How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Norsman on the right track except each guy needs to be cross trained in all areas. So ok elite trained soldiers turned hunters like maybe old tracker except younger. As funny as that sounds i would want 3-5 others to accompany me into the bush on a hot trail. Each needs to be able to do the others job if they go down. Sure each guy may be the best at something like tracking or snipping. So that would be their primary function but it's very important that they can provide support. They would need to be tactically sound field men, durable and won't panic under pressure.

I am in my 40's but i am still durable. I would need men that can go days without sleep and eating or drinking very little and stay alert. And can travel at a fast pace making very little sound or slow with no sound at all. I can still block out the eliments and conditions be it bugs,cold, hot, wet weather. I have gotten frost bite before in the mountains doing that (not good) but I KO the other teams scout. Anyways thats all that matters when your in the field. You can heal, eat and rest latter.

So my point of what seems like boasting is thats what it would take. It would not be a nice casual weekend hunting trip sipping coffee and chatting up a storm. Once the hunt is on there's no giving up our location with sound especially talking. Expect to be misserable, tired, wet, starving and scared. Who's up to that kind of challenge in this day and age of comforts?

So for now old tracker goes out alone because i know my limits. and its just a casual sort of hike unless i find tracks. Then i text my family that i may be in the bush all night or so. if she even get the msg? O well it's who i am and what we do, right guys. dry.gif

Edited by tracker

what an adventure ... culvert traps for bears might be handy. Not suggesting there is a chance you could entice one into it. If a smaller one made some mistakes.. you might have a group to deal with then. Interesting in history with all the money and information out there now nothing like this has ever happened ?

what an adventure ... culvert traps for bears might be handy. Not suggesting there is a chance you could entice one into it. If a smaller one made some mistakes.. you might have a group to deal with then. Interesting in history with all the money and information out there now nothing like this has ever happened ?

The culvert traps I have seen are mounted on a trailer.

70915001.JokToQRk.jpg

No road? No trap.

The culvert traps I have seen are mounted on a trailer.

70915001.JokToQRk.jpg

No road? No trap.

Aye, but plenty of outback roads and I bet there would be rigs capable of going crazy places.

If they use the roads like the reports suggest thats a plus. Still dont think much chance they

would enter a place of entrapment though.. so far still waiting.

Guest tracker

Can anyone recall reports where the witnesses tried to follow them? I know 95% of the reports the witnesses were too scared and went in the opposite direction. Then after 48 hours a investigater/researcher might show up and look around. Take some pics and make a casting if they are lucky. Then call it the day after a few hours of snooping around or set up camp and wait.

I can understand the scare or intimidation factor and how difficult it is keep up to them but still? Anyone else ever try to run them down or know of someone or a report? I was thinking a person could gain ground once they returned to their slower more casual pace or stopped to feed, drink, rest etc. Then again maybe the ones that have tried this never returned?

Another reason why a group effort as mention in my previous post might do the trick of obtaining better evidence?

Can anyone recall reports where the witnesses tried to follow them? I know 95% of the reports the witnesses were too scared and went in the opposite direction. Then after 48 hours a investigater/researcher might show up and look around. Take some pics and make a casting if they are lucky. Then call it the day after a few hours of snooping around or set up camp and wait.

I can understand the scare or intimidation factor and how difficult it is keep up to them but still? Anyone else ever try to run them down or know of someone or a report? I was thinking a person could gain ground once they returned to their slower more casual pace or stopped to feed, drink, rest etc. Then again maybe the ones that have tried this never returned?

Another reason why a group effort as mention in my previous post might do the trick of obtaining better evidence?

Just ran across this today:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/sbs/keller-WA09.htm

This across the river west of my house on the Colville Indian Res.

If you would like more information, I can ask LB, contact of mine. These babies are pushing the upper limit for size that I know that has been accepted by SOME investigators, including Dr. Fahrenbach. How you fake this? Not saying you cannot.

I cannot. But I am sure there is someone who is convinced these puppies are not real. I know what LB thinks.

Tracker, I have read a number of reports where those involved followed the tracks. In one case it was an early on story that ended up in a magazine. I relayed information about that on one of the other threads I think last month. Often the individual swings around behind the tracker(s). That usually intimidates and often results in closing the show.

I know of a pair of elk hunters that tracked the individual into a box canyon where they ran out of snow. Another being the fellows in Alaska. I will keep an eye out for more and plenty more there are.

Edited by treeknocker

Guest tracker

If you would like more information, I can ask LB, contact of mine. These babies are pushing the upper limit for size that I know that has been accepted by SOME investigators, including Dr. Fahrenbach. How you fake this? Not saying you cannot.

I cannot. But I am sure there is someone who is convinced these puppies are not real. I know what LB thinks.

Tracker, I have read a number of reports where those involved followed the tracks. In one case it was an early on story that ended up in a magazine. I relayed information about that on one of the other threads I think last month. Often the individual swings around behind the tracker(s). That usually intimidates and often results in closing the show.

I know of a pair of elk hunters that tracked the individual into a box canyon where they ran out of snow. Another being the fellows in Alaska. I will keep an eye out for more and plenty more there are.

Hey any reports like this would be appreciated thanks guys, Norseman, Treeknocker, Yea a Sasq doubling back on a person will have that effect. Thats the prob, we get scared off. But if there was at least two men both with recording devices and weapons that could also track. we would have another PGF I believe. That if they came upon a fresh trail of course.

Guest tracker

Just ran across this today:

http://www.bigfooten...keller-WA09.htm

This across the river west of my house on the Colville Indian Res.

Hey thats a good one Norseman, thanks. First Nation Reserves can be a good spot for the big guys. Low human footprint on vast issolated tracks of land. Perfect, if they will let you hunt for them there that is? I mentioned this in another post about maybe someone having a built up repore with the big guys. Leaving food or items of interest for the big guys when they visit a first nation grandma or someone. I believe we could of had concrete proof long ago.

Guest tracker

Here's a link, thanks to treeknocker and unreported encounter thread.

It's an unsuccessful tracking and hunting attempt. Be it a story or a report who knows? There's other reports like this from miners etc but mostly from pioneer loggers working in issolated places. Most legends have with a foundation of truth. Is this why we stopped trying to track them down and get closer?

Have a look.

http://www.bigfooten...ures/chetco.htm

Edited by tracker

Here's a link, thanks to treeknocker and unreported encounter thread.

It's an unsuccessful tracking and hunting attempt. Be it a story or a report who knows? There's other reports like this from miners etc but mostly from pioneer loggers working in issolated places. Most legends have with a foundation of truth. Is this why we stopped trying to track them down and get closer?

Have a look.

http://www.bigfooten...ures/chetco.htm

Let's take the story at face value.

It was successfully tracked twice. The first man acted alone and used his torch to make his escape. The second time the two men caught up to it with a lantern and actually fired shots. They were probably armed with blackpowder cartridge lever actions of a unsuitable caliber like the .32 WCF. The .35 WCF wasn't even invented until 1903. And the .405 WCF in 1904 (Teddy Roosevelt's "big medicine"). It's probably safe to say that these loggers were woefully unprepared for such an encounter, and if their quarry had been a large grizzly bear, the outcome would have had a similar outcome.

Comparing what they were armed with back then compared to what we use today for "dangerous game" just isn't even in the same ballpark. And unlike the Serengeti or the Alaskan tundra, one can expect to be in close proximity with a Sasquatch if you have successfully tracked it down. Close proximity means that there probably WILL be a charge involved and if one cannot get that charged stopped? Your going to be dancing with your quarry. Sometimes a person gets lucky.....like these guys:

(Starts towards the end of the knife review)

And sometimes you are not so lucky:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

A capture or kill effort would require enormous funding, human resources, technology and equipment. It wouldn't come together without some solid evidence giving promise that there is such a specimen to collect. First things first would dictate that you need biological samples yeilding the DNA that confirms it is out there. Wet the scientific community's appetite with that and see what happens.

Thats my approach without capture, kill or the expensive logistical nightmare.

A capture or kill effort would require enormous funding, human resources, technology and equipment. It wouldn't come together without some solid evidence giving promise that there is such a specimen to collect. First things first would dictate that you need biological samples yeilding the DNA that confirms it is out there. Wet the scientific community's appetite with that and see what happens.

Thats my approach without capture, kill or the expensive logistical nightmare.

The problem I see with that approach is that it hasn't gotten anybody very far with the scientific community. Short of a body or a part there of? Nothing else seems to wet their appetite much.

Sufficient DNA should guarantee them that it is there. If they still don't respond then they don't want to know, or still wouldn't believe the cost vs.probable outcome of the hunt is worth it.