What To Do If You Find A Body?

Guest Lesmore

I think it would be ....wise :blink: ......to check first, if it is someone in a Gorilla suit. :D

So you have to be careful about taking off digits, heads, what not.... :D:D

Let's get a grip here :) ......I don't think anyone, should be 'removing' anything.....or even moving the body, if indeed BF exists and there is a BF body.

Edited by Lesmore

Guest Woodenbong

No your not alone, Jeff Meldrum would be the one and only person I would contact. I'm pretty sure you could count on him to do the right thing by you

Edited by Woodenbong

Admin

If you had a Bigfoot, Meldrum would be contacting you :lol:

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

My group is trying to decide what we should do if we happen to find a body. Who to contact, how to collect the body ect... I know this is an unlikey event but we want to be prepared if it happens. I would appreciate any advice or sugestions. Thanks Burt

Hi Burt, I've seen some interesting suggestions here so I'll throw in my two cents. If the BF body is found in an area where it's gonna be impossible to move without coming back to the site with equipment, first thing I'd do before I leave the area is to collect the head. I know that sounds kinda creepy, but if you reach way down inside yourself and muster the ability to remove the head, you can take it out with you. Then, I'd return later for the rest of the creature. The reason I'd want to bring out the head first is because I think the creatures remove the bodies of their fallen fairly quickly. If they didn't, we'd already have one by now IMO. I just wish we knew for sure what they do with those bodies.

But, after the remains are collected a series of events needs to take place. First, I'd collect several hair, tissue, and blood samples. Send some samples to research partners in various states and I'd keep some samples for myself in a secret place. Call me paranoid, but if men in black show up and wisk away my newly found BF body discovery, I'll be covered for DNA testing and proof of what I "had".

After the samples have been taken/distributed, then one needs to go to the local TV station and let them get it on camera, I wouldn't say where or how I had discovered the body, and I won't say where it is going when it leaves the TV station. Exit stage left with your BF body ASAP, keep the body cool at about 35 to 37 degrees. (This is only temporary) You really wouldn't want to freeze it. Freezing destroys the cellular walls and much cell research potential is lost. After that, I'd just sit back and wait for the calls to come in. I'm sure there will be a university somewhere that wishes to catalog the species and dissect the body in the name of science.

I don't think it would be a wise choice to contact the police or any authorities. You may find your BF body in the custody of a Government agency. I'd even go as far to say this would be likely. If no laws have been broken, why would anyone need the police? Unless it is a species of known animal, why would anyone need a game warden or animal control? You wouldn't. The only "authority" I would contact would be my attorney. Again, maybe I'm paranoid but better safe than sorry. Chris B.

OMG John that's flippin hilarious.

I know the thought of calling Meldrum et al, sounds like a great idea, but I think you may have a problem finding cell service where you might find a body.

What To Do If You Find A Body? That is a great question! I can't see myself chopping off BF's head with a pocket knife. And, leaving the body where it is to go and get a chain saw seems awfully gruesome. That could also be an epic fail if the body was gone when one returned. Hmmmmm. If it's ok, I guess I better think about this for awhile. Thanks a lot! haha

Guest Thepattywagon

Wouldn't cutting off it's head increase the potential for damage to vocal cords, etc? I would think that one of the more fascinating aspects of this creature that scientists would want to study would be the vocal instrument used to produce all of the sounds they are allegedly capable of.

I think I'd settle for a finger or even a hand. The DNA thing would no longer be an issue with that much tissue.

Most if not all states have a statute that provides that wild animals or wild life are the property of the state -- dead or alive. Accordingly, a dead bf or alive bf is the property of the state. The first thing I would do is contact the police because you might just have a large hairy human being. The second thing I would do is contact the state department of wildlife. Don't tell them it is a bigfoot because they will think you are nuts and hang up. Tell them you have a mutated bear or something like that. I would not touch the dead bf but only take photographs as I am not trained to invisitage the death of a wild animal.

What ever you do, don't haul off the body and put it into a freezer or you will be breaking a whole laundry list of laws and will be subject to fairly severe criminal penalties.

Below is the statutory definition of wildlife in Kentucky. I expect that most states have the same definition. A bf would also likely fall under the definition of protected wildlife or exotic wildlife.

(41) “Wildlife†means any normally undomesticated animal, alive or dead, including without limitations any wild mammal, bird, fish, reptile, amphibian, or other terrestrial or aquatic life, whether or not possessed in controlled environment, bred, hatched, or born in captivity and including any part, product, egg, or offspring thereof, protected or unprotected by this chapter.

Admin

Head and hand, my bigfoot enthusiasts. Head and hand.

The Head could be quite heavy and difficult to carry because of it's shape. I wonder what a fully grown male Sasquatch head weights? If you hiked out there, it may be a fool's errand.

Also, I'm thinking that at the time, you might have the urge to get out of dodge ASAP. You can collect a few digits quickly and they're easy to carry.

Edited by gigantor

Guest Lesmore

I'm no Biologist, but I believe a scraping of the inside mouth would provide a DNA sample and taking a cutting of some hair/fur should be enough.

I don't think it's a good idea to start butchering the body for a host of reasons. To begin with you want it as complete as possible....why get into another credibility battle, having to convince others, that the head, digits belong to this bereft of life body, etc ?

The other thing is...as Mulder has indicated...permits, permission...to which I will add we live ((USA / Canada) in societies that aren't the wild west anymore....you don't go hacking away at an unidentified corpse for any reason.

I don't understand the desire on so many to start hacking various appendages off, etc.

Perhaps someone can "splain it to me Lucy..... :D ?

I don't think you want to leave the body, as some believe BF takes care of it's own and will remove the body.

Most individuals have cell phones....so stay there , describe where you are and call.

Now who are you gonna call ?

Probably as I mentioned before, media, conservation dept. authorities, biological dept. from the local university. These different groups all have a place and because they have different motivations, they will tend to keep each other....honest...if that need is there.

I think if you are calm and convincing on the phone you will be able to get people out. The key is...try to get them out as soon as possible.

I don't have any paranoia that an actual BF is going to be grabbed and secreted away by men in black. That hasn't been my experience up here, in the Great White North.

If BF exists and if a BF happens to shrug off his mortal coil....by you...then you want to ensure things are done properly. You need to have credibility and can't come across as a wild eyed survivalist from the backwoods.

BTW, not saying anyone is a wild eyed survivalist....on this forum...but the public image of those who are interested in BF isn't the greatest...as we all know. Me included. :D

So we don't want to contribute to stereotypical image.

Edited by Lesmore

Guest Thepattywagon

Of course, plopping a fresh cut Sasquatch head on the desk of your local news outlet would offer instant irrefutable proof that they do exist. There would be no waiting for DNA test results.

Guest Spazmo

I've seen a couple of posts here of the opinion that the body should be left undisturbed (for a variety of reasons) and that authorities should be called.

I can't disagree more with this line of thinking. Here is why:

If this is the course followed and nothing comes of it, then all we have is another conspiracy theory.

If I saw what I truly believed to be a dead Bigfoot, I would put all concerns for my personal legal safety aside in favor of the much greater good of discovery. In other words, even if I KNEW I wasn't supposed to do it, I would still remove the head and a hand and do just as Chris said, and spread the samples among as many researchers as possible, along with Dr. Meldrum and any other academics with an interest. I would take whatever punishment the law deemed necessary, and do so without a 2nd thought. Laws, regulations, state ownerships, or any other possible legal stumbling block would simply not enter into my mind. This is something much larger than little old me, and I think any sacrifice made would be worth it to humanity and possibly to BF. I have no problems conducting interviews from a jail cell.

Admin

I remember when Biscardi was on Fox news claiming to have a BF body, some in the press went crying to several agencies of the State of Georgia... they basically said that BF is not a known animal and they're not interested.

Simply do not reveal where you found the animal or sample and then they won't be able to establish jurisdiction.

Even if all that doesn't work, good luck finding an Attorney General that would prosecute such a case, or a jury to convict. This would be the discovery of the animal, it's not like you butchered a bald eagle or something.

Edited by gigantor