Sign in to follow this  

Bob H & The Suit

kitakaze

The ever classic never goes out of style attack on the handle, what are you down to now, Kindergarten playground tactics?

The comment on your handle is based on the fact that it has become a misnomer. You write misinformation constantly. Here again...

That is not the same as it must have had arm extensions, said by the guy you allege to have produced the original suit, but the guy you allege to have worn the suit says nothing about.

You chose yourself to be called "infoman", but it is clear to me that a truly fitting handle would be "opinionman" and your opinions ill informed where the PGF is concerned. Time and again you drop an empassioned huckleberry dare replete with misinformation and bad fact checking dictating about what I owe to whom.

This is just one example that supports my point that mundane details are not viewed as important and may be forgotten. That is not sweeping things under a rug, that is making a cogent and logically defensible point and providing a real world example, try it sometime, you might like it.

Heironimus makes one description of the suit he wore, Morris gives another for the one he sold. You combine them as told by one. Even when you do that you can't get straight who said what. It's the not reading that does it.

Gimlin, amongst many contradictions, tells here that he had Chico because he needed an experienced horse because all his were too young, and there that had Chico for three weeks because he was breaking the horse in for Heironimus - the horse Heironimus rode all over WA mountains. It's not what brand of jeans was Gimlin wearing that day, it is regarding what he was doing with the horse of the only man who has ever made a serious claim to be in the suit, was a friend, and was involved in his and Roger's Bigfoot ventures.

Edited by kitakaze

From the Free Dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/allege)

al•lege ( -l j )

tr.v. al•leged, al•leg•ing, al•leg•es

1. To assert to be true; affirm: alleging his innocence of the charge.

2. To assert without or before proof: The indictment alleges that the commissioner took bribes.

3. To state (a plea or excuse, for example) in support or denial of a claim or accusation: The defendant alleges temporary insanity.

4. Archaic To bring forward as an authority.

Once again Kit, please make sure you actually understand the words you use or react to BEFORE replying, this will go smoother and be far less painful/embarassing.

At this point I simply have to ask because I am unsure, is English your first language? And can you give me an idea of your educational background (level attained and country attended in) so I can level set. Please understand this not meant as a slam or in a derogatory way (I am a non-degreed engineer), but the issues of word choice, context and simple rhetoric just keep coming up and I simply may be being unfair in my expectations and approach.

Now, all that aside, you most certainly assert to be true, that Bob H was the Man in the Suit, and you most certainly have asserted that Phil Morris is the creator of the baseline suit. You do so without or before proof, and you state this in support of your claim the PGF was a hoax. That is alleging, pure and simple.

So follow me now: and reply with no qualifications, with no verbal gymnastics –

Are you now stating that you do not believe Bob H to be the man in the suit, and that you do not believe Phil Morris to be the creator of the baseline suit?

Are you saying that you have never put forth the argument that Bob H was the man in the suit and that you never put forth the argument that Phil Morris?

These are yes or no questions – no other answer is applicable.

As for your repeated attacks on my handle, I will let that slide as a shining example of having effectively reduced your approach to playground antics with the exception of the following challenge. The same online resource referred to above says the following about misinformation:

misinformation

noun false information, gossip, disinformation, misleading information, false rumour, bum steer (U.S. informal) This was a deliberate piece of misinformation.

In my book, as well as in common usage, misinformation is not something that is mistakenly presented, it is deliberate and is used tactically to create an advantage, primarily in combat or legal situations.

Grow a pair and call me a liar if you think I am one, no more dancing around the rules, be a man and stand your ground.

However, if it is just more histrionics, I recommend you try and find more fertile ground, perhaps with any of the issues that have been proposed and questions that have been asked.

Edited by infoman

Guest Spazmo

In post #11 I pointed out a massive Gimlin vs Gimlin contradiction. Not a single PGF believer has tried to deal with it. If I were the Bigfoot believer I was years ago, I would roll up my sleeves and do my best to address that.

Did you think that maybe nobody is addressing it because it's completely off-topic? This thread is called "Bob H. and The Suit", not "who's story has more holes".

You continually throw out the Gimlin stuff in this thread, and act surprised when nobody addresses it? How about YOU address the issues presented that concern Bob H. and the suit? Like the thread title suggests?

Guest Spazmo

The two decades I spent promoting the proponent position says otherwise.

Two decades? At what age did you become a BF proponent?

And if it's not too much to ask, could you show some reference to this idea that you were a proponent? I realize I've asked this before and been answered by a quote from another forum. But surely there must be more? If you were a BF proponent for two decades, there must surely be plenty of material to reference that shows this to be the case, right? You wouldn't expect me (or anyone else) to simply accept this assertion at face value, would you?

And yes, you do allege/assert/claim that the PGF shows a Morris suit, modified or otherwise. Saying otherwise is disingenuous, especially after defending your Morris interviews so diligently. If you were not convinced of (at the very least) some form of involvement by Morris, you would not continue to bring the subject up. Right?