Track Found In Alabama Snow

Guest watch1

Guest watch1

Alabama Bigfoot Print?

Article on Coast to Coast: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/photo/category/photo-of-the-day

On December 28th, I was hiking with two friends in the Cheaha Wilderness in Alabama and came upon this footprint in the snow. We were all skeptical of what it might be, but kept following tracks down the trail. We didn't know what to think. This isn't an area associated with Bigfoot and you really don't find many people trying to fake them around here. The heel looked a little small to me to be an actual Bigfoot, so we were perplexed.

--Craig M. Fincher

Alabama-Bigfoot-Print_photo_medium.jpg

Anyone else have any info on this one?

Mike (watch1)

Admin

It would help if they included pics of the "tracks down the trail".

I have to say, hoax.

Edited by gigantor

At first glance, I would say some barefooted person who can tolerate the cold.

On the other hand, the heel seems to have the remnant of a shoe heel design. This may be just an artifact of the photo or my imagination. If it is a shoe print, are there mass produced shoes that are designed with fake toes? (Hey, I've seen some weird stuff made for humor).

Guest ShadowPrime

We spend a lot of time talking about skepticism, belief, outlook here on the Forums, and I wanted to note, again, that one thing I enjoy about this place, which might surprise folks not "into" BF, is that when a new piece of evidence is submitted ... a pic, or clip, or such... it is generally greeted with some pretty down to earth analysis and yes, skepticism. And not just, or even mostly, from those in the "BF is definitely not real" camp.

I suspect many would assume BF enthusiasts to be a pretty gullible bunch, "wanting to believe", eager to proclaim each new alleged footprint or blobsquatch to be the "real deal", but in my experience, that is far from the case.

In this case, I have to echo comments made on other footprint threads - a pity we aren't shown more of the tracks, and some shots of the trackway in general, versus this one photo of a single alleged track. Would possibly help in evaluating the deal here...

Shadow

Guest watch1

I sent an email to Coast to Coast to see if I could get some contact info on the person that sent the photo in. That seems to me to be the first step. As for saying "HOAX" before investigating it farther seems like a really negative step in research.

I would like to know the reason behind those assumptions. How can a person look at one track and claim "HOAX". Please let me in on your research secrets. It will surely save me a lot of time and money and make doing research so much easier.

Mike (watch1)

Alabama Bigfoot Print?

Article on Coast to Coast: http://www.coasttocoastam.com/photo/category/photo-of-the-day

On December 28th, I was hiking with two friends in the Cheaha Wilderness in Alabama and came upon this footprint in the snow. We were all skeptical of what it might be, but kept following tracks down the trail. We didn't know what to think. This isn't an area associated with Bigfoot and you really don't find many people trying to fake them around here. The heel looked a little small to me to be an actual Bigfoot, so we were perplexed.

--Craig M. Fincher

Alabama-Bigfoot-Print_photo_medium.jpg

Anyone else have any info on this one?

Mike (watch1)

Mike,

Interestin', regardin' the heel bein' narrow or thin' lookin', this could be simply do to the heel slidin' in as the foot was placed on the ground. Again, hard to say overall, a look at the trackway would be nice.

lordpiney,

Those shoes be coooool !

Pat...

This is so ironic, I was driving past Mt. Cheaha and on through the Talladega National Forest on I-20 on the 27th at about dusk. As I drove through I thought to myself that this was ideal bigfoot country and if one jumps out in front of my car I will die hitting the two inches of ice on either side of the road. So I slowed down to about 45 miles an hour, much to the consternation of the other drivers, and kept my eyes peeled. Sorry to say, I didn't even see a deer but the snow was still deep and beautiful in the forest.

It would be cool if you could find out where the pic came from and to see if there are other pics. Cheaha is known for bigfoot sightings and it isn't out of the realm of possibility that one could be there, I'm looking forward to hearing what you find.

My son is a big enthusiast for distance running and has those foot shoes in a size 15. I've often told him, jokingly, that his prints might be mistaken for bigfoot at some point in time. They need to put a brand name on the bottom of those shoes just for our convenience.

I sent an email to Coast to Coast to see if I could get some contact info on the person that sent the photo in. That seems to me to be the first step. As for saying "HOAX" before investigating it farther seems like a really negative step in research.

I would like to know the reason behind those assumptions. How can a person look at one track and claim "HOAX". Please let me in on your research secrets. It will surely save me a lot of time and money and make doing research so much easier.

Mike (watch1)

mike, please dont think im a skeptic. i have no doubt that these things exist, and if you read my posts, you'll see why. however, i personally dont think this track in particular, was made by anything other that a human. last year i took my daughter sledding at a county park not far from where i live. while there, i noticed a set of what appeared to be barefoot tracks going away from the parking lot area, and into a trail that goes around a lake there. i thought it was pretty weird that somebody was running in the snow barefooted, so i put my daughter on my shoulders, and followed the tracks. eventually, we caught up with the guy who made them, and he was wearing a pair of those shoes. the tracks that he made, were identical in appearance to the track in the picture. i immediately thought..."these things are gonna cause a lot of people to report bigfoot track sightings!"

i guess i was right! :P

Admin

Well, I usually start with the source. Here we have a pic from the hoax-to-hoax website, so that kinda narrows it down pretty tight.

The other criteria I use to identify hoaxed prints, I'm not revealing because then the hoaxers would adjust and avoid the tell tale signs. Sorry. :D