norseman

The Munns Report

Sorry, the scientific method is exactly what skeptics use.

WRT the PGF? Examples, please.

Bill

CC:

The comparisons of Patty and McClarin are connected to the lens issue and site photogrammetry analysis and as I haven't got the latter two resolved, I can't get to a final determination about Patty VS McClarin. What I've earned over the years is to no under-estimate the variables which may factor into a conclusion, and once you recognize all the variables, you have an obligation to test for them. It does make the analysis go more slowly, but should lead ultimately to a stronger and more reliable conclusion.

Bill

Sorry, the scientific method is exactly what skeptics use. Skepticism and science go hand in hand, evidence, data, testing, repeatable results, etc....

Confirmation bias is unfortunately an inseparable aspect of bigfoot (and PGF) belief. The methods used to "prove" authenticity are always rife with confirmation bias.

Math is math whether the calculations are run by a Skeptic or a Proponent or a Neutral.

Photogrammetry is all about math.

No bias.

Next fail?

Sorry, the scientific method is exactly what skeptics use. Skepticism and science go hand in hand, evidence, data, testing, repeatable results, etc....

Confirmation bias is unfortunately an inseparable aspect of bigfoot (and PGF) belief.

The methods used to "prove" authenticity are always rife with confirmation bias.

Sorry, the scientific method is exactly what skeptics use.

WRT the PGF? Examples, please.

Yes, Tontar, please show us this "science" that has been done by PGF debunkers that is anywhere near the quality of Bill's reconstruction efforts and experiments showing the naturalness of Patty's anatomical features (such as his research into the so called "suit lines" and subductions).

I won't be holding my breath though...

xspider1

*Edit*

Bill –
As you know, I’m a huge fan of your work on the PGf. I have no idea if/when Bigfoot will be accepted as real by the majority of the world but, I agree with what FB/FB said to me a while back: ‘Munns has already solved it. Now we just need to find out what it is.’ Imo, A Munns' PGf book and companion Blue-Ray disk would seem to have the likelihood of making any hypothetical de-bunking of the film virtually impossible.

Edited by BigGinger
To Remove Off-topic Content

On another forum where I sometimes discuss this subject . Mr. Munns is very hard to argue with on the merits of his work . I often find myself arguing with engineers . My eduacation is no where near as good as thiers . I spent 3 years arguing with engineers and programers trying to tell them that they had the force feedback modeled wrong in thier game . All it took was a retired navy pilot that had flown several of the aircraft types in game stating "orygundewd is right and everyone else is wrong" to get them to fix it . Bill I took a lesson from you a few years back that has benefitted me over and over again . While you never put it in these words I have watched you do it many times . Debate to learn not to win .

Edited by BigGinger

SweatyYeti

^

orygundewd, the PGF has been 'talked' about/debated, for the last 45 years. No amount of 'talk', outside of a confession by Bob Gimlin, is going to provide a definitive solution to this mystery.

*edited*

What will eventually solve the PGF mystery is something called 'science'. And there is a hell of a lot more of that to come, for this fascinating Film. :)

Edited by BigGinger

Bill

The way I usually say it is that if you set true understanding as your goal, whether you are proven right or wrong, you've learned the truth of something, and thus you won the understanding you sought. If you set winning as your goal, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and if you're desperate enough to cheat to win, you really win nothing.

Edited by BigGinger
  • Upvote 1

PBeaton

Bill, Well said. :drinks: Pat...

**Mod Statement**

Please keep discussion on topic.  

Thank you!

~ Ginger