would be an interesting poll.

Guest tracker

I can relate to that from what reports I've read. Another tactic is a diversion reported by a number of hunters. I recall a report where a deer hunter was in a tree stand and suddenly realized there was a stump where there hadn't been one earlier, he puts his scope on it and realizes it is a stationary squatch looking right at him. He then hears a loud snap in another direction, he turns breifly to look in that direction then looks back at the squatch, and poof gone. He figured it dropped and belly crawled out of sight. Coordinated tactics like this do repeat in encounters of witnesses and researchers.

It's nice to hear others talk about their skills and intel being more than just large monkeys walking around in our woods. Maybe I won't have to fight so much with other members that say my theories and posts are outrageous or just simple stories that can't be proven. So I started putting the JMO's and IMO's at the end of some of my posts. Although i don't mind the odd scrap now and then:) lol.

JMO, IMO ABCDEFG, etc. tracker. dry.gif

It's nice to hear others talk about their skills and intel being more than just large monkeys walking around in our woods. Maybe I won't have to fight so much with other members that say my theories and posts are outrageous or just simple stories that can't be proven. So I started putting the JMO's and IMO's at the end of some of my posts. Although i don't mind the odd scrap now and then:) lol.

JMO, IMO ABCDEFG, etc. tracker. dry.gif

I can take a hint. You know, it's just when you mention that "Most reports of contact is accidental bumping or knocking the witness down. Anything worse than that the witness(s) are never around afterwards to report it. Not all of them are gentle and timid."

You post that in a matter-of-fact manner, and then dodge when called to task about it. OK, fine. Why don't we leave it at that? But no, you continue to play the victim. I merely asked for some sort of proof of your outrageous claims, and here we go, you're the one put out. Go figure.

Guest tracker

I can take a hint. You know, it's just when you mention that "Most reports of contact is accidental bumping or knocking the witness down. Anything worse than that the witness(s) are never around afterwards to report it. Not all of them are gentle and timid."

You post that in a matter-of-fact manner, and then dodge when called to task about it. OK, fine. Why don't we leave it at that? But no, you continue to play the victim. I merely asked for some sort of proof of your outrageous claims, and here we go, you're the one put out. Go figure.

Hey i never reported anything? i can take my lumps if I screw up and i did. But your right I should of been using those accronymes before. Everything is opinion, How can anyone here or on any site prove anything short of a body to go along with their report or post? I didn't believe it needed to be answered since they can kill other larger stronger creatures. So killing a human should be easy if they wanted to. and how would we know about it? Other than that report with those two trappers where one survived.

It's not personal, so why go there? that's just how i feel about using the silly little tags after you say something. regardless if you got involved or not i would of said that. lets move on. tracker. :)

Guest tracker

We talk alot about hunting bears in some of my threads. Blacks would be no prob but . I wonder how Sasq fare against the adults browns? They could out run them if they wanted to flee? But what about one on one conflicts when fighting over territory or a carcuss or defending young? Do you think Bf's would they need a group effort? Maybe the big guys throw rocks or use branches like clubs to scare or defeat a grizzly. Or would they even need to?

Their strength and height would be a match but the Bf's might give up a little on weight side of the equation. However the Bff's intellegence would make up for that surely. But then it's claws vs fingers , fangs vs teeth. Which would be the dominant species. Hmmm?

What do others think about who would win this type of conflict in the wild?