Biped Or All Fours?

Guest mizzousquatchn

Guest mizzousquatchn

Just starting the topic to see where everyone stands on this.... Do you believe BF can and does on occas. go to all fours for locomotion. And if so, why? Thanks!!!!

I will take a shot at it. If they exist as we think, it would make sense that they be able to move as silently and quickly as possible for hunting and detection purposes. Many areas of forests are thick with lower branches and being able to move with speed through these areas may allow them to escape detection or chase down prey. If they were only bipedal, their movement may be more restricted such as a human and thus limit them to areas that were more open. Sometimes when I follow deer trails, its very difficult for me to stay on trail when the trail leads through thick and marshy areas. Having the ability to move quickly either bipedal or on all fours would be a big advantage in the forests.

All this is just a WAG though and I have no idea if they have this ability. UPs

They will hunt in 4X4 mode to give them extra speed in short distances, they also will cross open areas in 4X4 mode to avoid detection. I've seen a whole troop cross a field in 4X4 mode, initially giving me the impression that it was cows or other animals in the darkness, until they reached the tree line, then stood up and walked into the woods.

With an animal the height of a bigfoot, 4X4 mode and belly crawling are part of their stealth. In Oklahoma and Arkansas, it's accepted by the researchers there, that Bigfoot does go in 4X4 mode quite often. Next time you see what you think is possibly a bear moving across the field, better look a little closer, it may be a Bigfoot crossing in 4X4 mode. And for those who will claim that the reports don't show this trait of Bigfoot, they need to dig deeper, the International Bigfoot Society had multiple reports from across the country that shows Bigfoot were in 4X4 mode.

Guest Lesmore

Probably occasionally go on all fours....as far as I know many of the more primitive, primates do.

If that is the case maybe when we're looking for them, we should adjust our eye level, whilst scanning the deep forests...to about 3-4 feet high...rather then looking 6-8 feet high. :D

And.....if they exist....believe me they are primitive....no where near the sophistication of a human being.

I'd have to say can go on all fours. But only does so when trying to be stealthy or when getting ready for a four legged jump of a few meters to grab some prey animal.

I think that if someone is looking for Bigfoot that every level of the enviroment should be examined.There are lots of reports of belly crawling and bigfoot climbing trees.

Guest parnassus

They will hunt in 4X4 mode to give them extra speed in short distances, they also will cross open areas in 4X4 mode to avoid detection. I've seen a whole troop cross a field in 4X4 mode, initially giving me the impression that it was cows or other animals in the darkness, until they reached the tree line, then stood up and walked into the woods.

With an animal the height of a bigfoot, 4X4 mode and belly crawling are part of their stealth. In Oklahoma and Arkansas, it's accepted by the researchers there, that Bigfoot does go in 4X4 mode quite often. Next time you see what you think is possibly a bear moving across the field, better look a little closer, it may be a Bigfoot crossing in 4X4 mode. And for those who will claim that the reports don't show this trait of Bigfoot, they need to dig deeper, the International Bigfoot Society had multiple reports from across the country that shows Bigfoot were in 4X4 mode.

did they leave tracks?

Just starting the topic to see where everyone stands on this.... Do you believe BF can and does on occas. go to all fours for locomotion. And if so, why? Thanks!!!!

Great questions!

Ok... yes...

Why I think they do it: It greatly aids in locomotion... like going from 2wd to 4wd...

Why I think they do it: Many reports of them doing so... Oh yeah... and I witnessed it for myself... that too...

For those who saw one walking on all fours, how were the legs and arms used? Did they knuckle walk like a chimp or gorilla and how did the bend their legs?

Try to walk on all fours yourself. You'll see it's not easy, as our legs are longer than our arms, and the whole knee thing makes it awkward. The longer legs with the human knee gives a frog like appearance when on all fours.

In any case, I'm just trying to imagine the mechanics involved.

Guest BartloJays

Oh yeah... and I witnessed it for myself... that too...

Yes sir....same here as you know.

What took me by surprise and still amazes me three years later was the fast & very agile movements when down 4x4 (amazing use of leverage to maneuver low considering its anatomical body shape)

Guest Creekfreak

Ive seen it 5 times for sure and a few times I cant be sure twice no more then 30 feet away first one was in thick brush so I could not see the hands the other one was at night in the open there was a light on him his skin was jet black so it was hard to see if his hands where half open or closed fisted but he was on his knuckles his palms where not flat on the ground .

I inspected the area the next morning and saw what looked to be knuckle prints like it was just useing 2 fingers for support it was puzzleing

• masterbarber locked this topic