Bigfoot And "creeped Out" Feeling

Guest ShadowPrime

The EMF / Pheromone / infrasound things are all interesting, and "natural" explanations. What I meant, in my initial comments, was that I am not aware of any other primate equipped with any of these things, which would make BF even MORE remarkable/unlikely... if you get me.

Enjoying the comments!

Shadow

Can't speak to EMF, but BF and pheremones and possibly ultrasound are discussed by Meldrum in "Legend Meets Science". Gorillas, for example, are known to emit a "stink" when stressed or angry.

Can't speak to EMF, but BF and pheremones and possibly ultrasound are discussed by Meldrum in "Legend Meets Science". Gorillas, for example, are known to emit a "stink" when stressed or angry.

reminds me of when i was kid in the scouts, we had a guy in our troop, real brat sissy type, who "emitted a stink" when we jumped a couple of deer on the way back to camp in the dark one night.....problem was the "stink" wasnt all he had "emitted" :P

i guess he had a differnt kind of "gut feeling" :D

seriously though,is the gorilla stink known to trigger reactions in other nearby animals?

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

How does someone know he/she was "being observed by BF" if he/she didn't know it was being observed?

Oh yeah, he/she had the "feeling" and that indicates that BF was watching... got it. :rolleyes:

That's a good point. I don't think anyone can determine exactly "what" is looking at them by their instincts alone, but when you get that alarming feeling, that means it's time to stop and take a careful look around you. And I mean look in a very thorough way, high and low. It's entirely possible that you're being watched by a Cougar or Bear, etc..Any of those critters would likely eat you if it gets the chance. If the feeling comes over me, the first thing I do is move my hand to my pistol. That's why I always stress that everyone should be armed when in the woods. Don't take this the wrong way, there's nothing to fear from the BF creatures IMO, it's about self protection from the things like bears and mountain lions. Those things think of us as an easy meal. Chris B.

A point about pheromones. A pheromone is a chemical emitted by an organism that evokes a social reaction in a member of the same species. If a human reacts to a substance emitted by bigfoots, that substance is not, by definition, a pheromone in the context of the human reaction.

Pteronarcyd

Guest Woodenbong

When I had my first visual encounter it absolutely freaked me out, the animal had walked behind me early one morning at pretty close range. I wasn't out researching, i was parked on the side of a ride. Anyway the feeling I got was the overpowering feeling of disbelief. I just couldn't move a muscle although I wanted to get the hell out of there, I just could bring myelf to take my eyes of this 7ft hairy thing. Just typing this know gives me goose bumps and the cold shivers, its really hard to explain. I'm tingling as I'm typing. Its weird.

This was probably a little of topic, sorry

SSR Team

Are we talking about the thing known as " Zapping " here or are we discussing something else ?

there's nothing to fear from the BF creatures IMO,

Given the number of incidents reported of agressive if not outright hostile BF, I don't see how you can maintain that position. At a bare minimum, BF is a wild animal, and ALL wild animals can be dangerous under the right circumstances.

A point about pheromones. A pheromone is a chemical emitted by an organism that evokes a social reaction in a member of the same species. If a human reacts to a substance emitted by bigfoots, that substance is not, by definition, a pheromone in the context of the human reaction.

Pteronarcyd

Humans and bf are both greater apes, so it is not impossible that BF pheremones could affect human responses, and vice versa, which would explain the purported interest by some BF (presumedly male) in human females, esp those at or near their "period".

Guest TooRisky

Humans and bf are both greater apes, so it is not impossible that BF pheremones could affect human responses, and vice versa, which would explain the purported interest by some BF (presumedly male) in human females, esp those at or near their "period".

Who says this has anything to do with Apes... Humans are definatly not Apes, and in my observation neither is Sasquatch... Apes where brought in with that silly notion of Giganto and all the sheep that followed that because it sounded good... All in my very humble opinion....

How does someone know he/she was "being observed by BF" if he/she didn't know it was being observed?

Oh yeah, he/she had the "feeling" and that indicates that BF was watching... got it. :rolleyes:

You would know it when you saw bigfoot shortly after getting creeped out. I thought that went without saying considering the topic heading...... :rolleyes:

Pteronarcyd

Assuming we are reacting to a pheromone from BF, wouldn't that be an indication that we are of the same species?

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Given the number of incidents reported of agressive if not outright hostile BF, I don't see how you can maintain that position. At a bare minimum, BF is a wild animal, and ALL wild animals can be dangerous under the right circumstances.

Mulder, it's just my opinion but I don't think the creatures intend us any harm if we aren't provoking them. Could they harm us? You bet. They're wild and whether you consider them an animal or some type of distant human relative, I'd bet a BF creature could easily pull your arm from it's socket and beat you with it. But, it's still my opinion that the creatures mean us no harm. Now, do I trust them with my life? Nope. If I run into the exception while out trekking, of course he's gonna have to talk with Mr Magnum before pulling my arm from it's socket. Although I'd hate to have to do it, I've already decided that I'm going back to the house if at all possible no matter what happens in the field. You speak words of wisdom though: "BF is a wild animal, and ALL wild animals can be dangerous under the right circumstances."

That's certainly true and although I don't think the creatures intend us any harm I'll not tempt fate by going into the woods unarmed. Better to have it and not need it and all that jazz. But I still believe there won't be any trouble unless we start it.

Chris B.

Guest ShadowPrime

Over the holiday, will see if I get time to browse the reports and pull out a few examples - situations where the witness is reporting watching BF, not mentioning any particular fear or concern, and then suddenly feels a near overwhelming compulsion to "get out of there".

As to whether fear of BF is warranted... while I fully agree with the premise that any large animal is potentially dangerous, I think you can make a pretty good case that BF is a very non-aggressive creature. It seems to me, at least based on what I have ready, that BF basically wants little to do with man and (99.999999% of the time!) turns and moves away at earliest opportunity. Hey, maybe WE give off a "BF-repelling" aura instead of the other way around! ;-)

Edited by ShadowPrime

A story that sticks with me is about Recon patrols in Vietnam. Each patrol member was instructed to NEVER look directly at the enemy and stare. You were to always look at the enemy out of the corner of your eye to avoid detection.

Why?

Because the enemy could "sense" that you were looking at them.

I'm sure this isn't very scientific but from the standpoint of trial and error this became the modus operandi of Recon teams operating in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.

It may not be our sense of smell that is tipping us off.........it could very well be a unseen creature staring at us.

TooRisky,

The primate hominoid superfamily is comprised of apes -- both great apes and lesser apes. The hominid family is comprised of great apes -- e.g., orangutans, gorillas, chimps, and humans. This is the hominoid taxonomy favored by molecular geneticists and is the one currently used in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hominidae).

Most anthropologists likely prefer the older taxonomy that reserves the hominid family for humans (and extinct close ancestors); in this older system members of the pongid family -- orangs, gorillas, and chimps -- are considered to be great apes. Some molecular taxonomists, however, argue for placing gorillas and chimps in the genus Homo along with man.

Under the taxonomy favored by molecular geneticists one could either consider humans to be great apes or consider orangs, gorillas, and chimps to be men -- I find the former to be preferable.

Both taxonomies (and others) are valid. If BFFs would adopt a standard taxonomy much confusion could be avoided in future discussions.

Sincerely,

Pteronarcyd