slabdog

"Search For Bigfoot" Alleged Sasquatch Image

Cervelo

Not to derail (mods feel free to delete and I will start a new thread) but I think it is of interest and relative to the discussion of photo evidence.

This is a piece of test footage I found while looking for the Bigman trailer.

Could you imagine if this was posted as real!!!!

Edited by Cervelo

the head is shaped odd, the traps and shoulders look massive,the traps look like they go right to the head,no neck, the lats are also massive,

great depth to the spinal column. It does look simular to the apple picker in vermont (of coarse with the big if on both of them)

Slide-1.jpg

Edited by zigoapex

Guest boelens79

My opinion is that the image lacks scale to accurately determine in my mind if this is actually a real being. It could be a very nicely done sculpture/model and easily achieved in the right hands. The hair and underlining skin/muscle is a nice touch and very believable, but can be created. My other concern is how close the subject is sitting in front of the foliage. It would appear to me that it is practically touching it it’s so close. Other than that it’s pretty cool!

Ari

Edited by boelens79

MikeG

You guys talking about the foliage being so close to the camera.........surely this could be a cropped section of a photo? Therefore, that foliage could be 30 or 40 feet from the camera? Couldn't it? I dunno........just asking.

Mike

Guest bmartin

Kinda looks like the left arm at the bottom just fades away, or is not even there. To me at least...

big1.jpg

big2.jpg

Guest Strick

boelens79, Yes, you are correct. It doesn't look like a suit, but the effect could be readily created by fixing strands of hair into a sculpture. It appears almost clay-like. However, the view from the back makes this impossible to determine.

Edited by Strick

I was thinking the same thing bmartin. Maybe that part of the photo was cropped?

MikeG

I'm guessing that that is simply the edge of the area illuminated by the flash.

Mike

Guest bmartin

It looks to me like somebody took a picture of something straight down. Like stand up and look straight down at your foot

Big Stinky

Well we should get some mileage from this one .

The real deal or a very well done effect. They paid attention to anatomical detail. The hair would have to have been insert individually. Looks a little too good for a trail cam however. Also, good point above regarding the height placement of the camera not making sense. The biggest flag however is the obvious lack of details behind the story ..big flag ...

Stinky

Guest BackInAction

If it was a cropped zoomed photo, there is no way it came from a trail cam. Even this mini-version that was published looks far too clear for a cropped/zoomed trail cam photo. Trail cams are built for identification and counting, not for National Geographic photos.

Would there be that much color for a night photo? Or does the cam's flash go off even if it is daylight?

If there is a flash, would the BF stick around for a "series" of photos a suggested in the blog posting?

Edited by BackInAction

slabdog

I'll say this....if it is a hoax...and if they created this subject....they must be skilled craftsmen...(just my layman's thoughts...I am interested to hear Bill Munn's thoughts)

I do find myself wondering where the leaves, twigs and cockleburs are.....don't you think it would be covered with them?

Head size & slope of the shoulders don't seem to match too well. Matching their shoulder widths seems to put them out of scale.

Also, if the trailcam has a large F-stop (greater depth of field), then the foliage in the background will be in focus and appear closer than it actually is.

post-337-0-76786100-1330025428_thumb.png

The trailcam pic looks ok, but without any provenance (or worse, an anonymous source), this one is dead in the water until the witness comes clean. Interesting hair pattern tho. Even appears to have a crease in the spine, which is atypical of suits such as the image on the right.

Cisco

I mentioned in an earlier post that an ear is visible on the right side. That, as well as the hair and muscularity, are incredible details. Most people, if hoaxing this, would have set it up so the haior covered the ear. Furthermore, if it was hoaxed, I would expect to see a lot more hair.

Of course, it could be fake but it would have required a lot of effort and skill. In short, a lot of money.

Why would somebody create a hoax photo and then have Melissa Hovey, hold it for 4 years and not take credit for personal gain?