Bigfoot "speech"

I agree that bigfoot doesn't act like any ape I ever read about, but they don't act human either, however I have stated in another thread that I thought they showed some of the same characteristics of behavior as someone with autism. Autism has a lot of variation within the disorder with no two people having exactly the same set of symptoms. There are enough similarities, though, for it to be designated as a type of disorder. Now there is a new concept put out there that this is not a syndrome or disorder at all, but a different pervasive way of being. People with Asperger's seem to do fine in certain jobs, but have major difficulties with socializing. They certainly have a different way of seeing the world. Try spending some time with these folks. They don't understand innuendo at all and take everything you say at face value, definitely concrete thinkers. But honey, they can see details you didn't even know were there, and look ahead six steps to the three you could anticipate in a game of chess. They are also very blunt and if you lie to them you are dismissed, trust is very important to them. It can be kind of refreshing to spend a little time with them because you don't have to worry about making social small talk, and even if they don't show it, that kind of attention and friendship means the world to them. That sounds familiar when thinking about some of the reported bigfoot behavior. I don't think these beings are just feral children. I think they are just some other kind of primate or human that hasn't been categorized officially.

Guest vilnoori

From what I understand they all do it, but it is a EXTREMELY rare privilege to witness it. It has been reported several times in West Virginia, California, and other hotspots. I think they are very reluctant to talk when they know we are around, for fear it will give them way and alert us to their presence. So when we are around almost always it is just the animal mimicking.

Native americans, particularly in the Northern portion of the PNW, spoke often on this. The language was a old native one that died out long before even when the stories were told. It was called the bear language and was only passed on to very few natives. I would say the Biggies pick up the language by observing people in the woods, and, I realize I am going way off the beaten track, but I think they may be taught it at some point in time by natives they lived around. IE they form a close relationship with a local tribe, are taught language, and pass it down from parent to child for many many generations, each time the language falls further and further away from the original and becomes possibly cruder as well.

I do not think it would be possible for us to even learn it in this case, as it simply never existed in human history and we do not really have the hardware to mimic it correctly.

This is a fascinating tidbit. In one of Ken Christiansen's accounts the native hunter hears the the sasquatch woman speak in the old "Douglas" language, which he happens to know because his mother spoke it. As for ancient languages being difficult to speak, have you ever tried to imitates some of the "click" languages such as Xhosa, from South African tribes such as the bushmen? Nigh on impossible. We have simply lost the ability (most of us anyway) to make the sounds. Some of us can't even hear the individual click distinctions.

Guest vilnoori

There were several stories in there that I had not heard before, Southernyahoo, thanks for linking them.

I brought this up in another thread for a different reason, but it is applicable here. One of the precursors to speech is infant crying. There are many reasons given for why you would have never heard a sasquatch baby crying, but it does seem like someone would have reported infant crying deep in the woods if they are capable of it at some point in the last 40-50 years. Has anyone ever bothered to look in areas of high sightings to see if anyone ever reported a suspected abandoned baby or child because they heard crying?

Yes, there are some reports, particularly historic/native reports or accounts of crying. In fact in WA state one tribe admonishes their people to hightail it out of there if you hear an infant crying in the deep forest.

This reminds me of my possible auditory experience, when I was walking along a road near the foothills of Mt. Baker on a quiet Sunday morning. I could hear the stream/creek gurgling. I was consciously walking very quietly as I often do, so as not to alert the wildlife of my presence. I heard what sounded like a very large child humming tunelessly down by the creek. It had a very strangly resonant sound, like someone singing in a culvert. It somehow sounded different from human, but close to human I guess. Along the same stream the previous day, I saw little piles of stones piled up about 7 high in the middle of the creek. The picture suggested itself of a bigfoot child playing with the stones in the creek and humming to itself. The previous day I also had seen tracks crossing the road diagonally, showing up in the mud at the edge of the road right under the cut, like they were crossing the road and going on up the hill to the meadows above. There was a big 17" track and a smaller track with very distinct bare toes. I couldn't measure the length of the smaller track because a vehicle had passed over the back of the track, but on estimate about 8 to 12 inches long. The larger track was unusually flat and deep, the smaller deep but much more curved inside. I have pics of these tracks in my gallery.

PM me the omitted details when you get the chance Branco. B)

I'll go ahead and post it. It's something that should have been mentioned and discussed before.

The witness in the linked report is an African American. When he had the very close, daylight sighting of the creature, they stood motionless only a few feet apart and stared at each other for some time. (When asked, the witness said it seemed neither of them moved for nearly a minute.) After I finished the main part of the interview, I asked him if he was afraid of the animal as they stared at each other. I will never forget what he said, or the unusual tone of his voice when he finally spoke. He said, "No Sir, Mr. Tal, I was wasn't a bit scared of him. In my mind, I just wanted to try to talk to him, because he looked just like me in the face; he looked like one of us."

This witness is one of several African Americans in southern Alabama who have stated the faces of of the animals they saw were dark grey in color and the facial features were human-like in appearance. In that part of Alabama, the older area residents' name for these creatures was "Hairy Men".

For those not familiar with Clarke County you should know that its southern bounderies are the Alabama River (to the east) and the Tombigbee River (to the west). These rivers join at the southern tip of the county. At that point, the two rivers become the Mobile River which empties into Mobile Bay about 35 (straight-line) miles further south. The areas along all three rivers are predominantly marshes and swamps which have generated hundreds of credible reports of "hairy men" for generations.

In the late 1700's until about 1850, the largest African slave auction in Alabama was located in Mobile. Newspapers

of those times, and other historical documents describe many instances of escape of Africans held in captivity there. The Mobile River basin offered those slaves the best avenue of escape with the least chance of being recaptured. The area no doubt contained a population of Bigfoot as well. I ask the reader to consider the possibilities.

Now, a bit about "Bigfoot speech". Yes, they have a language. I have heard one speaking and saw "him" within seconds of first hearing "him" walk past my sound dish which was about 50' from my camper shell where I was sleeping. "He" was alone, and apparently mumbling, talking and grunting to "himself". It was 2:00am, and "he" walked straight to the back of the pickup. I could only see "his" form through the condensation covering both sides of the glass. He was close to nine feet tall. When he was "talking", it sounded like some old Native American language being spoken in a very deep bass voice at low volume, and there were somewhat ape-like, short snarling grunts mixed with the sounds of human-like speech. (A little more to the story, but nothing more about "speech".

Regarding language; Possible? Sure. Do some people claim hearing it? Yes. Does everyone who has an experience admit it? No. Numerous investigators tell me privately what they heard. It is similar to things I have heard when on the phone with people in the field

who were willing to let me listen. Sounds like people talking in the distance. But when amped up, you cant id the words. When its backed up by footprints or observations you do have to look at it seriously. Are we ready for this? Some are. Is it really speech? Sounds like it to me. But that does not verify it. Its interesting that there are man and woman voices.

Regarding language; Possible? Sure. Do some people claim hearing it? Yes. Does everyone who has an experience admit it? No. Numerous investigators tell me privately what they heard. It is similar to things I have heard when on the phone with people in the field

who were willing to let me listen. Sounds like people talking in the distance. But when amped up, you cant id the words. When its backed up by footprints or observations you do have to look at it seriously. Are we ready for this? Some are. Is it really speech? Sounds like it to me. But that does not verify it. Its interesting that there are man and woman voices.

The vocalizations I heard began just as the creature walked within three feet of my sound dish which was setup in the middle of rocky, dead-end NFR road. His footsteps on the fine,rocky surface woke me up. (My headphones were on my bed beside one ear.) I believe the presence of the sound dish is the reason he started "talking" to himself. The area of the dish and my truck (at a "Y" intersection with both forks being dead-ends) was a spot where one of the creatures often crossed the road. Later, as I lay thinking about those sounds, the tone, volume. and inflexions reminded me of some old farmer checking his watermelon patch in the middle of the night and finding evidence that kids were somewhere inside it. The creature's voice seemed to reflect nothing more than minor irritation. The voice I heard was very much like some of those in the Sierra Sounds recordings, except it was at a lower volume, and at a less excited pitch.

If you will; a "fun" puzzle for the members. At one point in the Sierra Sounds recordings, one of the "creatures" seems to be asking a "question", and the "question" is precisely and quickly repeated. The question has two, pretty distinct words. (In English the question would require three words.) What is the creature asking?

Lighten up, and have fun with the puzzle.

Edited by Branco

BFF Patron

Funny you mentioned the inflection Branco. In my pre-sound recorder days, I heard the inflection of one "mother hen" that sounded like she was chastizing a male companion over being obsessed with harassing the local hairless ones and staying out too late....if this was the case--there are "hen-pecked" BF out and about :lol: . This was all in a rapid language that was non-English and quite goofy (not as Samurai-like as some I have recorded). Maybe yours was on a late-night run with grocery-list in hand (maybe pickles and ice-cream even) and not happy about it, lol. When I find the time I'll re-listen to SS for English words, but I don't recall having ever discriminated them in the past? I've got good phones so if they can be heard I should be able to hear them. Thanks for sharing that stuff.

Funny you mentioned the inflection Branco. In my pre-sound recorder days, I heard the inflection of one "mother hen" that sounded like she was chastizing a male companion over being obsessed with harassing the local hairless ones and staying out too late....if this was the case--there are "hen-pecked" BF out and about :lol: . This was all in a rapid language that was non-English and quite goofy (not a Samurai-like as some I have recorded). Maybe yours was on a late-night run with grocery-list in hand and not happy about it, lol. When I find the time I'll re-listen to SS for English words, but I don't recall having ever discriminated them in the past? I've got good phones so if they can be heard I should be able to hear them. Thanks for sharing that stuff.

Hold it! LOL. I'm sorry I didn't make it clear. The actual "words" you hear are NOT in English, but sound as if they are latin based. Thanks.

BFF Patron

Thanks for clarifying that, I thought my hearing was over-the-hill as often as I've listened to SS.....whew!

I like this one then, all you do is plug in the latin word and then hover over it with your cursor to get the English equivalent (try e pluribus unum, if you don't believe me).

http://www.latinphrasetranslation.com/translators/latin_to_english

Thanks for clarifying that, I thought my hearing was over-the-hill as often as I've listened to SS.....whew!

I like this one then, all you do is plug in the latin word and then hover over it with your cursor to get the English equivalent (try e pluribus unum, if you don't believe me).

http://www.latinphrasetranslation.com/translators/latin_to_english

Latin based. :rolleyes:

BFF Patron

Sorry, but I've been through them all, and this is all I can discern, I must warn you though I'm not sure it's so much Latin-based as xenoglossy:

repetitive whoop :P

Sorry, but I've been through them all, and this is all I can discern, I must warn you though I'm not sure it's so much Latin-based as xenoglossy:

repetitive whoop :P

That's not it. Listen carefully to the back-and-forth between the men and the creature. I believe one of the men tried to mock the question-like phrase after the creature had repeated it. It is worth you time and interest. It was one of a few telling things about that CD. Thanks. (Not pulling your leg.)