slabdog

"Search For Bigfoot" Alleged Sasquatch Image

Okiesquatchartist said:

By now most of us should be used to the fact that not everyone's opinion is going to be the same. We may be our own worst enemy at times but if other pictures exist, not releasing them would be doing this photo injustice.

Oh, I have been around a long time - and am okay with the varying opinions. I can actually see this from both sides of the argument - for and against - this being a legitimate Bigfoot photo. So far no one has said anything about the photo I have not said myself. But - what is the benefit for a witness to release anything when they are being drug through the mud? No one can prove this witness has done anything wrong - and yet he has been accused of flat out hoaxing within 5 minutes of the photo's release. I expected that - but this witness is not a part of this community - so how much should this witness have to deal with?

People are upset because I will not disclose the name of this witness. Honestly, that is the one thing I am the happiest about.

Guest okiesquatchartist

I wouldn't disclose the name either, simply because something as controversial as this photo can label a person as a hoaxer. Honestly, the person who provided the photo to you should have known that it would stir up all kinds of mess. Or maybe they didn't who knows. But the fact is, its out now and if they have better photos then it may lessen the criticism. Me personally, if I provided this much I would certainly provide the rest. Not everyone is the same tho.

Okiesquatchartist:

I think you and I understand the "mess" that can be created by something like this - but those who spend no time within this community, have no idea the can of worms they are opening, when they step forward with so much as a story - add in a visual and all H-E double hockey sticks breaks loose. LOL.

This witness was so worried about being called crazy - I don't even think he thought about those that would call him a hoaxer - after the professional 5 minute evaluation time period had elapsed.. B)

OntarioSquatch

OntarioSquatch - if you don't mind, could you tell me why you are so certain this is real?

I can tell it's not a costume. I don't know any costumes that have shiny skin like that and the overall body shape is something I would expect a real live Sasquatch to have. The witness also snapped photos of it when it walked away, which kinda rules out a well made sculpture as well.

Lol you didnt warn him?

Oh, I warned and warned him. But every witness thinks their situation will be treated differently. I wish I had that optimistic outlook.

OntarioSquatch said:

The witness also snapped photos of it when it walked away

Caution here - we do not know that for certain. While it is a possibility - the witness has neither confirmed or denied this.

Guest okiesquatchartist

Well its unfortunate that the enthusiasts will not get to see the other photos. But hey, it is what it is. Can't force the man.

Okiesquatchartist - Please understand.. I did not say the other photos would not be released. I am saying that right now - this is not being discussed.

I hope this does not come across as rude - but there is a larger issue here that I really don't think many even consider. We want these people to come forward with their information and "evidence" - but when they do - it's like a tidal wave of people to see who can be the first to yell "hoax". Then we wonder why the witnesses go back on silent mode..... Yes, they should answer questions. But there are some who see the word "witness" and their normal filter for polite conversation goes off - and the claws come out.

I think it's sad, and we do it to ourselves.

Cisco

Melissa

I don't think I ever asked if you had seen the other photos? If so, are they all taken from behind, like the one you posted?

Also, has the witness told you if he continues to have contact with this creature?

As an aside, keeping the witness anonymous was the best thing you could have done. People would have terrorized him, if his info was made public.

This photos continues to be plausible as nobody has been able to find a matching suit or costume and nor do I think anybody will find anything to match it. If this is a hoax, then it was a custom job by somebody with a lot of talent, time and money. Like everybody else, I just wish there was more.

Thanks for your answers.

Guest okiesquatchartist

Okiesquatchartist - Please understand.. I did not say the other photos would not be released. I am saying that right now - this is not being discussed.

I hope this does not come across as rude - but there is a larger issue here that I really don't think many even consider. We want these people to come forward with their information and "evidence" - but when they do - it's like a tidal wave of people to see who can be the first to yell "hoax". Then we wonder why the witnesses go back on silent mode..... Yes, they should answer questions. But there are some who see the word "witness" and their normal filter for polite conversation goes off - and the claws come out.

I think it's sad, and we do it to ourselves.

Oh I can agree with you on all of that. The unfortunate fact of the matter is--until the evidence is fully conclusive, it will be looked upon as a hoax. Today I am starting a group for Bigfoot research where I live--and hopefully I can influence people to step forward with evidence as well as collect and present evidence of my own.

Cisco said:

Like everybody else, I just wish there was more.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Okiesasquatchartist: I wish you all the best with your new group. If you're near the Kiamichi's or the Ouachita's - you have fantastic areas to explore. I'm jealous :) LOL.

Guest okiesquatchartist

Going to the Ouachitas next weekend. Southeast Oklahoma Bigfoot Research and Preservation Society. Look for us on Facebook!

Hello Cisco,

I thought I would come here and check this thread - I have not checked it for comments or questions in some time. It was then I realized you had asked me questions I did not answer.. There is an explanation for you Cisco - and I hope you understand.

I don't think I ever asked if you had seen the other photos? If so, are they all taken from behind, like the one you posted?

No, I have not. I remember this question coming from you at the time - and honestly I was a bit angry. Not at you - but because I had already heard about a specific blogger who posted an article stating - I had not only seen these "other photos" but they were in my possession - and he put a number of photos out there (5, I believe. I can tell you, due to emails with the witness - the actual number of photos would most probably be far more than 5.. I say that because this is a situation that has been ongoing for years).

The implication being - I was lying to everyone. I was then bombarded with angry emails from "researchers" who thought I was lying to the community or getting ready to out this animal and put it in danger. I received all kinds of threats (which I refer to as love notes). 99.9% of these people I had never heard of before.

This blogger never emailed me or contacted me in anyway to try and confirm or deny the information he said he had. Why should he - he has "sources" that would never lie to him right.. Or, he is just making it up as he goes along.

So, I felt at the time the best thing to do was to say nothing, less I be banned from this site. This blogger is still saying others have seen these photos - and that is not true either - at least they have not seen them through this witness. But no - I have not seen the other photos the witness says he has. I am still in contact with him though.

Also, has the witness told you if he continues to have contact with this creature?

I am not sure about this. For now that is all I can say on this question.

As an aside, keeping the witness anonymous was the best thing you could have done. People would have terrorized him, if his info was made public.

This photos continues to be plausible as nobody has been able to find a matching suit or costume and nor do I think anybody will find anything to match it. If this is a hoax, then it was a custom job by somebody with a lot of talent, time and money. Like everybody else, I just wish there was more.

Thank you. The only promises I ever made to this witness were in regards to his identity and his whereabouts. This witness has done nothing wrong - at least no one has proven that yet and here we are getting ready to head into a new year - and still this is an unanswered question. You're right - whether this photo shows a living breathing animal or a good hoax - is still undecided. People can say what they want - but until the how is at least answered this is still an open investigation. The witness however vehemently denies this is a hoax of any kind, and always has.

When I released this photo I hoped someone would come forward and say they had information about this.. No dice. Lots of speculation, gossip and rumors but no hard facts to call this real or a hoax. I sat on this for 4 years - hoping to one day be able to prove it's a hoax or real. I couldn't do it. I showed it to those closest to me and witnesses. No dice. I am honestly beginning to believe the mystery of this photo will never be solved. I really did think someone in this community could figure it out. Now - that's not to say I have not heard from people who have a lot of experience in various backgrounds - but the issue of "real or hoax" is still up in the air.

I still get emails from the "its a suit" crowd. I appreciate their insight but they have not said anything that proves this is a hoax. I also hear from witnesses who compare what they have seen to this photo. I find these emails from witnesses the most interesting. Even if we can't prove or disprove this photo - it can be used as a tool with witness I guess. It does seem to help them - it gives them something to point to as either being very close to what they seen, identical to what they seen, or not even close.. But, they always point out the differences - which I find very interesting. Why do I say that? It is my firm belief (after many years working with witnesses in a legal capacity) if they are making up a story - they do not want to be nailed down to specifics.. If someone is hoaxing a bigfoot sighting - I firmly believe they would be no different and if they were hoaxing their encounter - being nailed down to specifics on what they seen would be the last thing they would want. I would expect a hoaxer (or most) to simply dismiss this photo immediately. But the large majority do not. They make comparisons, little changes between what they seen vs. this photo. It's really very interesting for me and other researchers who are using this photo as a tool with their own witnesses.

I hope this answers your questions. I apologize again for the very slow reply. Sometimes - we have to step back and just take a break for our own good. :)