Biped Or All Fours?

Guest mizzousquatchn

I am the person that took the picture.

They don't look the same to me, but I have no way of knowing how they look to anybody else.

While I think it would definitely make sense for a biped to get down on all fours to drink? (I do it all the time in the woods) I would kneel down on my knees and then forward onto my arms. In that picture I'm assuming the bigfoot would have been on his hands and FEET, and not knees?

And while I wasn't there at the site, so obviously I'm only judging from the photo? I'd say that is a bear in that picture. The front tracks look fairly round and the rear track is just a bit more oblong. And the outside toes look like there are claw marks on the hind foot impression. But definitely the forward impressions are smaller than the hind impression.

Again Sas, I wasn't there. Was there any sort of right hind foot impression?

I would have given that theory some consideration, too, but at that time a bear hadn't been seen around here in at least 75 years. There has been a rumor that some have been relocated in the river bottom north of here in the past year, but that picture was taken almost 5 years ago.

There wasn't even a scuff mark where the right foot should have been.

If it was a bear, why were there no claw marks on the front tracks?

BFF Patron

Bear do not always impress claw marks in front paw prints, I have seen several black bear tracks without these, sometimes if you study a track very closely what doesn't seem to have front claw marks will have just barely perceptible holes from the end of the claws.

I would have given that theory some consideration, too, but at that time a bear hadn't been seen around here in at least 75 years. There has been a rumor that some have been relocated in the river bottom north of here in the past year, but that picture was taken almost 5 years ago.

Understood, what general area (state) was this picture taken?

There wasn't even a scuff mark where the right foot should have been.

Was the substrate harder there?

If it was a bear, why were there no claw marks on the front tracks?

My only guess is that the mud at the front tracks is much more saturated in water, and doesn't hold a impression as well.

Do you agree that I'm observing claw marks on the back left impression? Or I'm I mistaking?

Again, you were there and I was not, I can only make a assessment from the photo.

They are NOT bear tracks. There are NO BEARS here.

If you live there, you would know.

But I do know that sometimes federal/state wildlife dept's can be a little "sneaky" for political reasons about transplants.

Was the substrate harder there?

No, it was soft far enough out from the foot track, that the other foot should have at least left a mark of some kind.

Do you agree that I'm observing claw marks on the back left impression? Or I'm I mistaking?

I didn't see anything that looked like claw marks. Still don't.

I have never heard of a bear being seen within 100 miles of here. My father was raised here, & lived here all his life, & he said he never knew of anyone seeing a bear here. So, it would be extremely unlikely that a bear would be drinking from my pond.

On the other hand, I have hair, vocal recordings, & have seen BF here at least 30 times, probably more. Other people have seen & heard them here. Dozens of other people that I personally know of, have seen them within a 10-15 mile radius of here. Several people have told me stories that have been in their family for generations of encounters with “shadow peopleâ€.

Then there’s the video of at least 7, (Sunflower tells me she sees two or three more), that was filmed within spitting distance of where those tracks were.

After considering all this, I find it a lot more likely that BF would be drinking from my pond, than that a bear would.

Edited by Sasfooty

No, it was soft far enough out from the foot track, that the other foot should have at least left a mark of some kind.

I have never heard of a bear being seen within 100 miles of here. My father was raised here, & lived here all his life, & he said he never knew of anyone seeing a bear here. So, it would be extremely unlikely that a bear would be drinking from my pond.

On the other hand, I have hair, vocal recordings, & have seen BF here at least 30 times, probably more. Other people have seen & heard them here. Dozens of other people that I personally know of, have seen them within a 10-15 mile radius of here. Several people have told me stories that have been in their family for generations of encounters with “shadow peopleâ€.

Then there’s the video of at least 7, (Sunflower tells me she sees two or three more), that was filmed within spitting distance of where those tracks were.

After considering all this, I find it a lot more likely that BF would be drinking from my pond, than that a bear would.

Gotcha.

Thanks for sharing the photo with us!

Sasfooty ,Did your father ever report seeing and hearing strange things there as well? Those impressions in the mud remind me a bit of those half tracks Meldrum found in the trackway he observed. Could they be horse tracks? The circled area looks like there are toes there. Did you happen to notice any difference in the size of the toes?

No, there were no horses in the pasture where that pond is.

He never said anything about hearing anything, but he always said if I went outside at night, "The Booger Man would get me". Sometimes he would call him the "red eyed booger man". I wish I had known they were here when he was alive & could have asked what he knew about them.

Yes, I circled the toes because the crust broke when it was stepped on, & broke into a point in front of the toes. Most people looked at the point & didn't notice the toes. I could tell that the toe on the far right was bigger than the others, but pieces of mud had fallen in around the smaller ones, & I didn't try to get them out because I didn't want to damage it.

• masterbarber locked this topic