slabdog

"Search For Bigfoot" Alleged Sasquatch Image

Cervelo

I don't think most people would spend a lot of money to hoax anything.

But just like the test video I posted above.

You find something or have access to some photos or footage.

Send it to a researcher with no back up and let the fun begin!

Particle Noun

Yeah, its the anonymous mysterious nature of this which makes it completely irrelevant to me. What interests me about the Ketchum project is that, apparently, much care was taken to document evidence collection and handling, and only samples with verifiable provenance were accepted into the study. With no hidden or anonymous sources, it should be a bit more credible than mysterious 'trail cam' pics like this.

• Upvote 1

Shelly

If this is a trailcam pic it looks like the camera was 2 feet from a bush and the figure is sandwiched in between. Also, how did the figure get into this position? Is there a picture of him walking up to the camera or did he back up and slide in between the bush and camera?

Big Stinky

Head size & slope of the shoulders don't seem to match too well. Matching their shoulder widths seems to put them out of scale.

Also, if the trailcam has a large F-stop (greater depth of field), then the foliage in the background will be in focus and appear closer than it actually is.

post-337-0-76786100-1330025428_thumb.png

The trailcam pic looks ok, but without any provenance (or worse, an anonymous source), this one is dead in the water until the witness comes clean. Interesting hair pattern tho. Even appears to have a crease in the spine, which is atypical of suits such as the image on the right.

Great comparison here....it looked similiar at first but now there are glaring differences. Because of the lack of "neck" and because there is no way to hide seams from a head piece it appears that if this is a hoax it would be a model not a costume as the dimensions do not seems very human-like

Guest Strick

Have to say, I don't see an ear, I think the lighter patches just extend all over the body and head. I don't see much muscle definition either, just bulk. Given the thinness of the hair, I would expect to see more definition.

On the other hand, the 'stoopedness' and thinning of the hair, perhaps a certian amount of greying too, are indicative of a weaker, older individual. I could argue a case that it is these specimens that become careless in older age and get themselves caught on game cams. The Vermont apple picker and the Larry Surface creature spring to me mind - though the latter was, of course, bald rather than shaggy.

UPs

Cool picture, but if it is from a trailcam, would you agree that it is a night shot? I have a few trailcams and one is at least 10 years old and uses a regular flash and 35mm film. That is the only camera that I have that takes color night shots. I think most all digital ones are black and white IR. Anyone know if this is definitely digital and if so, what kind of digital night cam takes color pics? It sure looks like IR was used to light it up because of the immediate fading on the left arm and bottom of the picture, but I am not a camera expert. For those who are, what type/brand of trailcam in 2007/2008 would take this kind of nightshot? UPs

....my digital cams are bushnell and all black and white when the IR is on. Maybe some expensive ones can take color IR.

Cotter

First off, pretty cool photo real BF or not.

Second, we're not sure of the type of trail cam used. There are some pretty expensive high tech high def units out there.

Third, I think what people are seeing as shrubs is really an overhanging branch. Most folks will hang a cam about eye level, which would have been under said overhanging branch. Could be that this BF came up from behind the tree and passed in front of it, camera flashed before the BF could 'duck' the branch. I've many a photos of deer coming up from behind the trail cam and the first pic is a snap of the back of its head.

I too would love to hear what Mr. Munns has to say about it as well.

Thanks.

Guest Strick

Am I right in thinking we have no idea in which State this shot was taken?

I hope it's Florida, Louisiana or one of the others with very mild winters because, as someone at the very beginning of the thread hinted, this fella's gonna get pretty chilly in the winter with hair that thin.

If he's not a sculpture, that is...

BFSleuth

THIS IMAGE IS CROPPED FROM THE ORIGINAL IMAGE.

Read the article from the OP link. It explains that the image provided to the blogger was cropped out of a larger image. Any discussion about how it "looks too close to the bushes" etc. seem to be assuming this isn't a cropped image. Let's let that particular thread of argument retire please.

BFSleuth

My first impression regarding skin color is that it tends toward gray or light brown like the color of deer hide, not "caucasian white". This jives with sighting reports I've read.

The hair looks patchy and uneven and looks like hair and not fur, which also seems to correlate with sightings.

The shape of the back and lack of neck correlate well with sightings.

The problem with the image is really the current lack of ability to corroborate anything. In this community a picture really isn't worth a thousand words unless you can back it up with at least a witness statement.

slabdog

I hope it's Florida, Louisiana or one of the others with very mild winters because, as someone at the very beginning of the thread hinted, this fella's gonna get pretty chilly in the winter with hair that thin.

post-395-0-03455300-1330030852.png

You'll notice that while it get's much warmer in LA in the summer, the lows in the winter are not all that different than on the costal side of the PNW.

Guest Strick

Slabdog, point taken, but I'd add that not all Sasquatch reports in the PNW are of the 'Raincoast Sasquatch' variety, there are just as many from areas like Mt Hood in Oregon or the Cascades National Park in WA which get MUCH colder than LA in the winter. It is pure speculation that these creatures all migrate to lower ground in the colder months.

Actually, I almost didn't make the point about the hair because, on second thoughts, I think most animals that evolve in a warm climate have shorter hair, rather than long, wispy, sparse hair. I think that if this pic shows a real specimen (unlikely) it is an older individual, possibly in poor health.

gigantor

It is pure speculation that these creatures all migrate to lower ground in the colder months.

Actually Strick, I plotted the elevation vs sighting dates a while back in this thread and there is a pattern for sure. Below are the plots for 1999 - 2010 PNW.

post-338-012569300 1320974424_thumb.jpg

post-338-005490000 1320974467_thumb.jpg

Edited by gigantor