What Would Have Moved This If It Wasn't Bf

Guest Woodenbong

Guest FuriousGeorge

So was it an emu nest?

Sorry

Cool pictures. They look like the size I would image for bigfoot. I hope it's a bigfoot nest.

Is that a beer can in the right photo? Are there poachers in that area?

Guest Woodenbong

So was it an emu nest?

Sorry

Cool pictures. They look like the size I would image for bigfoot. I hope it's a bigfoot nest.

Is that a beer can in the right photo? Are there poachers in that area?

There aren't any poachers in the area, thats my camera lense you've seen. I left it in the edge of the bed for a refernce.

As for Emu's, WRONG.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tracker

Sorry how far was the log moved? the weight of a log is distributed so no drag with a rollovers, bears will do that. Nice hunting knife, Bowie?

Guest Woodenbong

Sorry how far was the log moved? the weight of a log is distributed so no drag with a rollovers, bears will do that. Nice hunting knife, Bowie?

The log was moved about half a metre, the log has been lifted not rolled over. As for my knife, its not a Bowie just some generic copy from the USA.

Happy New Year to you

Edited by HRPuffnstuff
to repair fractured quote tags

Guest Woodenbong

I posted this pic on another thread and its more appropriate on here. Rock is approx 40-50kg thats my camera bag beside it.

post-211-057004700 1293844913_thumb.jpg

Guest Woodenbong

This is a little of topic but I thought I'd throw it in here for interest sake

Leaving food for these animals is something that really interests me, whether it be fruit, bread, lollies or meat the results are generally the same.

I thought I try something differnt to what I usually do and decided to set up a trap of soughts, not the type to catch the animal but to collect footprints.

I had been keeping an eye on a bedding location for sometime and decided to try th trap here, my plan was to remove all the vegetation that was on the ground, these were mainly grasses and leaf litter with the odd small shrub. They were all easily removed leaving quite a sandy patch to work with. Over all I cleared an area of about 2.5m/sq, my plan was to attach an apple suspended from a branch that was over hanging the sandy patch. All went to plan I hung the apple about 18" under the branch, suspended by cotton and tied to a branch about an inch through, levelled the sand and left the area for a 2 and a half hour walk back to the camp.

The area I left the apple in gets a lot of activity around the bed structure, so I was quite certain I'd get something.

On returning the following day I could see as I approached from a distance that the apple had been removed from where I had left it. I could see as I got closer that there were no tracks what so ever on the sand either. On closer inspection I could see that the entire branch had been removed from the tree. The branch had been broken back at the trunk where it branched from. .

Now we don't have anything in Australia that rips branches from trees, it just doesn't happen. I searched that area for that branch with the cotton attached to no avail, it was gone.

They were just to good for me that day

Cheers

Wood, thanks for all the descriptions. Intriguing regarding whats cooking with the apple bait. Also the nest bed with the pillow and the fresh rocks is interesting.. especially since those are fresh rocks. If you were to camp in the area.. would it occur to you to do this yourself or do you feel comfortable regarding getting a nice nights sleep without concern for potential wild pigs, dingos, or any other feral or natural creatures ?

Are you in red roo range ? Thanks! One more.. what kind of dimensions on the potential nest bed ?

Guest Woodenbong

Wood, thanks for all the descriptions. Intriguing regarding whats cooking with the apple bait. Also the nest bed with the pillow and the fresh rocks is interesting.. especially since those are fresh rocks. If you were to camp in the area.. would it occur to you to do this yourself or do you feel comfortable regarding getting a nice nights sleep without concern for potential wild pigs, dingos, or any other feral or natural creatures ?

Are you in red roo range ? Thanks! One more.. what kind of dimensions on the potential nest bed ?

Pigs and dingoes are in the area but not a real concern, I had thought about camping in the area but the animal has moved from this spot and at present I haven't been able to locate his where abouts.

I have a feeling its moved across a ridge from the original location, that is where I collected the rock photo that is attached to this thread. The red roos are not in this area they are further west, we have the eastern grey Kangaroo here.

Bed structures are generally around the 6 - 7ft mark, that is the entire bed, the area that is slept in is approx 5ft to 5ft6''.

Which suggest that the animal using this is not all that tall.

More on that in another post.

So do you have emus in this area?

(I'm only asking because you got all testy when Ray asked a simple question.)

When you answer that one, could you explain to the board if there are any emus around?

Guest Woodenbong

So do you have emus in this area?

(I'm only asking because you got all testy when Ray asked a simple question.)

When you answer that one, could you explain to the board if there are any emus around?

saskeptic,

Hi,

No theer are no emus in this location, the area is to far east for the emus and mountainous/ rugged they prefer the open plains and grass lands which are further west from here.

Cheers

BFF Patron

WB where are koala's in this equation geographically?

Guest Woodenbong

WB where are koala's in this equation geographically?

The majority of the Koalas are on te east coast of Australia, they are scattered in other areas of the country but not as heavily populated. The closest to my location would be approx 60klms

• 6 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2010 at 9:03 PM, gigantor said:

Two stranded travelers trying to hike their way out of the outback for the past 60 days. They are hungry and surviving on anything they can find. This scenario is more plausible than BF doing it because we know that a) people exist, B) people travel, c) people get stranded.... you see my point, I hope.

Had to highlight this, an example of fallacious reasoning.

A scenario is NOT more plausible because we have confirmed something that would be unlikely, in the very extreme, to do something like this.  Humans would be MOST unlikely, from all I've read, either first, to even be here and second, to forage like this.  (The effort alone.  The, um, "goodies" ALONE.)

Stranded? Most unlikely.  Where is the other evidence of their presence that would almost certainly exist?

Plus a footprint cast which appears consistent with many others made in places where other evidence exists.

People may not be zero probability, but people moving that tree to forage for grubs?  If they were that hungry, they probably wouldn't be able to move the tree.  People do not suffice to close the case on this.  No way.

• masterbarber locked this topic