norseman

The Munns Report

I think its fantastic the way you keep everything so open and up to date Bill. You do things with the true spirit of research,and that speaks greatly for your character. Your patience in dealing with all the criticism you endure,and your open willingness to answer questions,even when often the people asking are only interested in debunking your work, speaks volumes for your earnest quest for the truth. I know there are many who do appreciate your efforts.

Guest Crowlogic

Great news Bill! So next stop is the camera original!

Bill

John:

Thanks for the kind remarks. I appreciate your support.

Crow:

It's possible. :)

I'll know more in the coming months.

Bill

just adding, here's the actual listing from Ebay, with photos and description.

The seller mis-spells Janos Prohaska's first name, and apparently mistakes describing Gimlin as casting the print, when it's Roger (unless we're in for a big surprize), but overall he seems to have described it well.

ANElistingcomposite.jpg

Bill

just tested viewing full size, and something in the forum system won't enlarge it enough to read well. Not sure where the glitch is.

Bill

Edited by Bill

SweatyYeti

Here is a screen capture of the first part of the Auction Description...

PGF-ANE-AuctionDescription1.jpg

And, here's a crop of one of the images...(brightened-up, a bit)...

PGF-ANE-version1.jpg

And...a link to the Auction page... :) ...

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

Bill....it sounds like the quality of these images should be quite close to the quality of the Cibachromes. Do you think that'll be the case?

If so, I think you may have a version of the Film that could provide 'hard proof', that Patty is a real creature.....based on what it may show for facial movement.....(mouth/jaw and eyebrow movement). :)

Edited by SweatyYeti

Bill

Sweati:

In theory, this should be an earlier generation than Copy 8, which would mean a sharper image, and it definitely has less fade or color shift than Copy 8, so more clarity there.

But until I get it into the scanning mech and be able to put frames side by side with copy 8 frames, I can't say for sure or how much.

But it doesn't appear to be cropped the way Copy 8 was, and that's curious, so I have to do some research in how Copy 8 was derived from it.

Anyways, it's a major find and a big piece of the PGF puzzle to lay on the board.

One thing I've learned about each film I prepare to scan, and that is, "expect to be surprized", and nearly every time, I am, in some unexpected way.

So what surprize this one holds in store, I can only wait and see.

Bill

Guest Thepattywagon

What surprises me is that there was only one bid on it. Glad it was yours, Bill!

SweatyYeti

It sure is a major find, Bill! And, sounds like it should have some great detail, in the images. :)

Since the resolution of different versions of the Film is being discussed...here is a comparison of 3 different versions of the Film......LMS...Copy 8...and, a Cibachrome image...

LMS-Copy8-Cibachrome1.jpg

'Copy 8' does have a slightly sharper image than LMS....and the Cibachromes are the best (obviously).

So, if your new ANE version of the film is better than 'Copy 8', Bill...then it is going to have some very good detail, in it.

What surprises me is that there was only one bid on it. Glad it was yours, Bill!

Personally...I wish there had been at least....2 ... :rolleyes:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest Biggie

Just think if you had not resolved to search through 10 Ebay pages then you never would have found that Bill. Because of that it makes you wonder how many good deals you may have overlooked there in the past by not searching so thoroughly through that many pages doesn't it?

Guest parnassus

Bill,

who owns the rights to the Patterson footage within this film?

Does it contain any "second roll' scenes?

p.

Edited by parnassus

Bill

1. All licensing rights stay with Mrs. Patterson, for film showings, and Eric Dahinden for stills. This purchase is of the physical film itself, but like all other copies privately held, holding a copy does not convey any licensing or commercial rights.

2. If it is the same program edit as the DVD of the show I have, or the Copy 8, it has Roger casting a print, and a short bit of trackway,. But if it's a different edit than the DVD version, I won't know exactly what's on it until I get it next week.

Guest Bipedal Ape

It sure is a major find, Bill! And, sounds like it should have some great detail, in the images. :)

Since the resolution of different versions of the Film is being discussed...here is a comparison of 3 different versions of the Film......LMS...Copy 8...and, a Cibachrome image...

LMS-Copy8-Cibachrome1.jpg

'Copy 8' does have a slightly sharper image than LMS....and the Cibachromes are the best (obviously).

So, if your new ANE version of the film is better than 'Copy 8', Bill...then it is going to have some very good detail, in it.

Personally...I wish there had been at least....2 ... :rolleyes:

would be nice we could watch all the versions online in highest quality

Bill

Bipedal Ape:

Agreed, in principle, but there are legal and licensing issues to sort out which would impact on such onlne showings for all to watch.

I'm still sorting through all that. Hopefully, in the near future, the matter will be resolved to allow such.

Bill

PBeaton

Bill,

Is it there yet ? ha ! ha ! I had to ask,. :) It's gotta be like sittin' on the couch starin' at the gifts under the tree the day before. Ooooooooooh, what's in it ? (When we were kids, of course.)

Fingers crossed !

Pat...

Bill

Pat:

No. Delivery is ETA late next week.

:)

Bill

Guest parnassus
This guy has some interesting videos on the height of PattyBob, see Part 1 and Part 2: