How Would You Capture Or Kill A Sasquatch?

Guest tracker

Hey i am more of a sniper one shot type, you carry the friging big heavy gun around norseman. you can't hit a barn door anyways.

Nobody finds my Predator storyline funny........ :(

If we want some nice sound recordings and more blobsquatches by all means lets wait for it to come to us. treeknock away. If we want a specimen or a live capture or a difinitive film we need to hunt it down. I think that would take a comando type approach.

Amen.

Personally i wouldn't drop one just to prove they exist to others. Thats the last option on my mind when i go into the woods. I would only attempt to kill one if it had the same intentions. I've seen enough of death all ready(sorry morbid moment). I would like to get close to one in an open area and wait it out with them. It's when they hide and try to sneak up on you from cover that's the prob when trying to figure out their intentions? Otherwise I am cool with sharing the woods with them and the other creatures.

So your hoping for death by cop errr bigfoot hunter then?

I would really LOVE to see this made into a reality TV show, seriously, I'ld watch it.

We cannot have a TV crew following us around in the bush! :o

How many days,weeks,or months do you think this would take?

To produce a type specimen?

I'm forty years old and have never seen one. Rene Dahinden went almost his whole existence hunting them and never saw one.

It's just hard to say, but the concept that Tracker and I are proposing would shrink the odds considerably I think.

I also think that someone that could run a website, take reports, coordinate with the team, dispatch them to new locales would be a big plus.

I also think that someone that could run a website, take reports, coordinate with the team, dispatch them to new locales would be a big plus.

You're describing Charlie, but you and Tracker shore aren't Angels!

You're describing Charlie, but you and Tracker shore aren't Angels!

I do admit that I'd have to trim some body hair to fit into a bikini......... :o

Guest tracker

I do admit that I'd have to trim some body hair to fit into a bikini......... :o

hey thats just wrong, lets not go there. :o

NM, If i had to drop one I wouldn't hesitate nor hesitate to track it and finish the job. I can track, shoot well and I am handy with a blade. but that doesn't mean i am into killing, especially gentle creatures. Same goes for hunting and killing preds. So unless they were a problem (attacking people or me) I would let them go to the dismay of the scientist, pro kill and the skeptics. I've already had my chance and I still stand by that decision. Buit if it needed to be done then I would employ the methods I have mentioned in my posts here.

Geez, I don't even carry a rifle in bear, wolf and cougar country just a big hunting knife. tracker dry.gif

Nobody finds my Predator storyline funny........ :(

Oh I did, stuff gets lost in translation on here, and I feel like an air traffic controller sometimes trying to moderate and participate all in one. I don't have time to fluff the responses like I want to sometimes :D I still think it would make a great show.

norse: ROFLMAO That predator bit I dont care who ya are that there was just **** funny.

Track: Like you I dont pack heat. I am in bear-coug country and have reason to believe I have been VERY close to what I am seeking.

*I could rifle up, but if entering areas where I think its possible to have cat problems, I got the pepper spray. I do not anticipate

have never anticipated sasQ attacks. They got no reason from an easy going guy taking pictures of pretty flowers who makes funny noises and

giggles.

Jodie: Shape these guys up. Make sure that norse does NOT continue this bikini idea. Its just wrong. Make sure norse does not underestimate

what he is up against. Others have.. still waiting for results. Plus they throw things. Some are telling me this is surprisingly accurate over long distances. That means might be the night goggles are going to need windshield wipers to handle the poo in the night. So beware!!!

hey thats just wrong, lets not go there. :o

NM, If i had to drop one I wouldn't hesitate nor hesitate to track it and finish the job. I can track, shoot well and I am handy with a blade. but that doesn't mean i am into killing, especially gentle creatures. Same goes for hunting and killing preds. So unless they were a problem (attacking people or me) I would let them go to the dismay of the scientist, pro kill and the skeptics. I've already had my chance and I still stand by that decision. Buit if it needed to be done then I would employ the methods I have mentioned in my posts here.

Geez, I don't even carry a rifle in bear, wolf and cougar country just a big hunting knife. tracker dry.gif

I hear what you are saying. If you get really good DNA evidence that would be a good start. You might not have to kill one to do that.

norse: ROFLMAO That predator bit I dont care who ya are that there was just **** funny.

Track: Like you I dont pack heat. I am in bear-coug country and have reason to believe I have been VERY close to what I am seeking.

*I could rifle up, but if entering areas where I think its possible to have cat problems, I got the pepper spray. I do not anticipate

have never anticipated sasQ attacks. They got no reason from an easy going guy taking pictures of pretty flowers who makes funny noises and

giggles.

Jodie: Shape these guys up. Make sure that norse does NOT continue this bikini idea. Its just wrong. Make sure norse does not underestimate

what he is up against. Others have.. still waiting for results. Plus they throw things. Some are telling me this is surprisingly accurate over long distances. That means might be the night goggles are going to need windshield wipers to handle the poo in the night. So beware!!!

I am fixing to walk out the door to work, I can not address this the way I really want to but I'll be laughing all the way to work,let me assure you. :lol:

Guest tracker

I hear what you are saying. If you get really good DNA evidence that would be a good start. You might not have to kill one to do that.

What good would DNA do even if you brought in a toe from a bear trap. Yep an unknow primate of some kind for sure but we got nothing on record to compare it to. Your still back a ground zero even though you made the science geeks day. tracker dry.gif

Realistically, a live capture doesn't seem possible to me. Those who talk of projective delivered sedatives by & large don't appear to have experience in using such a method to capture an animal, let alone a large animal. It's just not as easy as shooting your monkee in the butt with a dart then collecting him. I've seen the needle bend or break on dogs. You have to use the correct type & amount of sedative for your target animal. For example, I've seen dogs & cats go into seizure and die from OD after being sedated, also saw one where the dart killled a cat. There are any number of instances where bears have been darted and had to be shot (no one in his right mind tries to sedate a large animal without an armed back-up) when they didn't go down on cue, but instead attacked their assailant. I would hate to see what damage an angry & slightly loopy monkee could do to a human...

I reckon it has to be a kill, and that means a good shot with a dangerous game caliber. As a hunter I firmly believe in matching the rifle/round to the target animal. My thought is the 338 or 375 mags as both are well proven on dangerous game the size of an adult monkee. Head shot, center mass shot, it doesn't matter dead is dead if you put a 225 grain 338 or 300 grain 375 through the vitals or brain. As someone else pointed out small calibers would do the job and I agree, but this is not hunting for food or sport. There seems to be no disaggreement that an adult monkee is big & tough, so this job calls for a round designed for big & tough critters.

Now how to get the opportunity? good luck with that one. I have no clue...

My personal belief is the type specimen will be obtained by way of a road kill or maybe a deer or hog hunter utilizing a tree stand or elevated blind...

Guest vilnoori

Hey i am more of a sniper one shot type, you carry the friging big heavy gun around norseman. you can't hit a barn door anyways.

If we want some nice sound recordings and more blobsquatches by all means lets wait for it to come to us. treeknock away. If we want a specimen or a live capture or a difinitive film we need to hunt it down. I think that would take a comando type approach.

Personally i wouldn't drop one just to prove they exist to others. Thats the last option on my mind when i go into the woods. I would only attempt to kill one if it had the same intentions. I've seen enough of death all ready(sorry morbid moment). I would like to get close to one in an open area and wait it out with them. It's when they hide and try to sneak up on you from cover that's the prob when trying to figure out their intentions? Otherwise I am cool with sharing the woods with them and the other creatures.

Ah, the voice of experience. :D

Guest vilnoori

giggles.

ROFL where's that lovely old smiley when I need it

Guest tracker

Ah, the voice of experience. :D

From one Canuck to another, eh? :) and i forgot to add that mini gun from the pred movie is awesome.

Edited by tracker

Guest vilnoori

The trouble with the classic military approach of six boys in single file as described is that the opponent is not a military opponent. They are not us. Their first and foremost aim is avoidance, it always has been. If they have survived 200,000 years of inhabiting the same planet as us, it has been through utilizing different environmental niches and avoiding us prolific, lethal little hairless monkeys.

People have described a situation where a very remote, difficult to access, easy to guard location is used. Let's say a cave system in a cliff at the center of a slough filled valley in a remote mountainous area in the PNW. How about this one:

48 degrees 58' 19.13" N and 121 degrees 35' 14.84" W

Its so remote its not logged. Long ago there was an active mine but it is abandoned. It has no roads because it abutts up to the border on one side, and is surrounded by high, icy peaks on the other. So if you want to get in there by foot you have to get permission from the border authorities and get in by back roads in Canada, then you have a very long long hike over the border where there are no roads, no trails. Then as your noisy six man team is approaching, they trigger all the outlying nimble young kid sasquatch guards that hang out on top of trees to give warning sounds, like night creatures making noises during the day, or whatever. They alert the core family who scatter, or retreat into caves deep inside, drawing plants and big stones across the entrances. The young ones outside get into deep impenetrable cover and shut up. Your crack military team is already exhausted from the extreme hike to get into the area, even if they have been dropped in by helicopter since there is no trail and it is impenetrable rain forest. They slog on all day, noisy as anything because they're wearing big combat boots. A bear scares them and one lets off a shot. They get hungry, run out of food, get wet, cold, discouraged because there is simply not a thing to see. And radio for their ride out. How disappointing, if they are being filmed.