Sign in to follow this  
Crowlogic

Roger Filmed Pgf From Horseback

kitakaze

Don't you think that if I'm going to have a thread like this..... (at your suggestion I might add) that I'm not going to demand that you break some sort of a sweat over the things your chief witness says about this film?

You can demand I break a sweat, but until I see proof and not Crowlogic clackety-clakety, you'll have not a bead. Cucumber, as in cool as a...

kitakaze

It was pretty flat there? Well I guess then the joint wasn't all full of uprooted tree hollows just begging for Bob to duck into if danger struck.

The film site was pretty flat too. But you can look at photos as well as I. Roger was not roping or doing yabusame, thoug, he was moving across a creek with a camera, which according to Heironimus, he did ahorse. That proof coming? I could use a could sweat sitting here on the computer.

Crowlogic

You can demand I break a sweat, but until I see proof and not Crowlogic clackety-clakety, you'll have not a bead. Cucumber, as in cool as a...

Until you see proof? Well why not deliver the proof that backs up what Bob H says? You can't and you won't. But you can directly ask Bob but you won't. Find us any other observation that suggests that Roger Patterson was not on foot and on horseback when he filmed the PGF. Sorry all the horsemen shooting arrows on a course isn't going to get Roger on a horse running a camera filming at Bluff Creek.

kit, it's very plain to me that you have never rode a horse!your well out of your comfort zone in this area.your top two pics show off your lack of knowleadge on horsemanship.

Bill

Kit:

In the lookback, when John Green recreated it, he was in one of his lower camera positions, like he was kneeling, to try and match Roger's position. If Roger was on horseback, John would more likely need a step ladder to get to a higher position to match things up. And in some of his footage, John's even higher than his McClarin filming height. So guess he had a good tall ladder and moved up three more steps for the rest of his filming.

As to the "look ma, no hands" riding, yeah, people do it all the time. But aren't the horses are pretty well trained for specific actions while the rider does the thing? I don't know and I've riden a real slow horse maybe three times in my life, so I'll wisely defer to more experienced horse people here.

Bill

kitakaze

Kit:

In the lookback, when John Green recreated it, he was in one of his lower camera positions, like he was kneeling, to try and match Roger's position. If Roger was on horseback, John would more likely need a step ladder to get to a higher position to match things up. And in some of his footage, John's even higher than his McClarin filming height. So guess he had a good tall ladder and moved up three more steps for the rest of his filming.

As to the "look ma, no hands" riding, yeah, people do it all the time. But aren't the horses are pretty well trained for specific actions while the rider does the thing? I don't know and I've riden a real slow horse maybe three times in my life, so I'll wisely defer to more experienced horse people here.

Bill

Bill, when McClarin did the walk a year later with Green he said there were only a few indistinct impressions remaining of what had been the short trackway he saw just after the PGF came out. He said he was winging it when he was doing the walk affter walking by those few faint impressions. I'm going to need some proof.

I won't defer to horse people. Roger was a rodeo rider. If he couldn't handle a wee little Cine Kodak 100 in a rekatively flat area, than his horsemanship has been greatly exaggerated.

kitakaze

kit, it's very plain to me that you have never rode a horse!your well out of your comfort zone in this area.your top two pics show off your lack of knowleadge on horsemanship.

I am so experienced with horses that I fell of one's butt when I was four and allowed one to take me wherever it pleased when trying to score points with my rider girlfriend when I was 14. Oh, what a wild Philly she was. The horse was nice too. I am not a horse guy. My mother is a horse person, but I would rather ride a motorcycle than a horse.

I have been on a horse and observed horses just enough that riding on the surface we can see at Bluff Creek while holding a camera is not a big deal for a rider like Patterson. If you have something that can make that an impossibility for me, please set it out.

Thepattywagon

I agree with Bill that there would have been at least a piece of horse hide on one of the frames if Roger did the shot from his mount.

Crowlogic

Yup Roger's horsemenship has indeed been exaggerated. After all he was thrown from his horse when the Sasquatch appeared and had the devil of a time getting his K-100 trained on the subject. Yessir even Nat Geo can be quoted as saying "Patterson hit the dirt".

kitakaze

Until you see proof? Well why not deliver the proof that backs up what Bob H says? You can't and you won't. But you can directly ask Bob but you won't. Find us any other observation that suggests that Roger Patterson was not on foot and on horseback when he filmed the PGF. Sorry all the horsemen shooting arrows on a course isn't going to get Roger on a horse running a camera filming at Bluff Creek.

OK, so you're going to have a thread on the filming from horseback things with no proof that is impossible. I was looking forward to some kimchi sweats. I see that it's not going to happen.

My proof of Bob's claims is for a film. You can always send me a PM about what makes you special enough to share it with you first. I was hoping this thread would give me some tough questions for Bob Heironimus.

kitakaze

Yup Roger's horsemenship has indeed been exaggerated. After all he was thrown from his horse when the Sasquatch appeared and had the devil of a time getting his K-100 trained on the subject. Yessir even Nat Geo can be quoted as saying "Patterson hit the dirt".

He even had a bent stirrup to show for it. No, wait. Scratch that. Patty encounter v. 1.5. Not the one with the both horses throwing riders. The one where he did the Legolas off the back of the horse and extracted the camera while doing it one handed. He even practiced the move. Just ask Gimlin.

Kinda of walked into that one, didn't you? ;)

Why is this surprising, John? You know I think BH is Patty, so why would I think he is lying about this? I need proof he could not have been a horse. If I get it, I pick up the phone and tell Bob that Roger could not have been on his horse the way he said he was and that he has not been honest with me.

Sure you can Kaze you don't always need proof, just ask the man. Pick up the phone and say "Bob it is more difficult for me to believe that Roger was filming from a horse then on foot, are you sure this is what happened?

my best advice Kit, is stick to your motorcycle!you know about as much on riding a horse, than I do about the fiscal policies of uzbekistan!

Crowlogic

OK, so you're going to have a thread on the filming from horseback things with no proof that is impossible. I was looking forward to some kimchi sweats. I see that it's not going to happen.

My proof of Bob's claims is for a film. You can always send me a PM about what makes you special enough to share it with you first. I was hoping this thread would give me some tough questions for Bob Heironimus.

Nothing special about me. But while I'm not special I am astute enough to appreciate that the film we debate was shot by a person on foot. Once again you've got nothing to construct a valid argument that Bob H is telling the truth that Roger filmed on horseback. Nothing Zip! As already posted John Green sought to lower his perspective to align better with Roger's. Also each and every photo shoot by post filming researchers had them off horseback or otherwise elevated position and each and every photo coinsides with that of a person being on a natural footing/normal for them elevation.

kitakaze

I agree with Bill that there would have been at least a piece of horse hide on one of the frames if Roger did the shot from his mount.

It's not an unfair supposition, but I think keeping sideways is not unreasonable. Nevertheless, there is nothing that actually dictates that Roger remain on the horse the whole time, but he did say Roger and Bob rode up on their horses quickly after.

Sign in to follow this