Does Bigfoot Require Protection?

I merged the thread Does Bigfoot Really Need Preservation with this one.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Thread merger announcement

I think it does, or it would become overpopulated and expose it's existence. The big question is what kind of protection does it use?

; )

While reading a very interesting chimpanzee blog last night, it occured to me that if bigfoot is recognized and specimens are brought in for study, scientists will want many, many more - for scientific studies and experimentation. It'll likely be shown that they are at least as closely related to human beings as chimpanzees, and they'll want to keep a bunch to do medical experiments on.

That makes me shudder in horror.

So does great ape experimentation, but can you imagine a possibly sentient creature being experimented on? Can you imagine a family of bigfoot in cages being used as test subjects? Might as well call in any present day Dr. Mengele types.

The worst of the human race will be exposed (again).

Recognition does not convey protection.

The best way to protect Big Foot is to leave them alone and leave them undiscovered they don't need our help at least not right now they don't. The government knows all about Big Foot and have a group of researchers who's job is studying them and have been doing so for almost thirty years. I was told by some of these researchers that the spotted owl wasn't the only thing land was set aside for. Big Foot is taught from birth to stay out if the sight of humans just like were taught not to play in traffic. It's a part of who they are and when your taught from birth how to hide you tend to get really good at it. It still would be nice to have some laws on the books to stop people from harming them, but to pass laws first you have to prove they exist. And if you prove they exist you open them up to all kinds of dangers humans would put on them, IMO if would be the beginning of the end for them. Does Big Foot need protection? yes and no, the question should be who do they need protection from?